Windows 10: Help, had the bootloop of dead proceeded to use "diskpart clean" command now my SSD is not...

Discus and support Help, had the bootloop of dead proceeded to use "diskpart clean" command now my SSD is not... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Laptop is: ASUS TUF Dash F15 FX516PM-HN024T So in short my copy of Windows got corrupted while loading a recovery point which got me stuck in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nabe Elix, May 23, 2022.

1. Nabe Elix Win User

Help, had the bootloop of dead proceeded to use "diskpart clean" command now my SSD is not...

Laptop is: ASUS TUF Dash F15 FX516PM-HN024T So in short my copy of Windows got corrupted while loading a recovery point which got me stuck in the Bootloop of dead no way to get into Windows. So i tried everything in Windows RE which got me nowhere until I found the option to try and use "diskpart" but i only got less lucky. My laptop froze after using the command "diskpart clean" which then i had to forcefully shut down my laptop but when i turned it back on nothing detected my SSD anymore i even tried to clean install w10 which in the end only gave me the "Disk is locked" etc. etc.So now im s

:)

Nabe Elix, May 23, 2022

2. DISKPART CLEAN

Hello

I'm Peter F independent Advisor

You will get this error when you are using diskpart clean command on system disk. The system disk contains the Windows operating system files and other critical files, if you are allowed to clean the system disk, all the data and partitions will be gone. That
    will result in a lot of errors and chaos. Meanwhile, the delete volume is greyed out in Disk Management. In this case, the new SSD drive may be regarded as the system disk due to the system files, etc.

Using Windows installation disc to clean

If you have the Windows installation disc, you can follow these steps to solve clean is not allowed issue in Windows 7/8/10:

1. Insert the Windows installation disc, then boot from it.

2. Click Repair your computer> Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Command Prompt.

3. Then input the diskpart commands to clean hard disk:

diskpart

list disk

select disk [disknumber]

clean

Diskpart Clean

Then you could create a new partition on the drive to solve this problem.

Reference

https://www.disk-partition.com/articles/virtual...

This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope it helps

Pedro V Flores, May 23, 2022
  3. Please help. Messed up SSD after installing windows 10 from usb

You could 'clean' it with diskpart, I am not 100% sure what the windows installer did to it, 'cleaning' it with diskpart may make your OS not load even if it is on the HDD depending on where it put the MBR, so proceed at your own risk.

To clean:
    From windows command line...

diskpart <enter>
    list disk <enter>
    note the disk # of the SSD
    select disk # (Number of ssd)
    clean <enter>

NOTE: once the SSD is 'cleaned' it cant be undone and everything will be wiped.

Psychoholic, May 23, 2022
  4. Cris1 Win User

Help, had the bootloop of dead proceeded to use "diskpart clean" command now my SSD is not...

Diskpart Clean USB Problem

I recently created a bootable USB device for Windows 10 then did these steps I found on the web:
    • Plug in the flash drive.
    • At a command prompt run: diskpart
    • List disk (Enter)
    • Select disk (number of flash drive) (Press Enter)
    • Clean (It will wipe the drive completely, including partitions
    Once done, I exited the cmd then proceeded to go into disk management and select on what I think is the usb drive I plugged in. I then proceeded to click New Simple Volume and go through it normally. I then realized that the partition I did was not my usb but something else, however there are no other external storage medias plugged in to my PC, only my usb and I know that I didn't select my internal hard drives. I say it's something else because I still can't access my USB it says to insert a disk drive on (drive letter). And I am free to unplug my usb and the extra drive would still be there. I think I bricked something, I'm asking for help with my situation. Any feedbacks are well appreciated, thanks!
    EDIT: Forgot to mention, the size of my USB is 32gb and the partition I created was only 12gb without any files inside of it. I don't know what I was thinking.

Cris1, May 23, 2022
Thema:

1. Help, had the bootloop of dead proceeded to use "diskpart clean" command now my SSD is not... - Similar Threads - Help bootloop dead

2. Help : Data Lost By Using Diskpart Clean Command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help : Data Lost By Using Diskpart Clean Command: By Installing Windows 11 from Windows 10 , To Make Space for Windows 11I have Entered the Command Diskpart Clean and Then convert the Diskpart to mbrAfter Installing Windows 11, I noticed That There was Only Local Disk C Which is Formatted or Cleared and Other Local Disks...
  3. Help : Data Lost By Using Diskpart Clean Command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help : Data Lost By Using Diskpart Clean Command: By Installing Windows 11 from Windows 10 , To Make Space for Windows 11I have Entered the Command Diskpart Clean and Then convert the Diskpart to mbrAfter Installing Windows 11, I noticed That There was Only Local Disk C Which is Formatted or Cleared and Other Local Disks...
  4. Help, had the bootloop of dead proceeded to use "diskpart clean" command now my SSD is not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help, had the bootloop of dead proceeded to use "diskpart clean" command now my SSD is not...: Laptop is: ASUS TUF Dash F15 FX516PM-HN024T So in short my copy of Windows got corrupted while loading a recovery point which got me stuck in the Bootloop of dead no way to get into Windows. So i tried everything in Windows RE which got me nowhere until I found the option to...
  5. Help, had the bootloop of dead proceeded to use "diskpart clean" command now my SSD is not...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help, had the bootloop of dead proceeded to use "diskpart clean" command now my SSD is not...: Laptop is: ASUS TUF Dash F15 FX516PM-HN024T So in short my copy of Windows got corrupted while loading a recovery point which got me stuck in the Bootloop of dead no way to get into Windows. So i tried everything in Windows RE which got me nowhere until I found the option to...
  6. Is it safe to use the clean all command on a ssd?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it safe to use the clean all command on a ssd?: I am reinstalling windows and using repair computer to go into recovery mode and get to the command prompt, I have been using the clean command in diskpart to erase data because I think I have a virus, but have not tried the clean all command yet. I heard that clean all does...
  7. Used the "clean" command in DiskPart by mistake

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Used the "clean" command in DiskPart by mistake: I'm in a pickle and need somebody to help me. While removing some unnecessary partitions in HDD, I accidentally ran "clean" command instead of using "delete partition" command in DiskPart. Right after that, I also ran "create partition primary" command. But fortunately, I...
  8. Clean command in DiskPart in cmd by mistake

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clean command in DiskPart in cmd by mistake: Hey geeks, My PC was having some trouble from last few days, so during the chkdsk, it made one of my partition RAW. So, in order to repair it, I accidently ran clean command in diskpart of Command Prompt Admin on my 1 TB HDD. Then I closed the command prompt immediately...
  9. Clean command diskpart windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean command diskpart windows 10: I accidentally ran this while in a windows 10 boot disk trying to recover my computer after it stopped booting. thankfully I have all the main partition's data on a backup drive, but is there anyway to basically "undo" the command? I guess not because I assume it just wipes...
  10. Erase Disk using Diskpart Clean Command in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Erase Disk using Diskpart Clean Command in Windows 10: How to: Erase Disk using Diskpart Clean Command in Windows 10 How to Erase a Disk using Diskpart Clean Command in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use the clean or clean all Diskpart command options to erase (wipe) a disk leaving it unallocated and not...