Windows 10: Help! Home WiFi suddenly stopped appearing in list of networks to connect to

Discus and support Help! Home WiFi suddenly stopped appearing in list of networks to connect to in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My windows 10 laptop suddenly stopped showing my home WiFi network and thus I’m unable to connect to WiFi on this machine. Other networks are appearing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/6118210, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Help! Home WiFi suddenly stopped appearing in list of networks to connect to

My windows 10 laptop suddenly stopped showing my home WiFi network and thus I’m unable to connect to WiFi on this machine. Other networks are appearing in the list, and my home network appears on every other WiFi device I have in the house. For some reason, only on my windows 10 laptop I cannot see it. I can connect to the internet via hardwiring to the router, but that’s it.

So far I’ve tried performing all windows updates, and I even uninstalled the driver for my WiFi card and reinstalled it via windows update. That didn’t do anything unfortunately. I also tried going to “manage known networks” and adding it manually, specifying the SSID and selecting the appropriate security type and supplying the password and it add it as if it found it but doesn’t connect unfortunately. Idk what’s going on, any help is greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/6118210
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/6118210, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks

The list of WiFi connections shown when you click the WiFi icon in the taskbar is a list of all the signals that can currently be seen by the WiFi adapter. The list in Manage Known Networks is a list of all those you have previously successfully connected to, whether or not they are currently available.

The only plausible explanation is that for a while that WiFi signal had been turned off.

3. Wifi card suddenly stops with no error

(note: restarting the laptop fixes this until it happens again) this is something that happens randomly, I'll be doing something (usually requiring internet) and all the sudden the wifi card disappears from the connections list. I cannot see why this happens and it seems to happen randomly with no pattern. Opening device manager to the wifi card says that it has an error code 14 and that I need to restart to fix it, if I go the the details tab under Status I get these messages
    Help! Home WiFi suddenly stopped appearing in list of networks to connect to [​IMG]
    and under problem code I get this
    Help! Home WiFi suddenly stopped appearing in list of networks to connect to [​IMG]
    this is fixed by restarting but this happens 2-4 times a day and gets really annoying

randomwin10user, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Help! Home WiFi suddenly stopped appearing in list of networks to connect to

Wifi suddenly stopped working - strange result

Wifi stopped working suddenly on my desktop. Now I have to connect with cable to the router but when I open Network Connections it still says the wifi is connected and working. The Ethernet connection has the name of the Wifi SSID.

If I open the details of the wifi connection it says there is no0 IPV4 or IPV6 connectivity although these are checked.

What has happened?

anparkinson, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Help! Home WiFi suddenly stopped appearing in list of networks to connect to

1. Help! Home WiFi suddenly stopped appearing in list of networks to connect to - Similar Threads - Help Home WiFi

2. Multiple versions of home network appear in network connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple versions of home network appear in network connections: In network connections my computer consistently shows multiple versions of my home network; I have a Fios router and the name of the network is MOTOR18, however, there are always at least 4 'MOTOR 18' networks shown, and also always 'MOTOR18 2, MOTOR18 3,' and so on. They all...
  3. Multiple versions of home network appear in network connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple versions of home network appear in network connections: In network connections my computer consistently shows multiple versions of my home network; I have a Fios router and the name of the network is MOTOR18, however, there are always at least 4 'MOTOR 18' networks shown, and also always 'MOTOR18 2, MOTOR18 3,' and so on. They all...
  4. wifi network not appearing in list of available networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi network not appearing in list of available networks: When I click the little internet icon on the task bar to see the available networks, my network does not appear. I know the network works fine because it works on my phone note: I connected my phone to the network after I tried connecting my computer. Other networks do show...
  5. Network randomly appears and disappear on the connection list.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network randomly appears and disappear on the connection list.: I've lost a complete day to this utter nonsense. Ever since the morning my pc wasn't connecting to my mobile hotspot and not showing up in the connections list. Even if it did show up it wouldn't connected to the internet saying it can't connect to the network. Then out of...
  6. Home network not visible on the available network lists for wifi

Home network not visible on the available network lists for wifi: Just installed a new router. I'm using windows 10. When I click on show available networks mine does not show up. This is only applicable for this laptop. It does connect to the router using an ethernet cord and the laptop shows many networks out there, just not mine. I...
  7. Wifi default network not connecting or appearing on list unless i disable and then enable...

Wifi default network not connecting or appearing on list unless i disable and then enable...: Hello, I have an Acer Aspire 5, that wont connect to my default wifi network unless i restart my pc or disable and then enable my wifi card. I tried disabling the power management setting on the wifi card. But nothing works. I tried updating the driver and it doesnt work....
  8. Wifi Suddenly Not Appearing?

Wifi Suddenly Not Appearing?: I have an HP WIndows 10 computer. Recently, I've moved my PC to a different room, and unplugged the ethernet cable while doing so. However, I could not detect a WiFi option in the desktop? This is weird because I used to be able to use WiFi AND ethernet before, but now I...
  9. All of sudden my wifi network is not showing in the available wifi networks list

All of sudden my wifi network is not showing in the available wifi networks list: Hi Team, For understanding purpose I am naming my wifi connection as A and other connections are B,C,D,E,F,..etc Laptop and mobile are in same room Laptop connected to wifi A Mobile connected to wifi A all of sudden Laptop disconnected to wifi and couldn't able for...
  10. my wifi network is not appearing in the list of available networks

my wifi network is not appearing in the list of available networks: I have already made the wlan report I tried to attach it but it did not work....I hope it is ok to paste it here. I hope someone can help me. I have troubleshooted my butt off and it is happening on both of my laptops so I do not understand how to fix it. Thanks!...