Windows 10: Help! How can I restore changes made in registry and get into my account?

Discus and support Help! How can I restore changes made in registry and get into my account? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Help! I changed the user name in my C drive on registry and after restarting my account, it's now a completely different user account. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by C-anne, Apr 18, 2021.

1. C-anne Win User

Help! How can I restore changes made in registry and get into my account?

Help!

I changed the user name in my C drive on registry and after restarting my account, it's now a completely different user account. Is there a way to safely retrieve my account prior to the changes? How can I restore changes made in registry and to get into my account?

:)

C-anne, Apr 18, 2021

2. How to restore registry values?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You can perform system restore and check if it helps:

Perform System restore.

I suggest you to perform system restore and select a date prior to the changes which was done with the registry values and check if the issue gets fixed.

To perform System restore:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      System.
    • In the left pane, click on System Protection.
    • Select the option to system restore
      > next. It will show all restore points already created.
    • Select the date prior to the date on which you have made the registry changes.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article
    in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (How to back up and restore the registry in Windows )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Try the above step and let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 18, 2021
  3. zbook Win User
    How to backup and restore registry using only win10 iso command prompt

In a link it suggested several registry troubleshooting steps for a Windows with black screen.

For Windows 10 1909 how do you backup and restore one registry change using a windows 10 iso command prompt?

If more than one registry entry is modified how do you backup and restore a second change?

In addition to modifying one or two commands how do you backup and restore the whole registry when the only access is via a windows 10 iso command prompt?

zbook, Apr 18, 2021
  4. Help! How can I restore changes made in registry and get into my account?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

Help! How can I restore changes made in registry and get into my account?

1. Help! How can I restore changes made in registry and get into my account? - Similar Threads - Help restore changes

2. how can i change my account into an administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i change my account into an administrator account: i know that standard account does not have the family and other user option and i have to sign in to the administrator account but i dont know how it seems that this pc only has one account and its what im using right now. teel me how to sign in to another account here...
  3. how can i change my account into an administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i change my account into an administrator account: i know that standard account does not have the family and other user option and i have to sign in to the administrator account but i dont know how it seems that this pc only has one account and its what im using right now. teel me how to sign in to another account here...
  4. A change in registry editor made my pc slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A change in registry editor made my pc slow?: a while back, My mouse was freezing often. So i was told to change something in registry editor. and after that when i restarted my pc it took 2-3 minutes to restart, and its been doing it ever since. 3 minute startups, 3 minute shutdowns, 3 minute restarts. And now i cannot...
  5. A change in registry editor made my pc slow?

A change in registry editor made my pc slow?: a while back, My mouse was freezing often. So i was told to change something in registry editor. and after that when i restarted my pc it took 2-3 minutes to restart, and its been doing it ever since. 3 minute startups, 3 minute shutdowns, 3 minute restarts. And now i cannot...
  6. A change in registry editor made my pc slow?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. my account is hacked and they changed the email how can i get it back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my account is hacked and they changed the email how can i get it back: it was a russian guy it said in my email when i went back to check my email all the Microsoft emails i got today were gone i think he changed my email someone please help me i got a lot of stuff in my email they were 2 accounts that have been hacked...
  8. my account is hacked and they changed the email how can i get it back

my account is hacked and they changed the email how can i get it back: it was a russian guy it said in my email when i went back to check my email all the Microsoft emails i got today were gone i think he changed my email someone please help me i got a lot of stuff in my email they were 2 accounts that have been hacked...
  9. How can I change restore point in system restore?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I change restore point in system restore?: In system restore I have tried the displayed "automatic restore point" twice with no success. How do I select a different restore point?...
  10. Changes made in Registry, Services or Settings not saving

in Windows 10 Support
    Changes made in Registry, Services or Settings not saving: I'm having some issues making changes in Windows 10 Home, whenever I make a change in services, for example disabling the Windows Update service, I can reboot the device and it has changed back to manual. Same thing happens for the time service, if I change it to automatic...