Windows 10: [Help]How to Prevent Monitor Auto Detection on Win10(MultiMonitor)

Discus and support [Help]How to Prevent Monitor Auto Detection on Win10(MultiMonitor) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/atarraxia [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ew8fmv/helphow_to_prevent_monitor_auto_detection_on/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/atarraxia, Jan 30, 2020.

1. [Help]How to Prevent Monitor Auto Detection on Win10(MultiMonitor)

/u/atarraxia, Jan 30, 2020
  2. MartinRJ Win User

Prevent Auto Monitor Detection

Sadly this doesn't work for me.

I changed the value of "UselViewHelper" to 0 and rebooted, but Windows 10 still auto-detected the monitors.

MartinRJ, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would suggest you to disable Transient Multimon Manager (TMM) in the Registry of Windows 10 and check if it helps. To locate this you can follow the below path.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TMM

Follow the below steps and check if you can disable Automatic Monitor Detection.

1) Press the Windows + R button to get the Command prompt.

2) Type regedit then press Enter

3) Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TMM

4) Look for the value "UseIViewHelper" and change it to 0 or if you don't have that key then simply right click in the TMM sub key and create a new DWORD giving it the name
    UseIViewHelper then set its value to 0

Note: To re-enable Automatic Monitor Detection, simply go back to the same reg key and change the value of
    "UseIViewHelper" to 1

Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/en-us

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank You.

Arul_D, Jan 30, 2020
  4. HF_Evans Win User

[Help]How to Prevent Monitor Auto Detection on Win10(MultiMonitor)

Good news!

I have managed to resolve this issue myself with both of the following fixes/work around's;

1. Use my Macbook plugged into multiple monitors and run a Windows VM... (Yes this is actually more useful than MS' response)

2. Buy an Nvidia graphics card and make some slight adjustments, which is turn disables the auto detect feature on the card.

Unfortunately, still no look with finding a fix for AMD cards.

HF_Evans, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

[Help]How to Prevent Monitor Auto Detection on Win10(MultiMonitor)

1. [Help]How to Prevent Monitor Auto Detection on Win10(MultiMonitor) - Similar Threads - Help Prevent Monitor

2. Sequrity Update prevents my external monitor to be detected?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sequrity Update prevents my external monitor to be detected?: Hi,Problemas seen here and here, too, my external screens stopped working due to - the assumption seems warranted - a recent windows update. My external screens are also connected through HDMI and a docking station, which works fine with any other tool I use on it. Screens...
  3. Sequrity Update prevents my external monitor to be detected?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sequrity Update prevents my external monitor to be detected?: Hi,Problemas seen here and here, too, my external screens stopped working due to - the assumption seems warranted - a recent windows update. My external screens are also connected through HDMI and a docking station, which works fine with any other tool I use on it. Screens...
  4. Disabling monitor auto detection in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling monitor auto detection in windows 10: So the previous thread for this was disabled, with the last update being in 2019... but it's STILL an issue in 2021?! There still doesn't seem to be a way to disable TMM?Whenever my PC goes to sleep, or locks, it moves EVERYTHING to one of the screens, in addition to that, my...
  5. How to turn off monitor auto detection?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn off monitor auto detection?: As in, when turning a monitor off, the computer doesn't automatically notice that and change things. submitted by /u/lemonvan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jxlrff/how_to_turn_off_monitor_auto_detection/
  6. Disable Monitor Auto Detect

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable Monitor Auto Detect: Hello Microsoft. A few days ago, I bought a new desktop. The PC is from HP, the video card is a GeForce RTX 2060 and both monitors are Samsung CJG52. The main monitor is connected by the DisplayPort input and the second monitor is connected by the HDMI input. The problem is...
  7. win10 update 1903 not detecting monitor on boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 update 1903 not detecting monitor on boot: win10 update 1903 not detecting HDMI monitor on boot. I cant do anything else because my monitor is not working so cant enter the system for this reason. I tried to remove battery from MB for 45 minutes and its still not working. Any suggestion would be helpful....
  8. Disabling monitor auto detection on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling monitor auto detection on windows 10: I use 3 monitors right now. 2 of them are working great but the main one is having a problem. when I turn off my primary monitor (Dell s2716dg) the pc does not recognize the monitor and all my desktop is messed up. I found people are talking about disabling the monitor auto...
  9. Is it possible to prevent windows from auto detecting second monitor!?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is it possible to prevent windows from auto detecting second monitor!?: I was wondering if there is any way to prevent windows to automatically detect a second monitor attached. In my case it's a TV and whenever I turn my TV on the PC display goes out for a second and comes back setting itself to Dual or extended mode. I would love to prevent...
  10. How to auto-detect and auto-adjust max.resolution?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to auto-detect and auto-adjust max.resolution?: Assume I boot Win10 from an USB flash drive on various computers. The max possible resolution differs from computer to computer. I could always manually fiddle through the menus and set the current max.possible resolution manually. But this is uncomfortable. Is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 disable tmm

2. windows 10 transient multimon

3. windows 10 disable transient multimon manager

4. diabale multi monitor in windows10