Windows 10: Help, I cannot log back into my main profile and stuck in a "temporary profile".

Discus and support Help, I cannot log back into my main profile and stuck in a "temporary profile". in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I recently ran into what I thought would be a small issue that I could troubleshoot and fix myself. I turned on my PC this morning and it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Christopher Palacios, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Help, I cannot log back into my main profile and stuck in a "temporary profile".

Hello, I recently ran into what I thought would be a small issue that I could troubleshoot and fix myself. I turned on my PC this morning and it was all fine until it randomly shut down. This has been occurring a lot lately and thought it was a hardware issue which I decided to ignore until I can get the computer components I ordered. Usually I'm able to log back in and use the PC as normal, but this time it wasn't the case. When I logged back in my "main profile", all my files appeared to be gone and the way I customized my desktop went back to a "default-themed" desktop. After spending hours researching why this occurred and how I could retrieve my files back, I figured out that this could be an issue with a corrupted profile which led me to be stuck on this "temporary profile". I have tried many methods found online like messing with the registry editor; deleting the "TEMP" profile key and .bak extension off the main profile key. I've also tried some commands like an SFC and DISM scan in cmd/powershell admin. Before you say I did a lot without trying something as simple as updating windows or rebooting my PC a couple time, of course I tried. I went into safe mode and even deleted my antiviruses, but no result. Just as I was about to give up, I followed a forum's instructions to delete the temporary profile key and rename the main profile key in regedit. It had me backup all the folders and data in my C:\Users\ only to then delete it along with the Security ID keys both .bak and temp. I feel like this last step I took was a huge gamble and now I'm lost as it did not work after rebooting a few times. Yes, I tried creating a new profile key after this but it didn't allow me even when I was in the administrator profile. After wasting my whole day trying to find a solution on how I can turn my desktop back to normal without having to lose any data, I hope to find some advice on how to put this issue to rest. It's possible I'll just have to store everything in an external drive and reinstall windows since I've lost so many brain cells troubleshooting this. Thank you.

:)

Christopher Palacios, Aug 10, 2020

2. PC is logging in to temporary profile

Hi Shayna,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with temporary profile on your PC, and I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by performing troubleshooting steps.

I would suggest you to refer the
    suggestions
    provided by me replied on May 24, 2019 and see if that helps.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Keep on logging on temporary profile

I just bought a laptop, then a windows update pops up and whenever I tried installing it it gets stucked on a loading windows screen, so I looked into some troubleshoots for this problem, until I came across to a suggestion to delete my previous windows
    files (which is in the storage settings) and right after i did that, my laptop bacame laggy and the apps are not working, until I decided to restart my computer and when it booted up, it went to a temporary profile. Did the thing in deletingtdeleting temporary
    profile and removing the (.bak) on my own profile, but it still loada to a temporary profile everytime I boot my computer.

CesarRacelis Jr., Aug 11, 2020
  4. Help, I cannot log back into my main profile and stuck in a "temporary profile".

Shawn Brink, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Help, I cannot log back into my main profile and stuck in a "temporary profile".

1. Help, I cannot log back into my main profile and stuck in a "temporary profile". - Similar Threads - Help cannot log

2. Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile....: I have user profile apheg and newly created amph. The system has been unable to load profile apheg or amph on boot. After reading everything I could find I created a new user amph. The only way I can get a user profile to load is login in to a user, log out, log in to other...
  3. Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile....: I have user profile apheg and newly created amph. The system has been unable to load profile apheg or amph on boot. After reading everything I could find I created a new user amph. The only way I can get a user profile to load is login in to a user, log out, log in to other...
  4. I renamed the profile image path of the temporary profile to be the same as the main...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I renamed the profile image path of the temporary profile to be the same as the main...: Is ther any way to get the files back.I dont think they were deleted because harddrive storage space is similar to how it was beforeI tried a system reset and it brought back some things but not images docs or pdfs.I also tried windows file recovery it did not bring anything...
  5. I renamed the profile image path of the temporary profile to be the same as the main...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I renamed the profile image path of the temporary profile to be the same as the main...: Is ther any way to get the files back.I dont think they were deleted because harddrive storage space is similar to how it was beforeI tried a system reset and it brought back some things but not images docs or pdfs.I also tried windows file recovery it did not bring anything...
  6. I renamed the profile image path of the temporary profile to be the same as the main...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Stuck at Temporary Profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck at Temporary Profile: I really need help right now. So I restart my laptop and then suddenly Windows logged in in temporary profile and I panicked. And I try searching on the internet for fixes on how to fix logged in temporary profile. I tried these methods...
  8. Logged on with a temporary Profile. How do I get my profile back?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Logged on with a temporary Profile. How do I get my profile back?: I logged in to my laptop the other morning and logged in fine then logged into Citrix for work, clocked in then I got a box that said computer needed to re-boot. Wasn’t sure if it was my laptop or my work computer that I was logged into. So I closed that box, signed out of...
  9. Keep on logging on temporary profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keep on logging on temporary profile: I just bought a laptop, then a windows update pops up and whenever I tried installing it it gets stucked on a loading windows screen, so I looked into some troubleshoots for this problem, until I came across to a suggestion to delete my previous windows files which is in the...
  10. Temporary Profile Log In

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temporary Profile Log In: When I log in I get a pop up that says I am logging in with a temporary profile and I can't access my Microsoft Office documents. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-profile-log-in/ba82d217-0ff4-477c-bf11-1f7d7ff01c1b"