Windows 10: Help getting wireless display to work in Windows 10.

Discus and support Help getting wireless display to work in Windows 10. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a surface pro 2017 that I'm trying to get setup as a wireless display for when I'm working on my desktop. I have everything setup on my SP, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/runed_golem, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Help getting wireless display to work in Windows 10.

I have a surface pro 2017 that I'm trying to get setup as a wireless display for when I'm working on my desktop. I have everything setup on my SP, but when I go to the connect option on my desktop it says "This PC or mobile device doesn't support miracast."

I've run dxdiag and it says that miracast is supported. I've tried connecting my desktop to the local network via ethernet and via a wifi dongle (netgear a6210).

My current desktop setup is:

Gigabyte z97x-SLI

I5-4690k

rx480 8GB

8GB RAM

I'm at a loss here and any help would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/runed_golem
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/runed_golem, Mar 5, 2021

2. wireless display adapter model 1628

Hi Rudy,

Connecting to a wireless display requires a device that supports Miracast. For us to identify the cause of this issue, please answer the below questions:

In the meantime, we suggest performing the given steps on this article:
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Mar 5, 2021
  3. window 10 wireless display not working

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

You may remove and add the Wireless Display adapter and try.

Please try this suggestion. Updating Display drivers:

• Right Click Start button and choose Device Manager
    • Expand Display Adapters
    • Right Click Display Driver and choose update driver software
    • Windows should automatically start downloading and installing new driver
    • Try and connect to Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter
    Download Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter app from the below link and check.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/store/apps/Microsoft-Wireless-Display-Adapter/9WZDNCRFJBB1

For Xbox issues, please head over to the Xbox Forums
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/forums

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help.

Joy Kemprai, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Help getting wireless display to work in Windows 10.

Windows Wireless Display Adapter-not connecting anymore

Hello Phillip,

Did you notice any changes on your PC prior to the issue? I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in this support article:
    Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters.

Since updating drivers did not work, in addition, you can try to reset the Wireless Adapter.

1. On the adapter, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
    2. When the message " Ready to connect "shows, open the
      Action Center.
    3. Select Connect, and in the list of displays, select
      Microsoft
      Wireless Display Adapter.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Carlo Fer, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Help getting wireless display to work in Windows 10.

1. Help getting wireless display to work in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Help getting wireless

2. Get help with display settings in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get help with display settings in Windows: i am not able to adjust my brightness in my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-help-with-display-settings-in-windows/58c298f4-b9a4-402a-a1fd-f23dfa8bcf47
  3. Get help with display settings in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get help with display settings in Windows: i am not able to adjust my brightness in my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-help-with-display-settings-in-windows/58c298f4-b9a4-402a-a1fd-f23dfa8bcf47
  4. Wireless Display Feature not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Display Feature not working: I have a laptop HP OMEN 15 Model 15-dc1038ur and a Sony BRAVIA TV KD-43XE7096. Both support miracast, but I can't wirelessly over WiFi connect my laptop to the TV. Windows 11 can't find the TV when I try to cast. It just says "No displays are available"....
  5. Wireless Display Feature not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Display Feature not working: I have a laptop HP OMEN 15 Model 15-dc1038ur and a Sony BRAVIA TV KD-43XE7096. Both support miracast, but I can't wirelessly over WiFi connect my laptop to the TV. Windows 11 can't find the TV when I try to cast. It just says "No displays are available"....
  6. Wireless Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Display: Hi so I have been wanting tok connect my Lenovo Y540 to my TV via Wireless Display, but every time I try to connect my laptop freezes shortly when connected and then immidiatly dissconnects again. I cant seem to find anyone with a similar issue online, does anyonee know a...
  7. Windows 10 Get Help app not working

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Get Help app not working: [ATTACH]The Get Help app is one of the numerous ways if you are facing problems and wondering how and where to get help in Windows […] This article Windows 10 Get Help app not working first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. wireless display not working on windows 10 pro 1909 18363.752 it was working with the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wireless display not working on windows 10 pro 1909 18363.752 it was working with the...: I have an Acer aspire vx15 laptop and was used to connecting to my LG web os tv wirelessly with my laptop but now with this version, I can not connect to the tv. after lots of research I found that this problem has happened for a lot of windows users I want to say please...
  9. Can't get wireless display to work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't get wireless display to work: Every time I try to use a wireless display via the connect menu, It won't connect. It sees my miracast Samsung tv, as available, I click connect and it says connecting. The tv prompts me to accept incoming connection from laptop and I accept. It says please wait on both, but...
  10. Need help with Miracast / connecting to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help with Miracast / connecting to a wireless display: Hi, ive been able to connect to my phillips smart tv for couple of times vis miracast. i did that by pressing "windows key + P" and pressing connect to a wireless display. next sub window would open and automatically scan for devices. it would find it instantly and it would...