Windows 10: Help: How to create a shared folder between two a local account machine and a MS Account...

Discus and support Help: How to create a shared folder between two a local account machine and a MS Account... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello,I have two computers: one that logs into my MS account, call it machine 'M'. The other machine uses a local account only, call it 'L'.Is there a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JerryLevin1, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Help: How to create a shared folder between two a local account machine and a MS Account...

Hello,I have two computers: one that logs into my MS account, call it machine 'M'. The other machine uses a local account only, call it 'L'.Is there a way to create a folder on M that can be shared out so that L can access it?M is my "master" machine, for all my production work as a photographer.L is my "capture" machine, used in the studio in conjunction with my camera.I want to be able to copy files from L to M during a photoshoot. My only other option is to disconnect the external USB drives on L, plug them into M at a later date and then copy.I recently was forced to reinstall Windows

:)

JerryLevin1, Aug 5, 2022
  2. Kari Win User

Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

Help: How to create a shared folder between two a local account machine and a MS Account... [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

Kari, Aug 5, 2022
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Finally cracked it - Sharing with Ms and Local accounts

Hi there

I'm surprised nobody has posted this solution before -- If you have computers with Local and Ms accounts you will often see the login panel prompting for a user name when trying to access the Shares on the computer with the MS account FROM the one with the local account.

the STUPID thing is that it's not documented at all.

The trick is to use the part of the email address BEFORE the @email (on the Ms account) as the User id and also enter your MS account password for the machine -- works fine.

You can also check - just look in the folder USERS (on the machine with the Ms account) and ensure the name exists.

Finally --what a DOG.

(Note I'm still not sure what to do when trying to connect to a LOCAL machine FROM the Ms Account -- the above solution works for connecting FROM a LOCAL machine TO an Ms account).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 5, 2022
  4. Help: How to create a shared folder between two a local account machine and a MS Account...

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

Help: How to create a shared folder between two a local account machine and a MS Account...

1. Help: How to create a shared folder between two a local account machine and a MS Account... - Similar Threads - Help create shared

2. Help: How to create a shared folder between two a local account machine and a MS Account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help: How to create a shared folder between two a local account machine and a MS Account...: Hello,I have two computers: one that logs into my MS account, call it machine 'M'. The other machine uses a local account only, call it 'L'.Is there a way to create a folder on M that can be shared out so that L can access it?M is my "master" machine, for all my production...
  3. Help: How to create a shared folder between two a local account machine and a MS Account...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help: How to create a shared folder between two a local account machine and a MS Account...: Hello,I have two computers: one that logs into my MS account, call it machine 'M'. The other machine uses a local account only, call it 'L'.Is there a way to create a folder on M that can be shared out so that L can access it?M is my "master" machine, for all my production...
  4. Disable time synchronization between two local accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable time synchronization between two local accounts: Hi all.Initial data: Windows 10 is installed on the laptop with two accounts, one of them is an administrator, the second is a regular user. Both have access.Task: set up the system so that each local user has a different date and time. At the moment, when setting the date on...
  5. Disable time synchronization between two local accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable time synchronization between two local accounts: Hi all.Initial data: Windows 10 is installed on the laptop with two accounts, one of them is an administrator, the second is a regular user. Both have access.Task: set up the system so that each local user has a different date and time. At the moment, when setting the date on...
  6. Disable time synchronization between two local accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Login account information in between Local, MS account and domain

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login account information in between Local, MS account and domain: Hi there,I have a windows 10 computer and the initial account is a local account.I signed in with my personal Microsoft accountshows in Settings->accounts and the computer account joined my company domain.Currently, my login is still the local profile and local password...
  8. Creating a MS account without losing Local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creating a MS account without losing Local account: Currently I an running with a local account but I want to create a MS account ONLY to save my BitLocker recovery keys online in case my USB gets stolen along with my laptop in which my keys are saved to a USB. My USB is kept near my computer which doesn't make sense anyways....
  9. Share via workgroup between local and MS account on two PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share via workgroup between local and MS account on two PCs: I can't access my laptop which is using a Microsoft account from my Desktop using a local account. Both running Windows 10 Pro X64. I'm using workgroup, not homegroup. I know I've read of people making this work but I'm not having any luck finding those threads now so...
  10. Finally cracked it - Sharing with Ms and Local accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Finally cracked it - Sharing with Ms and Local accounts: Hi there I'm surprised nobody has posted this solution before -- If you have computers with Local and Ms accounts you will often see the login panel prompting for a user name when trying to access the Shares on the computer with the MS account FROM the one with the local...