Windows 10: [ HELP ] Going back to previous Windows Build

Discus and support [ HELP ] Going back to previous Windows Build in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! So I installed the new windows build ( 2004 ) but unfortunately didn't read anything before doing it and that's why I have several issues now with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NathalieMrk, Jun 30, 2020.

1. [ HELP ] Going back to previous Windows Build

Hi!

So I installed the new windows build ( 2004 ) but unfortunately didn't read anything before doing it and that's why I have several issues now with this new update. I know that I can go back to the previous build but I want to know if I will lose any data and if it will take a lot of space on my main drive?

( I know that everything done after the update can't be saved so that's why I'm planning on going back before doing anything )

Thanks for you help [ HELP ] Going back to previous Windows Build :)

submitted by /u/NathalieMrk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NathalieMrk, Jun 30, 2020

2. reverting to previous build/version

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue.

• When the computer did froze? Is it when you tried to roll back?
    • Did you receive any error message?
    I suggest you to remove all the external devices plugged in to the computer and check if it helps to resolve the issue. If the issue persists, please restart the computer and check whether it rolled back or not. If it loads Windows 10,
    I suggest you to download the latest ISO of Windows 10 and perform automatic repair.

Download Windows 10

Steps to perform repair:

a) Insert the installation DVD or USB
    and boot Windows 8 from it.

b) In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

c) Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

d) Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

If you really would like to rollback, I suggest you to refer the below article on How to go back to the previous operating system (Windows 7/8.1) from Windows 10.

How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 23rd, 2015

How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 22nd, 2018

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy

to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Go Back to Previous Build

Hello, I just used the "Go Back to Previous build" function of Windows 10 after the update of build 1709.

but after few hours, windows will force me to update the OS again to build 1709 and will restart my laptop.

how can i keep my current build and will not install the update ?

JucelJipos, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

[ HELP ] Going back to previous Windows Build

Go Back to Previous Build

Hi Jucel,

To stop the Windows updates from installing, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R to open Run dialog.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Scroll down to see Windows Updates.
    • Right-click on Windows Updates, then select Properties.
    • Choose Disable as Startup type.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

[ HELP ] Going back to previous Windows Build

1. [ HELP ] Going back to previous Windows Build - Similar Threads - HELP Going previous

2. go back to previous install of windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    go back to previous install of windows: HEY, abt 15 days ago i had reinstalled windows on my laptop with 64 bit [ my previous windows 10 was 32 bit].2nd day after the reinstall i had startup errors and had to reset my pc.in june 2020 i had upgraded my win 7 to 10 which was 32 bit.after the reinstall i am facing...
  3. Windows 20H2 issues, cannot go back to previous build

Windows 20H2 issues, cannot go back to previous build: Hello, I have updated to windows 20H2 a week ago and I have had issues since then : - video and audio stuttering on Youtube, Netflix, Spotify, anything... no network issues and sometimes in online games - issues in the windows explorer right-click might make it crash and...
  4. How to go back to previous Windows build after clean install

How to go back to previous Windows build after clean install: Yesterday, I updated to the latest version of Windows only to have various software no longer responding (most involving audio - I'm a podcaster). When I attempted to go back to the previous version, it failed. When I tried to perform a recovery, it had been turned off...
  5. Go back to previous

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Go back to previous: After recent Ten updates, this Toshiba Satellite M645 S 4070 is out of order. 1. wireless is unable to turn on. 2. touchpad and pointer stopped working. 3. unable to go to BIOS menu. they were working before the updates. After I reset Ten to previous version from...
  6. Problems with going back to previous build.

Problems with going back to previous build.: I was stuck in an infinite repair loop of troubleshoot. Tried all options and the only one that worked was "go back to previous build" that was 10 hours ago. Still waiting with that message on the screen. Loaded windows 10 worked for 5 minutes then when I tried to execute an...
  7. going back to a previous version of windows

going back to a previous version of windows: I'm thinking of going back to a previous version of windows right before the creators update (i think its the same as 1703). I don't like all the changes it caused, mainly not being able to rearrange my files the way i want to, that's a must have for me. Since i have never...
  8. Go back to previous build - after windows 10 no install

Go back to previous build - after windows 10 no install: Started windows 10 install on friday...by Sunday, system still trying to install. Called microsoft, they gave directions to return to windows 7. System still trying to return to previous build after 4 hours....HELP! 14646
  9. Going back to a previous build

Going back to a previous build: I have a Intel Compute Stick that is running WIN 10 Preview Edition. I would like to go back to the previous install. There are 2 files for old Win10 Installs, windows.old & windows.old (1) When I started to reinstall it gave me a warning "You Must have the password for...
  10. Go back to previous build

Go back to previous build: Hi, I have the flashing screen that I can't do anything with, so i followed the instructions on how uninstall windows 10, which were great easy to read, but never got to question 6. Choose an account - I only got error message WDF_VIOLATION.. Than rebooted and back to the...