Windows 10: HELP HELP HELP Since July 2018, Windows 10 updates are failing.

Discus and support HELP HELP HELP Since July 2018, Windows 10 updates are failing. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; message reads: We couldn't finish installing updates. Every 2nd day since July 2018, Windows 10 downloads an update and runs for hours, finally at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Martin et JeanneBoily, Oct 31, 2018.

1. HELP HELP HELP Since July 2018, Windows 10 updates are failing.

message reads: We couldn't finish installing updates.

Every 2nd day since July 2018, Windows 10 downloads an update and runs for hours, finally at the end since it cannot update it uninstalls the data it had downloaded. (Message do not shut down your computer) A very long process which I chose to be done after 11pm and before 5am. Sometimes the computer freezes and the only way out is to manually shut down the computer. This is very annoying and I cannot seem to find someone able to help. It was suggested I download Windows 10 on a USB key, then re-install it. I am completely lost. I have also,lost access to Windows Office nor Word as it is not recognize the license and I do not have a number as the programs were factory installed. I was also told that by re-installing Windows10 latest version, I could loose my photos and files and to make a backup.

:)

Martin et JeanneBoily, Oct 31, 2018

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Oct 31, 2018
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Download Windows 10 TH/RS

Download May 23 CU KB4100403 x64 (426.7MB)

Brings system to 17134.81

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

HELP HELP HELP Since July 2018, Windows 10 updates are failing.

Windows 10 Updates Help

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We would suggest you to initiate a check disc from the command prompt and check if it helps.

• Search for cmd, right click and run as administrator.
    • This will open command prompt with admin privilege, now paste the below command:
    CHKDSK /R /F

• Once the scan is complete, reboot the computer and check if it helps.
    Windows will automatically check for updates and install it, if an update fails, you can get the information from view update history, which will give you more information about the failing update.

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

HELP HELP HELP Since July 2018, Windows 10 updates are failing.

1. HELP HELP HELP Since July 2018, Windows 10 updates are failing. - Similar Threads - HELP HELP HELP

2. Powershell update-help fails.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell update-help fails.: It seems to run OK then then suddenly fails with HTTP 404 error. Note that is also fails if I try to update the 'en-US' language files. Any clues as what is going on?The following were the verbose messages produced.VERBOSE: Resolving URI:...
  3. Windows fails to update help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows fails to update help!: Windows has been failing to update for quite a while now and its become an issue, there are now certain apps and programs that wont allow the older version I'm now running and try as I might I cant find a way to fix this. I have no clue what to do. I've even tried to perform...
  4. Help! Update Failing on reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help! Update Failing on reboot: Hi. My update to 20H2 and the one before that keep failing. The update part works fine, but when the reboot/install happens, the machine gets to 86% and then encounters some sort of error and uninstalls all the updates. I've tried updating in safe mode and with everything...
  5. Help with failed update 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with failed update 20H2: My windows 10 home update keeps failing. It will fail on different %'s. The last failure was at 94%. Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 (2) Last failed install attempt on ‎8/‎24/‎2020 - 0x8007042b Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 (2) Last failed install...
  6. HELP windows 10 failed update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP windows 10 failed update: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/1ej28zv7xx251.png?width=1367&format=png&auto=webp&s=691b651b265777e79db6a14a0e60348582d9698a Everyday, and I mean EVERYDAY, I have been prompted to update windows; every time I turn my computer back on windows is undoing the update. What...
  7. PowerShell: update-help failing

in Windows 10 Customization
    PowerShell: update-help failing: Good Morning, Please can someone explain why I am receiving the following error when I use theupdate-help command in PowerShell and how I can fix it - update-help : Failed to update Help for the modules : 'AppBackgroundTask, AppLocker, Appx, AssignedAccess, BitLocker,...
  8. Nov. 10 2018 update = BSOD. Help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nov. 10 2018 update = BSOD. Help!: The latest Microsoft update was forced on my HP laptop last night overnight. Now when i turn it on, i have normal background, touch screen tonlogin and get BSOD. Hitting F4 doesnt help, rebooting several times, i do not fet a safemode option. Just BSOD every time. Help!...
  9. Windows 10 update 10/10/2018 (Failure, help me)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update 10/10/2018 (Failure, help me): Windows 10 update 10 10 18 failed, my Lenovo jauto updates (I trust Microsoft to get this right) So it stops on a Blue Screen of death with 6 options (have a photo) basically continued,after trying all options, several times, looking quickly via Google to see if anyone else...
  10. Help! Microphone Issues : July, 2018

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help! Microphone Issues : July, 2018: A few days ago, a Windows update careened into my computer, along with a series of Nvidia GeForce updates for my GPU. Before hand, I had no issues. Recently, I haven't been able to use my microphone with any program on my PC. It works with Firefox, and my older laptop, but...