Windows 10: HELP i accidently clicked on an ad

Discus and support HELP i accidently clicked on an ad in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Split from this thread. HELP i accidently clicked on an ad probably and i got this screen that came up and a voice that said i needed to take... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CET66, Jul 26, 2019.

1. CET66 Win User

HELP i accidently clicked on an ad

Split from this thread.​

HELP i accidently clicked on an ad probably and i got this screen that came up and a voice that said i needed to take immediate action that my account was in jeopardy and to call the number in the screen. Mind you i couldn’t do anything on my screen. In hesitation i called the number and she had me do some things and then took control of my computer. She said there were alot of foreign networks trying to hack my info. I gotten pannicked and was trying to exit out of stuff after she told me it would cost 199 i tld her to give me back control of my computer and i shut it off. Was this a scam?!

:)

CET66, Jul 26, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 26, 2019
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jul 26, 2019
  4. HELP i accidently clicked on an ad

Accidently clicked X on Windows 10 Update

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern with upgrading to Windows 10. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try to check updates to be installed in Windows Update and search if you find any Windows 10 update. If you are unable to find any updates, I suggest you to try running Windows Update troubleshooter and check if it works.
    Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key and click on search icon.
    • Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.
    • Select Troubleshooting. Click on view all and select
      Windows Update and follow the on-screen instructions.

Install the Windows 10 related update to upgrade your windows. I suggest you to refer the section
    Upgrading to Windows 10 in the below given link for more information:

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...ree-upgrade-available-in-190-countries-today/

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

HELP i accidently clicked on an ad

1. HELP i accidently clicked on an ad - Similar Threads - HELP accidently clicked

2. Help! I accidently deleted everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! I accidently deleted everything: I accidently deleted something in Registry Editor and now everything's gone. I restarted my pc and my window button is gone and I cannot open the setting at all.The only thing I could open is Microsoft Edge but I can't open anything since I cannot connect to a WiFi my WiFi...
  3. Help! I accidently deleted everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! I accidently deleted everything: I accidently deleted something in Registry Editor and now everything's gone. I restarted my pc and my window button is gone and I cannot open the setting at all.The only thing I could open is Microsoft Edge but I can't open anything since I cannot connect to a WiFi my WiFi...
  4. reset to new by accident help!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    reset to new by accident help!!: I accidently reset my computer to when it was new and lost all my important information , please anyone how do i go back to 2 days ago, help please !!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-to-new-by-accident-help/21c11d30-79ae-48ea-b2e1-acb133a16fdf
  5. reset to new by accident help!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reset to new by accident help!!: I accidently reset my computer to when it was new and lost all my important information , please anyone how do i go back to 2 days ago, help please !!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-to-new-by-accident-help/21c11d30-79ae-48ea-b2e1-acb133a16fdf
  6. reset to new by accident help!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I accidently clicked on a spam email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I accidently clicked on a spam email: when i was using my phone, i accidently clicked on the spam category in gmail. then clicked on an email. it had inappriopate **** and the encryption is insanely insecure gmail says. i didnt click on anything when i was viewing itit is like someone sent you a virus link but...
  8. System is adding Russian keyboard accidently

in Windows 10 Customization
    System is adding Russian keyboard accidently: Dears, can you please help me with this issue? System is adding Russian keyboard layout accidently, To remove this layout, I have to add Russian, then remove. But anyway, after a few time, I have Russian layout installed again. Kind Regards, Giorgi....
  9. accidently connected mic as a speaker, and clicked dont show again HELP!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    accidently connected mic as a speaker, and clicked dont show again HELP!: Ok so I have a desktop microphone and it works fine, but 1 day I used an audio spliter connected mic (thinking I connected headphones) and I clicked do not show again. Now I can't use my microphone. Any reply will be really appreciated. (: What I use: "Realtek HD audio...
  10. accidently connected mic as a speaker, and clicked dont show again HELP!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    accidently connected mic as a speaker, and clicked dont show again HELP!: Ok so I have a desktop microphone and it works fine, but 1 day I used an audio spliter connected mic (thinking I connected headphones) and I clicked do not show again. Now I can't use my microphone. Any reply will be really appreciated. (: What I use: "Realtek HD audio...