Windows 10: [Help] How do i open command prompt in recovery mode without a password?

Discus and support [Help] How do i open command prompt in recovery mode without a password? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Found an old laptop somewhere and decided to get it to use. The problem is that i don't know the password. Decided to boot up in recovery mode and run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TroubleMachine, Jun 7, 2020.

1. [Help] How do i open command prompt in recovery mode without a password?

Found an old laptop somewhere and decided to get it to use. The problem is that i don't know the password. Decided to boot up in recovery mode and run the command prompt command so i can reset the password. The only problem is, that i need the password to run it. Not feeling like preforming a factory data reset. Any help?

submitted by /u/TroubleMachine
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TroubleMachine, Jun 7, 2020
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Jun 7, 2020
  3. cwtech Win User

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Caring1 Win User

[Help] How do i open command prompt in recovery mode without a password?

Command prompt is only accessible from the Administrative Profile, this is to prevent general users from accessing and bypassing controls.
    One method is to remove the drive and connect it to another system.

Caring1, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

[Help] How do i open command prompt in recovery mode without a password?

1. [Help] How do i open command prompt in recovery mode without a password? - Similar Threads - Help open command

2. Open encrypted drive without bitlocker with help of command prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open encrypted drive without bitlocker with help of command prompt: 1. Unlock drive in cmd with help of recovery keyif password not working 2. If E drive was encriptedCopy E drive into other drive suppose D with this command in cmdxcopy /h /i /c /k /e /r /y E: D:When copy completed Use this commandmanage-bde -off E:After some time you can...
  3. Open encrypted drive without bitlocker with help of command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open encrypted drive without bitlocker with help of command prompt: 1. Unlock drive in cmd with help of recovery keyif password not working 2. If E drive was encriptedCopy E drive into other drive suppose D with this command in cmdxcopy /h /i /c /k /e /r /y E: D:When copy completed Use this commandmanage-bde -off E:After some time you can...
  4. Open encrypted drive without bitlocker with help of command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I require a password to open command prompt in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I require a password to open command prompt in safe mode?: I have a Legion Y740-17IRH Laptop Lenovo - Type 81UG and I am running Windows 11.When I boot in safe mode and go to advanced options, I can open elevated command prompt and access my local drive. This is a security issue as anyone with physical access to my computer can run...
  6. How do I require a password to open command prompt in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I require a password to open command prompt in safe mode?: I have a Legion Y740-17IRH Laptop Lenovo - Type 81UG and I am running Windows 11.When I boot in safe mode and go to advanced options, I can open elevated command prompt and access my local drive. This is a security issue as anyone with physical access to my computer can run...
  7. How can i open a elevated command propmt from command prompt in recovery mode at boot up screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can i open a elevated command propmt from command prompt in recovery mode at boot up screen: How can i open a elevated command propmt from command prompt in recovery mode at boot up screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-open-a-elevated-command-propmt-from/aebddfc9-ff54-4e1d-9f71-1734774233fb
  8. How do I open the mail app in command prompt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I open the mail app in command prompt: I can't find the file name of the app so is there another way to open the app without using start file name submitted by /u/Darren_wl03 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ens4t1/how_do_i_open_the_mail_app_in_command_prompt/
  9. Reinstall from Recovery Mode's Command Prompt?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall from Recovery Mode's Command Prompt?: So, I've had a problem with booting Windows 10, and I've decided on Reinstalling Windows 10, without losing personal files. The only way that I can do that now is via the Command Prompt in Recovery Mode, but I'm unsure of what commands to type in to do that, as Google isn't...
  10. How do I start Command Prompt in Admin mode?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I start Command Prompt in Admin mode?: My friend told me I have to run sfc /scannow! I can't run it, it keeps saying I don't have enough permission. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-start-command-prompt-in-admin-mode/2c57d8a9-e2d2-440e-a6ee-528cb3a54926