Windows 10: Help getting *The Sims* (2000) running

Discus and support Help getting *The Sims* (2000) running in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've tried installing The Sims and all of it's expansions (Livin' it up to Makin' Magic) but there's a ton of issues: locking up whenever I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ProShitposter9000, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Help getting *The Sims* (2000) running

I've tried installing The Sims and all of it's expansions (Livin' it up to Makin' Magic) but there's a ton of issues: locking up whenever I try to visit a community lot, not being able to save, unable to import families etc. It's not like I can buy it of GOG either

I'll probably uninstall it and try again, because I can't even remember what I did to get it this far; it used to be worse (for example there was an issue where the game would get stuck in a loop where the game would add the community lots to the neighbourhood)

Also, how can I get it to run at 1920×1080 well? What I've tried so far doe make it work, but again has a ton of issues (such as previously displayed stuff lingering on the scdeen)

submitted by /u/ProShitposter9000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ProShitposter9000, Sep 2, 2020

2. Can't run sims 1.

Hi Addison,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer the query, mentioned below:

• Can you run other games on the computer?
    I would suggest you to follow these steps provided below and check, if it helps.

The issue is occurring due to outdated or corrupt graphics card driver.

Method 1:

You may also update the graphic card driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

•Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

•Expand “Display Adaptor”.

•Right click on the graphic card driver and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check, if it works.

If the issue still persists, follow the Method 2.

Method 2:

Install the latest Display adaptor driver and Graphic card driver in Compatibility mode:

I would suggest you to uninstall and download the Latest the Display adaptor driver and Graphic card driver from manufacture's website and reinstall it in compatibility mode.

1. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility Tab.

3. Place a check mark next to Run this program in

Compatibility Mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.

4. Let the driver to install and then, check the functionality.

I would also suggest you to uninstall and download the Sims 1 deluxe edition game software from The Sims official game software website and reinstall it in compatibility mode.

Try to follow these steps to uninstall the Sims 1 deluxe edition game software:

1. Press Windows key + R, to get the RUN command.

2. In RUN command Window, type control.

3. The Control Panel appears, then go to programs and features option.

4. In the programs and features option, go to the Uninstall or change a program and then, you can uninstall the Sims 1 deluxe edition game software.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10 and Ms Works 2000

Hi Spencer,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please reply: Did you receive any error message? If yes, kindly respond with the error message and error code.

We would appreciate if you tell us about your issue briefly. However, I would also suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

• Right click on Microsoft Works 2000.
    • Click on Properties .
    • Go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Click on Run this program in compatibility mode and select the previous version which worked fine for you.
    Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Help getting *The Sims* (2000) running

Running Office 2000 and Office 2007

Hi.

I am running Windows 8.1. I have installed Microsoft Office 2000 Pro AND MS Office 2007. I do not like the PowerPoint on 2007 and want to use the 2000 version. I know it is on the computer because 2000 appears in the remove programs list, but that is the
    only place I can find it. It does not seem to be anywhere in the Programs list, on Drive C or on the Start list. I know it works fine with Windows 8.1 and 10 as I use it on other machines with only Office 2000 installed. So how can I use PP2000. Should I /
    Could I perhaps remove just the PowerPoint from the Office 2007 only and use PP2000?

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew_C_Day, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Help getting *The Sims* (2000) running

1. Help getting *The Sims* (2000) running - Similar Threads - Help getting *The

2. The Sims CD game will not run on windows 11. My CD is the original from 2000 no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Sims CD game will not run on windows 11. My CD is the original from 2000 no...: I have seen other versions of The Sims running on windows 10 or 11 but they are not the original disk I have, instead they are bundle expansion packs that came out months or years after the original release. I Have a nice laptop with windows 11 so I figured I would buy...
  3. The Sims CD game will not run on windows 11. My CD is the original from 2000 no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Sims CD game will not run on windows 11. My CD is the original from 2000 no...: I have seen other versions of The Sims running on windows 10 or 11 but they are not the original disk I have, instead they are bundle expansion packs that came out months or years after the original release. I Have a nice laptop with windows 11 so I figured I would buy...
  4. Can’t run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system

in Windows 10 News
    Can’t run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system: [IMG]Are you getting the “Can’t run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system” error while trying to play The Sims 4? Here is a complete guide to resolve the video card error on The Sims 4. The Sims 4 is a popular and old social simulation game popular amongst millions of...
  5. how to get flt sim 2020 running?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get flt sim 2020 running?: I downloaded "flight simulator 2020" and installed it. It ran for 1 flight then stopped. I tried everything I could to get it restarted including uninstalling and reinstalling several times both with and without wiping from the hard drive and have not had any luck getting it...
  6. Need help running some early 2000's CD-Roms

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help running some early 2000's CD-Roms: Hey all, I recently found some old CDs of games I used to play with my grandpa. Some of them work, but with some others I run into compability problems. I vaguely remember that I could run CDs in some sort of environment compatible with them on a different Windows a a couple...
  7. Need help, trying to delete flight sim and keeping getting this every time.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help, trying to delete flight sim and keeping getting this every time.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/idoooobz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ie9dno/need_help_trying_to_delete_flight_sim_and_keeping/
  8. Why is my Sim City 3000 not running?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is my Sim City 3000 not running?: When I try to launch my game I keep getting an error "unknown exception". What is causing this? A friend says that this is particular to windows 10? My other old game "Panzer General 111" is also not running anymore. Should I change to an older version of Windows or try a...
  9. lifecam 2000

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lifecam 2000: my LifeCam does not work since upgrading to win10 what can I do or will windows send me a new webcam that works, my email is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lifecam-2000/cb14f5c1-c547-47f1-9d27-bb22b5731c95
  10. Sims 4 not running properly on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sims 4 not running properly on Windows 10: To get straight to the point, ever since my software upgraded to Windows 10 the Sims 4 hasn't been working well. It opens and just lingers on the black screen but I discovered that if i go to the desktop then back to the Sims 4 tab it progresses, usually to the colorful logo...