Windows 10: [HELP] How can I replace cmd.exe, PowerShell, and WSL windows with Windows Terminal?

Discus and support [HELP] How can I replace cmd.exe, PowerShell, and WSL windows with Windows Terminal? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As a Linux user, I love using Konsole. For work, I have to use Windows & sometimes I have to use the CLI, but I don't like PowerShell & CMD's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iJONTY85, Dec 14, 2019.

1. [HELP] How can I replace cmd.exe, PowerShell, and WSL windows with Windows Terminal?

As a Linux user, I love using Konsole. For work, I have to use Windows & sometimes I have to use the CLI, but I don't like PowerShell & CMD's interface, so I installed Windows Terminal, which I enjoy using.

Any way for me to open cmd.exe with Win Terminal when I do Win+X?

How can I create Start Menu entries for cmd.exe, PowerShell, & WSL distros?

submitted by /u/iJONTY85
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iJONTY85, Dec 14, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 14, 2019
  3. RejZoR Win User
    PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Ok, can someone tell me the point of PowerShell replacing old CMD in right click Start menu? I wouldn't mind it if god damn syntaxes weren't totally different than in CMD.

Tried to flash my GTX 980 the other day, open the thing as admin, like before and blue window shows up. So I said, ok, they changed the color. Tried to execute the utility and it refused. Then I looked well and I see it's not CMD but PoweShell. And now I have no clue how to use the damn thing. Luckily I could dig up old CMD from Search, but it's dumb, because CMD is now digged somewhere and PowerShell is where CMD used to be.

How do you frigging use this damn thing?

RejZoR, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Solaris17 Win User

[HELP] How can I replace cmd.exe, PowerShell, and WSL windows with Windows Terminal?

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

People that get upset about this are going to be in for a rude awakening when they find out commands have started to be depreciated since vista and powershell has been the planned replacement for CMD since 8.1.

Solaris17, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

[HELP] How can I replace cmd.exe, PowerShell, and WSL windows with Windows Terminal?

1. [HELP] How can I replace cmd.exe, PowerShell, and WSL windows with Windows Terminal? - Similar Threads - HELP replace cmd

2. How to Restart WSL using PowerShell, CMD, Task Manager

in Windows 10 News
    How to Restart WSL using PowerShell, CMD, Task Manager: [IMG]WSL or Windows Subsystem Linux is a built-in feature that helps run a Linux environment on a Windows 10/11 machine without using any dual-boot setup or virtual machine. Restarting WSL can be a convenient and time-efficient way to reboot or reinitialize the Linux instance...
  3. How to replace Windows terminal with Powershell in the Windows+X menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to replace Windows terminal with Powershell in the Windows+X menu: hello there,just wanted to replace Windows terminal with PowerShell in the Windows+X menu I tried doing it through the groups in C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinX in windows explorer BUt it doesn't seem to work. Can someone please help me with this?this is...
  4. How to replace Windows terminal with Powershell in the Windows+X menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to replace Windows terminal with Powershell in the Windows+X menu: hello there,just wanted to replace Windows terminal with PowerShell in the Windows+X menu I tried doing it through the groups in C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinX in windows explorer BUt it doesn't seem to work. Can someone please help me with this?this is...
  5. I need some help with windows powershell for windows terminal

I need some help with windows powershell for windows terminal: Hello I have a new HP laptop using edge browers and on task manager the edge browser was using 5.6 MB of memory out of 8Mbs so I clicked on the edge and a drop down I saw all the different programs using all the MB's so I closed down windows terminal to free up around 30mb's....
  6. I need some help with windows powershell for windows terminal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need some help with windows powershell for windows terminal: Hello I have a new HP laptop using edge browers and on task manager the edge browser was using 5.6 MB of memory out of 8Mbs so I clicked on the edge and a drop down I saw all the different programs using all the MB's so I closed down windows terminal to free up around 30mb's....
  7. I need some help with windows powershell for windows terminal

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. I need some help with windows powershell for windows terminal

9. Replace "Windows Powershell" with "Windows Terminal" in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Replace "Windows Powershell" with "Windows Terminal" in Start Menu?: Hi all, Does anyone know if it's possible to replace the "Windows Powershell" and "Windows Powershell (Admin)" options with "Windows Terminal" in the Start Menu context menu? [img] I know there's an option to toggle between Command Prompt and Powershell in the Settings...
  10. CMD, PowerShell, Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CMD, PowerShell, Windows Terminal: I have recently returned to windows after 10 years of OSX/MacOS and Linux. During my time on these OSes I became very comfortable with using the terminal on a daily basis for minor tasks to system configuration and diagnostics. I loved the power these tools have and wish to...