Windows 10: Help! I booted up my laptop to find a black screen and can only move my cursor. no keyboard...

Discus and support Help! I booted up my laptop to find a black screen and can only move my cursor. no keyboard... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Personal-Cattle-313 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Personal-Cattle-313, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Help! I booted up my laptop to find a black screen and can only move my cursor. no keyboard...

/u/Personal-Cattle-313, Mar 24, 2021
  2. Nobobby Win User

Black Screen solveed definitively

I have this same issue. Windows 10 was installed and was working fine on my laptop and then one day, black screen without a cursor or anything. I can only power the unit off and on, but with nothing other than a black screen I can't do anything. Tried the "ctrl-password" step but nothing. Nothing on the keyboard has any effect, I can only do a hard power off/on.

The only thing I can think of, all had been working fine when my battery died. My laptop automatically shut down and went to blank (not black) screen. I plugged it in for a while to charge but ever since then, I can power on, I hear the harddrive spin and the fan comes on, but I never get anything other than a black screen. Did your problem start after a power issue?

Nobobby, Mar 24, 2021
  3. essenbe Win User
    Black screen with cursor

When you boot into windows and get the black screen with cursor, see if this will enable you to get in

At the black screen, press the Ctrl key once on an attached physical keyboard. (You won’t see any visible change, but pressing the Ctrl key will place the cursor in the password box that you’re currently not able to see.)

Now type the password of the user that just signed out and press Enter.This will sign you back into Windows and the desktop will appear.

If you failed to sign in because you mistyped the password, press Enter once more. Then retype the password and press Enter." ...

If you can get in and see, see if this helps

hmDmaKLbi4Y

essenbe, Mar 24, 2021
  4. drreflex Win User

Help! I booted up my laptop to find a black screen and can only move my cursor. no keyboard...

Black Screen With Cursor PLEASE HELP

THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN AN ONGOING ISSUE WITH WINDOWS 10.

Below is a Microsoft Knoledge Base entry from April of this year.

httpw://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3055414

"The lock screen in Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10061 might appear as a black screen with a mouse cursor
    Symptoms

When you sign out of Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10061 and return to the lock screen, you might see only a black screen with a responsive mouse cursor. Pressing the Alt+Tab keys or the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys has no visible effect.
    Workaround

If you are experiencing this issue, follow these steps to sign into Windows:

At the black screen, press the Ctrl key once on an attached physical keyboard. (You won’t see any visible change, but pressing the Ctrl key will place the cursor in the password box that you’re currently not able to see.)

Now type the password of the user that just signed out and press Enter.This will sign you back into Windows and the desktop will appear.

If you failed to sign in because you mistyped the password, press Enter once more. Then retype the password and press Enter." ...

PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU ARE INSTALLING WINDOWS 10. AFTER ENTERING YOUR PASSWORD, THE CURSOR SHOULD VANISH FOR SEVERAL MINUTES WHILE WINDOWS COMPLETES THE INSTALL SETUP. MY COMPUTER, A FAST ALIENWARE, TOOK ABOUT FIVE MINUTES TO COMPLETE THE SETUP AND THEN THE WINDOWS 10 DESKTOP APPEARED.

drreflex, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

Help! I booted up my laptop to find a black screen and can only move my cursor. no keyboard...

1. Help! I booted up my laptop to find a black screen and can only move my cursor. no keyboard... - Similar Threads - Help booted laptop

2. as my move my cursor up the second screen it goes black up behind the cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    as my move my cursor up the second screen it goes black up behind the cursor: on my second display as i move my cursor up the screen it goes black below the cursor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/as-my-move-my-cursor-up-the-second-screen-it-goes/d4f685bb-6a05-45e7-a0a0-db86a3a3c69b
  3. as my move my cursor up the second screen it goes black up behind the cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    as my move my cursor up the second screen it goes black up behind the cursor: on my second display as i move my cursor up the screen it goes black below the cursor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/as-my-move-my-cursor-up-the-second-screen-it-goes/d4f685bb-6a05-45e7-a0a0-db86a3a3c69b
  4. I need help with my laptop, black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with my laptop, black screen with cursor: So, today I tried to open my laptop. I opened it and wanted to open Steam to play something, but it doesnt work. After 1 minute, where I could just move the cursor, my laptop got a black screen with cursor. Nothing works, I searched youtube, google, and doesnt work. Not even...
  5. I need help with my laptop, black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with my laptop, black screen with cursor: So, today I tried to open my laptop. I opened it and wanted to open Steam to play something, but it doesnt work. After 1 minute, where I could just move the cursor, my laptop got a black screen with cursor. Nothing works, I searched youtube, google, and doesnt work. Not even...
  6. My laptop screen is not showing anything it is black and only the cursor is showing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop screen is not showing anything it is black and only the cursor is showing.: Only the cursor moves and the whole sceen is blackhow to fix this problem need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-screen-is-not-showing-anything-it-is/602b6b21-7788-48c5-92bb-5cf5db822a26
  7. Can anyone help with my computer boots up to a black screen with only cursor CTRL+ALT+DEL...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can anyone help with my computer boots up to a black screen with only cursor CTRL+ALT+DEL...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/thehalodan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ldircp/can_anyone_help_with_my_computer_boots_up_to_a/
  8. Help my laptop is on black screen with no cursor

Help my laptop is on black screen with no cursor: This started when I clicked go back to previous build. And after it boots into windows but it's just a black screen with no cursor. But when I connect a usb. The notification sound can be heard. Can anyone help submitted by /u/ThisIsSparta__300 [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows only has black screen/ can move cursor PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows only has black screen/ can move cursor PLEASE HELP: My laptop lenovo has been in a constant cycle of only displaying a black screen where i can move the cursor around. I have tried so many different solutions and nothing has worked. A few times, the error 'sihost.exe- System Warning: Uknown Hard Error' has popped up. I can run...
  10. My PC boots to this black screen with cursor.

My PC boots to this black screen with cursor.: I need help, what do I do, I just booted up my PC, it runs Windows 10, and after the HP logo goes away, the lock screen doesn't appear, instead it's a black screen, I can move my cursor around, but that's it, can't do anything, Is this a fix for this issue without...