Windows 10: [Help] Grey screen after turning on monitor + exiting fullscreen applications

Discus and support [Help] Grey screen after turning on monitor + exiting fullscreen applications in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I keep getting this grey screen whenever I turn on my monitor after it's been off for some time, as well as when exiting fullscreen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Skrimiche, Dec 25, 2020.

1. [Help] Grey screen after turning on monitor + exiting fullscreen applications

[Help] Grey screen after turning on monitor + exiting fullscreen applications 5yz95r4XrkxUntqHR6yBb57PjDtfss1grd_yabj3QXs.jpg

I keep getting this grey screen whenever I turn on my monitor after it's been off for some time, as well as when exiting fullscreen applications. The taskbar isn't covered by it and still works fine, and it goes away after clicking the show desktop button, so it's not a huge problem, Still, I was wondering if there was some way to fix this.

https://preview.redd.it/28h97y4txc7...bp&s=c9c703ffb06db396b78799e18299659ec2874693

submitted by /u/Skrimiche
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Skrimiche, Dec 25, 2020

2. Black Screen issue for Exclusive Fullscreen mode when exiting or Alt+Tab to Desktop

Hi,

Issues with exiting from a game in full-screen mode may occur due to several reasons. It is possible that your video card driver is not updated or not compatible with the current configuration of your PC. To properly isolate your concern, please provide
    us the following information:

• Are you using a dual monitor display?
    • Does the issue occur when exiting the games from windowed mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?
    • Have you tried to update your video card drivers?

In the meantime, we suggest that you install all the critical and important Windows Updates on your computer by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Dec 25, 2020
  3. Grey screen with cursor when connecting second monitor

So my windows is booting and logging in fine. But as soon as I connect a second screen to my laptop (razerblade 15 2019) it works for a secons, a fullscreen black window appears which i can move around for like 3 seconds. Then both my laptop screen and external
    monitor tuen grey while I can still see and move the cursor. No keys work. No ctrl-alt-del oe nothing. Disconnecting the monitor does not help. The only thing I can do is force shutdown with the power button.

The weirdest thing is sometimes it works for a while and then later all of a sudden it turns grey again. Sometimes turning my laptop to sleep or closing and opening the lid helps, but not always.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Simeon_Noemis, Dec 25, 2020
  4. [Help] Grey screen after turning on monitor + exiting fullscreen applications

Second monitor gets grey tint

So I recently bought a second monitor and I have a very annoying problem. Whenever I view something in fullscreen on my second monitor (an AOC 2250WG5) the whole monitor gets a grey tint. When I set the AOC monitor to be the primary monitor the issue is
    still there, but when I disconnect my main monitor (an LG monitor) the AOC monitor works normally and the grey tint is not there when viewing, for example, videos in fullscreen.

The AOC monitor is connected with HDMI and the LG monitor is connected with DP. I tried to switch the two cables to see what would happen and the issue was even worse. Instead of a grey tint on the AOC monitor while in fullscreen everything just went black.
    And to get it to work again I had to reconnect the monitor.

My GPU at the moment is a RTX 2070 SUPER.

Would appreciate any help if there is any solution to this problem.

TinyWizard, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

[Help] Grey screen after turning on monitor + exiting fullscreen applications

1. [Help] Grey screen after turning on monitor + exiting fullscreen applications - Similar Threads - Help Grey screen

2. HDR monitor low brightness after exiting full screen SDR application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR monitor low brightness after exiting full screen SDR application: Good day all, Context:I have 3 identical monitors running in "Extended display" mode that support HDR. "Use HDR" is turned on in Windows Display Settings, and "SDR content brightness" is set to 55.Issue:When I launch an application in full screen that doesn't support HDR thus...
  3. HDR monitor low brightness after exiting full screen SDR application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR monitor low brightness after exiting full screen SDR application: Good day all, Context:I have 3 identical monitors running in "Extended display" mode that support HDR. "Use HDR" is turned on in Windows Display Settings, and "SDR content brightness" is set to 55.Issue:When I launch an application in full screen that doesn't support HDR thus...
  4. Apps resized on main monitor when exiting Fullscreen mode Dual monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps resized on main monitor when exiting Fullscreen mode Dual monitors: Hello fellas,I need your help because i have a really annoying problem !I recently bought a new 4K monitor Samsung Odyssey G70A in addition to my AOC FULL-HD monitor. Every time that i'm ALT-TAB or press Windows key to go back on my desktop in my Full-screen game, all apps...
  5. Apps resized on main monitor when exiting Fullscreen mode Dual monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps resized on main monitor when exiting Fullscreen mode Dual monitors: Hello fellas,I need your help because i have a really annoying problem !I recently bought a new 4K monitor Samsung Odyssey G70A in addition to my AOC FULL-HD monitor. Every time that i'm ALT-TAB or press Windows key to go back on my desktop in my Full-screen game, all apps...
  6. Explorer Apps Pops up when exiting from A Fullscreen Application

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer Apps Pops up when exiting from A Fullscreen Application: Hello, I am using windows 10 ,and while I am Playing Fortnite or any Fullscreen Games or Application when I exit the fullscreen mode it just opens File explorer for No reason I am currently running windows 10 21h2 I updated to 21h2 about 2 weeks ago and got cumulative update...
  7. Unable to exit fullscreen applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to exit fullscreen applications: All of a sudden my computer became unable to exit out of full screen applications. When I press windows key and a number, I can see the apps that corresponds to it but I have to keep the windows key pressed or I will exit back to the full screen application. When I am stuck...
  8. Exiting any fullscreen application causes windows to hang, then crash.

Exiting any fullscreen application causes windows to hang, then crash.: Anytime that I exit a full-screen application typically a video game, all of my monitors freeze, though my mouse still moves unable to interact with anything for about a minute or two until it freezes as well. So far, it seems I am able to avoid my system freezing if I set...
  9. Screen turns grey after screenshot?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen turns grey after screenshot?: I took a screenshot the other day, after that the screen slowly changed to gray shades. But I only pressed Windows key+press. Normally this does not happen. The only way to fix this is to restart. Anyone have a solution how to fix it differently?...
  10. BSOD watching YouTube fullscreen/exiting fullscreen

BSOD watching YouTube fullscreen/exiting fullscreen: For like an half a year I have been getting blue screens, sometimes randomly when watching Youtube videoAttachment 113450s, sometimes exiting fullscreen and immediately doing something else, like going into another tab etc. I have tried to fix it by searching for the...