Windows 10: Help, I cannot download a game i bought on the store because my sync settings cannot find...

Discus and support Help, I cannot download a game i bought on the store because my sync settings cannot find... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, So i bought "The outer worlds" on the windows store last week and i noticed i could not pre-load it on my pc because my sync settings could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Yuki Ika78, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Help, I cannot download a game i bought on the store because my sync settings cannot find...

Hello,

So i bought "The outer worlds" on the windows store last week and i noticed i could not pre-load it on my pc because my sync settings could not pick up my computer even though i checked on my microsoft account in google chrome and my pc was there on the my connected devices page. i then waited a few days and checked 3 times a day to see if my pc could find it's sync with my microsoft pc's signature (i am not sure how to word it there, sorry) but it did not show up and i was hoping it was just because the game had not launched yet so when the launch day came (or well it became available for most people on pc to play the previous night but i was asleep then) i hoped it would work but to no avail. I have tried just about every "fix" i can find on the internet to get my sync settings working without messing up my computer and/or Microsoft account to no luck and checked more than 3 times a day up until today (and until it works). when i ran that one offical microsoft accounts troubleshooter it detected "Can't connect to the sync service" and "Rootcauses found and created logs" and from all the other "fixes" no one has found a solution for what is happening for my pc so far. From what i found, windows users have had this problem since 2015 and i found no one found a fix but one user claimed it just randomly started working again later on, so that is my only hope i have at this point. I will take my pc to the geek squad when this semester ends (i need it for the visual basic class i am taking at the moment) so hopefully that will yield something. I am curious if anyone here have found fixes that might work on my computer for this issue, so if you have any thoughts here let me know.

-Yuki

p.s. i know this is also available on the epic games store i just refuse to use them for their scummy tactics, poor service and bad ui.

:)

Yuki Ika78, Oct 27, 2019
  2. Gino Des Win User

can't download games from store

Hi Krishna,

You might be experiencing this issue because of a connectivity issue or the Microsoft Store cache is corrupted. In order to diagnose the problem, we suggest that you try the following methods:

Method 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This troubleshooter fixes problems that may prevent apps and games from downloading and installing correctly. To run the troubleshooter, kindly refer to the following article:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: Manually reset the Windows Store app cache then try to download games again. To manually reset, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Command Prompt, and right-click Command Prompt
      from the results.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type wsreset, and press Enter.

We also recommend that you download and install any pending updates that need to be installed on the computer through

Windows Update
    and check if it helps resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, kindly send us a reply with the following information so we can further pinpoint the cause of this issue:

• Do you only experience this issue when downloading a specific game from Microsoft Store? If yes, what is the name of the specific game you are trying to download?
    • Have you tried downloading the game by accessing
      Microsoft Store using your web browser
      ?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Gino Des, Oct 27, 2019
  3. not able to download games from store

Hi,

There are several possible reasons as to why you're encountering issues with downloading games from the Windows Store. Here's a list of the common factors:

• Your account may be restricted from downloading games that are inappropriate for your age.
    • Games you're trying to download are not available in your current region.
    • Corrupted app data
    • An outdated Windows 10 OS

For us to determine the root cause of this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Are you using an adult or a child account?
    • Is the Microsoft account you're using in the Windows Store app the same as your Windows 10 user account?
    • Are you using an administrator user account?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Windows apps troubleshooter provided on this

link
    . This can help resolve issues with downloading and installing games from the Windows Store.

Catherine Cus., Oct 27, 2019
  4. Help, I cannot download a game i bought on the store because my sync settings cannot find...

Windows Store Games

Hi,

A corrupted profile data associated with the game and availability of updates for the game are two of the primary factors that we have to take into consideration when troubleshooting performance and stability issues with games on Windows 10. Here are the
    troubleshooting solutions that you may perform to resolve this concern:

Solution 1: Run troubleshooter

The Windows apps troubleshooter can help resolve issues with apps and games downloaded from the Windows Store. In addition, we also suggest running the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter to help diagnose and resolve compatibility issues encountered when
    running games on Windows 10. Refer to the following links for the steps:

Solution 2: Check for game update

If you've downloaded the games from the Windows Store, you may manually search if there are updates available for the games. As for the steps, see

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Solution 3: Reset the game from the Settings menu

Resetting the game from the Settings menu can help restore corrupted game installation files.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your device so that the changes can take effect. Launch the game and check if you'll encounter the same issue.​​
    Let us know it goes after performing these troubleshooting solutions.

Catherine Cus., Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Help, I cannot download a game i bought on the store because my sync settings cannot find...

1. Help, I cannot download a game i bought on the store because my sync settings cannot find... - Similar Threads - Help cannot download

2. I cannot download a game on Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot download a game on Microsoft store.: I cannot download a game on Microsoft store but when I click the install button nothing happens. I've reset the cache by holding windows key + R to open the run prompt followed by typing "wsreset.exe" to reset the cache. that did not work. I also tried troubleshooting...
  3. I cannot download a game on Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot download a game on Microsoft store.: I cannot download a game on Microsoft store but when I click the install button nothing happens. I've reset the cache by holding windows key + R to open the run prompt followed by typing "wsreset.exe" to reset the cache. that did not work. I also tried troubleshooting...
  4. Cannot Download freshly bought game...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot Download freshly bought game...: Hi there!I recently bought MS Flight Simulator and activated it on the Microsoft Store. However, when I press "Install" it disappears for a second and then reappears again. No error, no alert, no nothing. Help would be appreciated. And don't post these copy-paste "answers",...
  5. Cannot Download freshly bought game...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Download freshly bought game...: Hi there!I recently bought MS Flight Simulator and activated it on the Microsoft Store. However, when I press "Install" it disappears for a second and then reappears again. No error, no alert, no nothing. Help would be appreciated. And don't post these copy-paste "answers",...
  6. Cannot Download freshly bought game...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I have bought minecraft and cannot download it on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have bought minecraft and cannot download it on my computer.: Hi. Im rebeca. I bought minecraft java edition from the windows store, but when I try to download it it says I dont have any valid devices. I have logged in with my microsoft account on my computer, I have logged into the microsoft store.I have tried every single fix...
  8. bought game from store, cannot get microsoft to help with error in download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bought game from store, cannot get microsoft to help with error in download: my wife bought me a game from the microsoft store, and when I tried to download it to my pc, it keeps giving me an error code, and I cannot seem to find anyone at microsoft to help me. I am sure a more computer savy person might know what the problem is, but if microsoft...
  9. I reset my computer and now cannot find movies I bought

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I reset my computer and now cannot find movies I bought: I reset my computer and now cannot find movies I bought https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies/cfb83816-d312-4514-8307-06f187b8a7cf
  10. I cannot find settings for the touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot find settings for the touchpad: I’m a user of MS Surface Pro, Bluetooth keyboard with touchpad. But I cannot find settings for the touchpad nowhere, neither in the Device Manager nor in Settings, Bluetooth and Other Devices. Could you help me to find them?...