Windows 10: Help! I cannot seem to fix this overscan issue on this old Acer monitor.

Discus and support Help! I cannot seem to fix this overscan issue on this old Acer monitor. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Parnello [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Parnello, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Help! I cannot seem to fix this overscan issue on this old Acer monitor.

/u/Parnello, Oct 18, 2020
  2. De Vries Win User

Overscan on second monitor

Hello all,

For the past two weeks I've been dealing with some overscan on my second monitor, and it's quite frustrating. Everything's too wide for my screen. I use a laptop and a duplicated second monitor, but only on the latter I'm experiencing this issue.

It first occurred after messing around with the resolution of a game I was playing. After restarting the game I noticed that, although my desktop and everything else (e.g. Chrome) was messed up, except for the game. Naturally, I tried to revert the settings to whatever they were before, but the only thing that happened was that now the game is messed up too. Not that I care too much about that though, I mostly care about everything else (like my desktop), but it's odd nonetheless.

So far, I've tried adjusting my screen resolution and the scaling of text and apps in Windows, but to no avail. I did read about people having this overscan issue on TV's, but my second monitor is a PC monitor (Iiyama B2283HS-b1) and not a TV. It's connected through a VGA-cable, if that makes any difference.

Does anybody have any clue as to how to fix this?

De Vries, Oct 18, 2020
  3. my acer aspire laptop dosent detect external vga monitor .

Hi Sivaram,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    This issue might be happening because of the faulty drivers. That’s the reason you are getting intermittent connection on external monitor.

However, you may try the below suggested steps.

Step 1: Try connecting on a different monitor and check if the issue still persists.

Step 2: Try using a different VGA cable to connect with external monitor and check the status of the issue.

Step 3: Update display driver adapters

You may refer the article
    Update drivers in Windows 10
    and check the status of the issue.

Step 4: Check for an updated Video driver on the

Acer drivers and Manuals page

For more information you may also refer
    troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Oct 18, 2020
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Help! I cannot seem to fix this overscan issue on this old Acer monitor.

Overscan on second monitor

It should be in the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel. I don't have an external monitor connected at the moment so you options might be different. It's either under scaling under the General Settings tab, or the advanced tab under the General Settings, or the underscan setting under the custom resolution tab.

Help! I cannot seem to fix this overscan issue on this old Acer monitor. [​IMG]

Help! I cannot seem to fix this overscan issue on this old Acer monitor. [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Help! I cannot seem to fix this overscan issue on this old Acer monitor.

1. Help! I cannot seem to fix this overscan issue on this old Acer monitor. - Similar Threads - Help cannot seem

2. Old acer monitor doesnt work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old acer monitor doesnt work on Windows 10: So I have this DVI Acer LCD monitor that has a sticker on it saying "Works With Windows Vista" now obviously I don't have Vista and I was wondering if it is compatible with my computer. I tried updating the drivers and stuff, everything in my device manager is up to date but...
  3. Old acer monitor doesnt work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old acer monitor doesnt work on Windows 10: So I have this DVI Acer LCD monitor that has a sticker on it saying "Works With Windows Vista" now obviously I don't have Vista and I was wondering if it is compatible with my computer. I tried updating the drivers and stuff, everything in my device manager is up to date but...
  4. Old acer monitor doesnt work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 7 32 bit Overscan Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 32 bit Overscan Issue: I have an Acer Aspire One Notebook Laptop and I've been having this issue for 2 years with no specific answers. Yes I know its old but I still want to use it until I can afford a new laptop.It was completely fine before I got my screen replaced. When I took it back up there...
  6. Fix Acer monitor no signal issue

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Acer monitor no signal issue: [ATTACH]A desktop computer and a monitor are connected with each other via a cable. Every input given to a computer is displayed on the monitor in the form such that a user can understand. The signal coming from the computer tells the monitor what to display. If you see a “No...
  7. Overscan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Overscan: My display driver does not allow me to adjust for overscan to make my display fit my screen. I have tried updating the driver but get nothing, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/overscan/49e174bd-0bba-427a-9b8c-8bd67ec47a10
  8. Overscan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Overscan: I am running integrated graphics off of a ryzen 3 2200g connected to my tv via hdmi and inside of the radeon settings there is no option to manually scale, there is a ton of overscan and i need help. The layout and resolution is grayed out in display settings...
  9. IE 11 overscans the Monitor screen size

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 overscans the Monitor screen size: I have looked at many reports but they seem to have missed the actual issue. It is NOT that the ZOOM is wrong, the width of the WEB Page is correct but the height slightly over scans. ( if I adjust the ZOOM it changes the TEXT, etc sizes but NOT the overall screen size )...
  10. Overscan on second monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Overscan on second monitor: Hello all, For the past two weeks I've been dealing with some overscan on my second monitor, and it's quite frustrating. Everything's too wide for my screen. I use a laptop and a duplicated second monitor, but only on the latter I'm experiencing this issue. It first...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot