Windows 10: [Help] I am using a loaner laptop from my college, should I take any security/privacy...

Discus and support [Help] I am using a loaner laptop from my college, should I take any security/privacy... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Because all my classes shifted online my school gave out laptops for us to use if we wanted. I will use it primarily for classwork and I'll try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FailedPreMedStudent, Apr 20, 2020.

1. [Help] I am using a loaner laptop from my college, should I take any security/privacy...

Because all my classes shifted online my school gave out laptops for us to use if we wanted. I will use it primarily for classwork and I'll try to avoid using it for personal stuff like paying online bills.

Are there anything I can do to protect my privacy?

I uninstalled a bunch of bloatware though nothing seems to be installed from the school. Laptop itself looks brand new, I don't think it was used before but the box was open which I assume was to get the serial #.

Some programs I have installed myself are

• Malwarebytes Windows Firewall Control (I like that I get popups whenever there is an outgoing connection).
    • Malwarebytes Premium
    • OOSU10 (using the recommended settings)
    • Superantispyware
    • Spybot
    submitted by /u/FailedPreMedStudent
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FailedPreMedStudent, Apr 20, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Looking to secure my privacy

Data security is an illusion. If someone wants your information bad enough they will get it.
    I suggest you just enjoy your life and don't worry about it.

Kreij, Apr 20, 2020
  3. EJazwa Win User
    Personal image as desktop on personal pc shows when I log into a loaner pc

I have a personal picture that is my desktop on my personal laptop. I logged into a loaner laptop and my personal image is now on the loaner. Why is this? Will it be deleted when I log off?

EJazwa, Apr 20, 2020
  4. GSquadron Win User

[Help] I am using a loaner laptop from my college, should I take any security/privacy...

GSquadron, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

[Help] I am using a loaner laptop from my college, should I take any security/privacy...

1. [Help] I am using a loaner laptop from my college, should I take any security/privacy... - Similar Threads - Help using loaner

2. Why am i unable to open my Privacy & Security settings in windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am i unable to open my Privacy & Security settings in windows11: For several weeks now i have been unable to open my Privacy & Security menu, every time i attempt this task i get a white screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-unable-to-open-my-privacy-security/1b4a0b76-9832-45ad-af42-5b43e84a6452
  3. Why am i unable to open my Privacy & Security settings in windows11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am i unable to open my Privacy & Security settings in windows11: For several weeks now i have been unable to open my Privacy & Security menu, every time i attempt this task i get a white screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-unable-to-open-my-privacy-security/1b4a0b76-9832-45ad-af42-5b43e84a6452
  4. Why am i unable to open my Privacy & Security settings in windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am i unable to open my Privacy & Security settings in windows11: In my setting menu i am unable to open Privacy & Security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-unable-to-open-my-privacy-security/6ca10f88-08e6-4871-8650-f473953f0136
  5. Why am i unable to open my Privacy & Security settings in windows11

Why am i unable to open my Privacy & Security settings in windows11: In my setting menu i am unable to open Privacy & Security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-unable-to-open-my-privacy-security/6ca10f88-08e6-4871-8650-f473953f0136
  6. I am not able to add my college account into my laptop it shows an error message . It...

I am not able to add my college account into my laptop it shows an error message . It...: It shows an error of we weren't able to register your device and add your account to windows . Your access to org resources may be limited.error code CAA50024correlation ID:c2b233ed-7447-4e2d-83ed-83aabcf9a189My other friends are able to add their account....
  7. I am not able to use my Windows Security?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am not able to use my Windows Security?: It says Window Security Services cannot be started. I have tried doing sfc /scannow but it did not help and I have also done the Microsoft Security service app to scan my laptop but still the issue persists....
  8. Should I use my laptop plugged in or in battery power when I am home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I use my laptop plugged in or in battery power when I am home?: My laptop has the health charching feature so what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-use-my-laptop-plugged-in-or-in-battery/62614b5d-0d32-4a83-a4da-ac74b8f6a8bf
  9. Should I use my laptop plugged in or in battery power when I am home?

Should I use my laptop plugged in or in battery power when I am home?: My laptop has the health charching feature so what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-use-my-laptop-plugged-in-or-in-battery/62614b5d-0d32-4a83-a4da-ac74b8f6a8bf
  10. Should I take the battery out of my dead laptops?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Should I take the battery out of my dead laptops?: Hello everyone :D I have two laptops that one, barely work and I don't use anymore, and two, is completely dead. One is a Chromebook and the other is a Windows. I'm just wondering if I should attempt to remove the battery in them just in case of a fire hazard? Or is that...