Windows 10: help getting the screenshots working.

Discus and support help getting the screenshots working. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; ok i have 1909 ver win10 pro 64 bit. last week when i was trying to setup the fingerprint scanner somehow i messed up the pc and had to do a reset. i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by corvairbob, Jan 13, 2020.

1. help getting the screenshots working.

ok i have 1909 ver win10 pro 64 bit. last week when i was trying to setup the fingerprint scanner somehow i messed up the pc and had to do a reset. i got all my data back from a drive that had my files. well back then you helped me setup screenshots. and i had it now it is gone. i did searches and found tons of info on how to do a screenshot and i did not have the screenshots folder anywhere on the pc. i even did a search and nothing. so i made a screenshots folder in my pictures folder. and tried to move it. that failed. it moved but a search did not show it. i have my folder set to show hidden. nothing came up. so i made another one and clipped it to quick access. but when i press fn + prtsc i get nothing. i tried ctrl + prtsc and the windows button and alt and shift and just about everything else the searches said to use and nothing shows up in the screenshots folder. so how it the world do i create a print screen folder and get screenshots into it.

if i can't get it by tuesday i will do another restore back to a week ago and see if it comes back. when i did that last reset i let windows do it's thing and set it all to default. i did not even give the pc a mane but let window name it. and all i did was go to folder and set it to show hidden and set up the mouse and screensavers. plus the norton program. the rest o just copied back to the pc.

also the other day my pc now calls my modem another name that the wifes pc calls it for the lan connection. so that may be a reason things are messing up as well. and when i'm searching for things i get an error message now and the sites i visit all have a green check mark next to them so i figure norton is telling me they are safe. thanks

:)

corvairbob, Jan 13, 2020

2. screenshot function is not working

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer and click on This PC in the left navigation pane.
    • Navigate to the location: C:\Users\<Username>\Pictures\Screenshots.
    • Right click on the Screenshots folder and select Properties.
    • Click on the Location tab in the Properties Window.
    • Change the location to the desired location and click on Move.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jan 13, 2020
  4. help getting the screenshots working.

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

help getting the screenshots working.

1. help getting the screenshots working. - Similar Threads - help getting screenshots

2. HELP! Screenshots are not being saved to screenshot folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! Screenshots are not being saved to screenshot folder?: I cant seem to find my screenshots anywhere. Even after taking a screenshot [Shift + Windows + S], the screenshot folder [One Drive > Pictures > Screenshots] remains empty. i’ve made sure to tick the ‘Save Screenshots I capture to OneDrive’ from OneDrive settings and to no...
  3. Can't get screenshot to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get screenshot to work: I'm using Win10. Screenshots all of a sudden don't work. With the prt sc key I'd use Ctrl or fn or Win key. I think one of those sent it to Dropbox. Anyway, none of them do anything and they worked fine up till a few days ago....
  4. Can't get screenshot to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get screenshot to work: I'm using Win10. Screenshots all of a sudden don't work. With the prt sc key I'd use Ctrl or fn or Win key. I think one of those sent it to Dropbox. Anyway, none of them do anything and they worked fine up till a few days ago....
  5. Can't get screenshot to work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. ScreenShot Not Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ScreenShot Not Working: I just updated my laptop windows to Windows 10 Home Insider Preview But after that update, My screenshot is not working As much i know the screenshot key is Windows+PrtSC But after that It is not working Is that a bug? Is so then please fix this soon And If it isn't a bug...
  7. Screenshot not working. Help?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screenshot not working. Help?: Recently, I tried screenshotting my screen as usual Alt+Print Screen and found that it wouldn't work. When I tried to paste it, the pasted image would say "This Page is protected" no matter what screen I tried to screenshot Including google etc, which worked fine before....
  8. Screenshots getting delayed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screenshots getting delayed: Hi, soo i recently built a new pc and i am having this issue with the screenshots the "ctrl+prtsc" one. When i use this shortcut to take a screenshot, it captures the screen from 5-6 seconds ago and not what is currently displayed on the screen. This is only happening when i...
  9. Screenshots not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screenshots not working: At first the screenshots weren't working at all. Then they just showed up as black screen. Anyone have any clue what's going on submitted by /u/Esko99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e6t3h1/screenshots_not_working/
  10. Screenshot not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screenshot not working: Hey guys, since I updated my PC a few days ago my printscreen hotkey isn't working. Usually I print screen with win+prntscrn, but now it isn't working. Any ideas? submitted by /u/eilandbushxxvi [link] [comments]...