Windows 10: (Help!) How to launch a game in Window mode?

Discus and support (Help!) How to launch a game in Window mode? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So for the very long time I've been playing games in border-less window mode thanks to my computer constantly getting BSOD whenever launching any title... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_Seymaple_, Dec 24, 2020.

1. (Help!) How to launch a game in Window mode?

So for the very long time I've been playing games in border-less window mode thanks to my computer constantly getting BSOD whenever launching any title except CS:GO(got around this by setting the games to launch in Border less windowed in geforce experience). And Now I have two new games that I don't have the ability to change in geforce experience, any thoughts on how I can force games to launch in window or border less window mode?

(seems a bunch of methods online were only for windows 7/vista so I'm trying here)

or even fix the BSOD lol so i can play fullscreen, I sort of gave up for a while trying to fix that after doing so many different tutorials, updates, different drivers, hardware changes, etc.

specs(if it matters):

ryzen 2700x

rtx 2070 (also tried on my gtx 1060)

32gb ram

submitted by /u/_Seymaple_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_Seymaple_, Dec 24, 2020
  2. xBruce88x Win User

Steam games in windowed mode?

right click the game and go to properties, then click "set launch options"

then you can enter the arguments for windowed mode, usually -w or something like that. you can find these probably by right clicking on the game in the list and go to "view forum"

probably not alt-tab since that's for switching programs

xBruce88x, Dec 24, 2020
  3. Compatibility mode changes needs to be made every time before launching the game

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to launching the game Don’t Starve in compatibility mode.

As per the game system requirements the game is only compatible with Windows 8 and Windows 7, and that might be the reason you are facing issues while launching the game normally.

I truly appreciate your efforts in trying to launch the game in compatibility mode. However, your query related to making the changes every time you launch the game, I would suggest you to change the compatibility manually for all
    the users and see if the settings remain.

Kindly follow the steps below to make the changes manually.

1. Press Windows +
      E to launch File Explorer.
    2. On the right hand pane click on
      This PC.
    3. Now navigate to the location where the game is installed.
    4. Right click on the .exe file of the game and click on
      Properties.
    5. Select the Compatibility tab, and click on
      Change settings for all
      users.
    6. Now check the box next to
      Run
      this program in
      compatibility
      mode for:
    7. Click on the Drop
      down and select Windows 8.
    8. Now click on Apply and
      OK.

After changing the settings launch the game once again and check.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 24, 2020
  4. (Help!) How to launch a game in Window mode?

Launching games

Hi Wesley,

Windows 10 is gamer-friendly by design. If an issue like being unable to launch a game happens, it can be caused by outdated display driver or other factors that cause conflict when launching the app. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask for additional
    information. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting an error message when launching the game?
    • Have you made any changes to the settings or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What specific games are you having issues with?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

(Help!) How to launch a game in Window mode?

1. (Help!) How to launch a game in Window mode? - Similar Threads - Help launch game

2. Help Xbox Game launch error 0xc0000005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Xbox Game launch error 0xc0000005: I'm desperate I tried every guide and every command prompt. I purchased my legion go and as my first game I downloaded Sea of thieves. After the update every time I start it shows me the codeI'm desperate I tried every guide and every command prompt. I purchased my legion go...
  3. Windowed mode for games, help, ayuda

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windowed mode for games, help, ayuda: Encontré que agregando los comandos «-w», «-window», «-windowmode» al acceso directo del juego se abre en modo ventana, mi cuestión es que de donde sale esto, quisiera saber que otros comandos existen, leer o aprender del tema...
  4. Windowed mode for games, help, ayuda

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windowed mode for games, help, ayuda: Encontré que agregando los comandos «-w», «-window», «-windowmode» al acceso directo del juego se abre en modo ventana, mi cuestión es que de donde sale esto, quisiera saber que otros comandos existen, leer o aprender del tema...
  5. I need a little help with launching a game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need a little help with launching a game: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BrettRyder100 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tpysb6/i_need_a_little_help_with_launching_a_game/
  6. Windows 10 Microsoft Store games not launching HELP

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Microsoft Store games not launching HELP: I have been digging for a solution to my problem for a while but with no avail. It started off with when I got Minecraft Windows 10 version, it initially started up fine and was able to cross-play with my friends. After some time the game will crash in game, but nothing too...
  7. Help with a game crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with a game crashing on launch: Recently Left 4 Dead 2 and Payday 2 has for some reason kept crashing on launch. I found MDMP files in the folder and put it in WinDbg debugging software. I didn't find quite much about this in the internet so in case someone would know about these things it would be great so...
  8. how to launch clipboard in tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to launch clipboard in tablet mode?: how to launch clipboard in tablet mode? Tablet Mode keyboard does not have a win key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-launch-clipboard-in-tablet-mode/d123e061-b89e-472d-8125-3659908fc012
  9. Help Launching a game from the microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Help Launching a game from the microsoft store: Hi, I've just installed sea of theives from the microsoft store online, and its finished completely installed all 43gb. However, everytime i try and open it, it just opens the screen and immediately closes again without delay. If i spam click it, it opens for slightly...
  10. A game launches successfully in Safe Mode, but doesn't launch in Normal Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A game launches successfully in Safe Mode, but doesn't launch in Normal Mode: I have Rocket League installed on my Windows PC. Recently after some changes and/or updates in my system, I'm not able to launch the game. Once double-clicking the game icon, it shows Preparing to Launch and then closes (crashes?) and nothing else happens....