Windows 10: Help! How can I automatically hide .bak files?

Discus and support Help! How can I automatically hide .bak files? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! So even since I use this computer with Windows 10 I have this "problem" where I can see all the .bak files, and I have to hide them manually.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/deadman_alive, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Help! How can I automatically hide .bak files?

Hello! So even since I use this computer with Windows 10 I have this "problem" where I can see all the .bak files, and I have to hide them manually. This happens with .doc, .xls and .html files.

I use FreeOffice, I don't know if that has anything to do with this. (When I had Microsoft Office in another computer this didn't happen).

submitted by /u/deadman_alive
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/deadman_alive, Feb 18, 2021
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Windows 10 .bak file extensions not showing

Hi Tom,

The .bak file is a file extension of the backup files. To delete the unwanted backup files, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key. Type backup, then select
      Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
    • Under Back up or restore your files, click Manage space.
    • Under Manage Windows Backup disk space, you will see the
      Backup location
    • Under Data file backup, click View backups.
    • Under Select a back period to delete, choose the backups you want to delete.

Note: You have an option to delete the earlier system image to save a disk space. To do so, check the following steps:

• Go back to the Manage Windows Backup disk space window.
    • Under System image, click Change settings.
    • Under Select how Windows retains older system images, choose from the 2 options.

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

Riel Alc, Feb 18, 2021
  3. Show / hide files HELP..

Which method did you use to "hide" your file ?

blobster21, Feb 18, 2021
  4. Help! How can I automatically hide .bak files?

Bak files

I can't login to my computer, I could not login to in user account so I turned the other accounts into bak files but my computer won't recognize my login in password for please help. I can't find the bak files now please help
    me find the bak files

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Nerdface1723, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

Help! How can I automatically hide .bak files?

1. Help! How can I automatically hide .bak files? - Similar Threads - Help automatically hide

2. How do I remove a .bak file from "Recent"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove a .bak file from "Recent"?: I have Windows 11 Home on my laptop. I did a "save as" for a picture that I saved years ago in my ACDSee program in order to purchase a coffee mug on the internet. I cropped the picture as needed. After uploading the picture to the mug website, I deleted the "save as" file as...
  3. How do I remove a .bak file from "Recent"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove a .bak file from "Recent"?: I have Windows 11 Home on my laptop. I did a "save as" for a picture that I saved years ago in my ACDSee program in order to purchase a coffee mug on the internet. I cropped the picture as needed. After uploading the picture to the mug website, I deleted the "save as" file as...
  4. how can I hide unwanted updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I hide unwanted updates: I have updates for an old 2007 MS Project. How do I get rid of , or hide, the updates? I uninstalled Project 2007.Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites KB2767916The 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 3 SP3Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1...
  5. how to recover profile .bak file

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to recover profile .bak file: Friends, I have accidently deleted Windows .bak profile file from regedit menu & now unable to see my important data. Please advise on how to recover it ? regards Padmaraj...
  6. Deleted .bak file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted .bak file: Hey. I've accidentally deleted my .bak file instead of renaming it because I was having the "we couldn't sign into your account" thing. Now I'm permanently locked out of my account and in some random one. I really don't want to lose my stuff and I just need a solution on how...
  7. Can I hide system files?

Can I hide system files?: I want to hide all files that weren't created by me, this includes system files such as the Windows, Program files, etc. folders. Should/can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-hide-system-files/956fdb69-5003-4091-b782-40460ee8e9c5
  8. .bak file

.bak file: How do I open a .bak file? Have made a backup copy but proving frustrating trying to open the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bak-file/14ebc606-47f5-4744-8aca-418f80303a06"
  9. How Can I Hide Users File From Other Users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How Can I Hide Users File From Other Users: Is there a way to create user files or folders that are not invisible to other users. Invisible to mean the other user see absolutely nothing to do with another user. Users in this case to mean Windows 10 "Standard User" Please note that if solution cannot be accomplished...
  10. how to open a .bak file

in Windows 10 Support
    how to open a .bak file: I understand that a .bak file is created as a back up but why would my windows 10 computer create a file I can't open ? 54366