Windows 10: HELP! I can no longer use ethernet after messing with the console/ (cmd)

Discus and support HELP! I can no longer use ethernet after messing with the console/ (cmd) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I ran a netsh -c interface ipv4 add neighbors, plugged in my internet name, my MAC address and my ip to see if I could get around an ethernet blocker.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xawesomebro28, Nov 26, 2020.

1. HELP! I can no longer use ethernet after messing with the console/ (cmd)

I ran a netsh -c interface ipv4 add neighbors, plugged in my internet name, my MAC address and my ip to see if I could get around an ethernet blocker. My ethernet no longer works and I can only use wireless.

submitted by /u/xawesomebro28
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xawesomebro28, Nov 26, 2020

2. Xbox one Ethernet problem

Hi,

Incorrect network configuration is one of the possible reasons why your console is unable to connect to the Internet. To help you resolve this concern, we need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Were you able to connect the Internet before?
    • Have you tried using different Ethernet cable?
    • When did the issue start?

In the meantime, we recommend that you perform the steps below:

Step 1: Reset Xbox One into factory defaults.

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Select Settings.
    • Select All Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Console info & updates.
    • Select Reset console.
    • On the Reset your console,
      choose Reset and keep my games & apps.

After performing the steps above, kindly try to connect the Ethernet cable again and check if the issue persists.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Nov 26, 2020
  3. My reliable ethernet connection no longer works

Hi Marcia,

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

• After restarting is your computer in normal mode or not?
    • Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to reset the modem\ router and check if the Ethernet connection works or not.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Nov 26, 2020
  4. HELP! I can no longer use ethernet after messing with the console/ (cmd)

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

HELP! I can no longer use ethernet after messing with the console/ (cmd)

1. HELP! I can no longer use ethernet after messing with the console/ (cmd) - Similar Threads - HELP longer ethernet

2. I can no longer connect to a wifi network since I used an ethernet cable to connect to the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can no longer connect to a wifi network since I used an ethernet cable to connect to the...: I have just changed wifi provider 1 month ago with the old internet provider I use an ethernet cable connected to a router to use the wifi network and everything works fine but with the new internet provider I no longer use an ethernet cable I use a network wirelessly the...
  3. I can no longer connect to a wifi network since I used an ethernet cable to connect to the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can no longer connect to a wifi network since I used an ethernet cable to connect to the...: I have just changed wifi provider 1 month ago with the old internet provider I use an ethernet cable connected to a router to use the wifi network and everything works fine but with the new internet provider I no longer use an ethernet cable I use a network wirelessly the...
  4. My sound is no longer working after I messed with something

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My sound is no longer working after I messed with something: I was trying to stop my active hard disk from always showing 100%. I tried using command prompt to stop "sysmain" and that didn't work, then I used regedit to make an adjustment to "StorAHCI.sys" driver and it fixed the issue. Problem is, after restarting, in noticed my sound...
  5. My sound is no longer working after I messed with something

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My sound is no longer working after I messed with something: I was trying to stop my active hard disk from always showing 100%. I tried using command prompt to stop "sysmain" and that didn't work, then I used regedit to make an adjustment to "StorAHCI.sys" driver and it fixed the issue. Problem is, after restarting, in noticed my sound...
  6. I can no longer see the Mac on my Ethernet network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can no longer see the Mac on my Ethernet network: I have/had a HomeGroup on my Ethernet network with an iMac and Windows 10 computer. I can no longer see the iMac when I click Network in the File Explorer. No doubt some setting needs to be changed. What is interesting is that one of my Windows 10 backups goes to a HD...
  7. Audio Console no longer accessible?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Console no longer accessible?: Hello, community! I have installed a new update for Windows today. Now I have the following problem: The audio panel for my Conexant SmartAudio HD driver is no longer accessible or even findable. I need this panel to control my headset. I have made no changes to my system...
  8. Help, I can no longer take screenshots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help, I can no longer take screenshots: The fn + windows + print screen shortcut was working perfectly fine earlier today, but for some reason it no longer takes screenshots. The darken screen effect no longer comes and I've checked the screenshots folder, but nothing new. Can anybody help me with this? Im running...
  9. Realtek Audio Console messing with headphone connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio Console messing with headphone connection: Hi all, I bought my Acer Aspire 5 laptop in September for school, and it came pre-loaded with the Realtek audio console. Normally when I plug in my earbuds, a popup tells me to confirm what device was plugged in Headphones, mic in, line in. Once you confirm the device it...
  10. I messed up my ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I messed up my ethernet: When i came home from school i noticed that my internet is displaying yellow notification(i am using windows 10) i know that it is something not good and i need finish something in school and i badly need my internet...(i didnt know that my isp is working on something so...