Windows 10: Help, i can't a chnage my windows environment variables.

Discus and support Help, i can't a chnage my windows environment variables. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've wanted to chnage my user variables from OneDrive to UNITY_NOPROXY, since i need to change my user variables to work on unity. Last time when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_KazeFaze_, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Help, i can't a chnage my windows environment variables.

I've wanted to chnage my user variables from OneDrive to UNITY_NOPROXY, since i need to change my user variables to work on unity.

Last time when i did this it changed and worked just fine, now when i try to change the environment variable it won't change, when i click on OK it just closes the window and sets the first variable, which in my case is OneDrive, i tried changing it to different variables like TMP etc, i tried restarting my laptop several times it's still no good.

How can i solve this problem?

Thank you.

submitted by /u/_KazeFaze_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_KazeFaze_, Feb 27, 2020
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

System environment variable won't stick

Running Win10 Home on an Acer Spin 3, 64bit, i7cpu. I try to add a path to the system environment variables by:

1. Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced tab > Environment variables

2. The "Environment Variables" window opens.
    3. In the "System Variables" pane I select "Path" and click the EDIT button.
    4. A list of the current system paths is displayed.
    5. I click the NEW button, browse to the path I want to add which is "C:\Python36-32" and click OK. The path "C:\Python36-32" is added to the list of current system paths.
    6. I click OK and am returned to the "Environment Variables" window.
    7. I click the "X" at the top right to close the "Environment Variables" window.

Now if I click the "Environment Variables" button again (end of step-1) and repeat steps 2-4, the new path I added in step-5 is gone. IOW, adding a new path won't stick.

What am I doing wrong?

3. no longer able to set User's environment variables in control panel

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you are not able to work on the Environment Variables in Windows 10 after the latest update to build 10586.3.

The path to access the Environment variables in Windows would be:

Control panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Advanced -> Environment variables.

However, if the above is still in place, but however, you still face functionality issue, I would suggest you to rollback to the previous build and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on Start and select Settings and then choose Update & security.
    • Then click on ‘Recovery Options’.
    • Click on the ‘Get started’ button in the ‘Go back to a previous build of Windows’ option to start the recovery process.
    Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write t us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 27, 2020
  4. Help, i can't a chnage my windows environment variables.

Searching environment variable in list

I'm using a command that gives me a list of environment variables. When searching in the list, I want to find all environment variables with the word
    EXTERNAL; using the following command all that is occurring is all the environment variables are being listed instead of those environment variables with the word
    EXTERNAL ?

findstr /c "EXTERNAL"

StraightWorld, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

Help, i can't a chnage my windows environment variables.

1. Help, i can't a chnage my windows environment variables. - Similar Threads - Help can't chnage

2. environment variables

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    environment variables: Cant get the modal window when editing my system variables from the environment variables areai get this windowand i want this window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/environment-variables/07d24fc8-345d-4062-8169-3fa9bb16a049
  3. environment variables

in Windows 10 Gaming
    environment variables: Cant get the modal window when editing my system variables from the environment variables areai get this windowand i want this window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/environment-variables/07d24fc8-345d-4062-8169-3fa9bb16a049
  4. environment variables

in Windows 10 Customization
    environment variables: I have accidentally deleted all environment variables and now can't reset PC, sound problems and having errors withsoftware installations and running of other apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/environment-variables/3412f031-f141-4fb5-858c-009dd5639860
  5. environment variables

environment variables: Hi, another question from a noob. I see in my PC environment variables at the bottom of the list a sole entry called ZES_ENABLE SYSMAN 1 .I am a sole PC home windows 10 user who only really games a lot. Should this be here, i can only find entries for this in the...
  6. Environment Variables

Environment Variables: I am unable to add USER Variable in windows environment variable setting. Not asking for Path variables in system variables. Help will be appreciated. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/environment-variables/0d063cb8-ccde-465d-8b8b-d5c1ea880c78
  7. environment variable

environment variable: What would happen when we deleted all the environment variable system directory. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/environment-variable/723a4cb6-5baf-4907-a56b-614f35d77da5
  8. windows environment variable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows environment variable: I have deleted all thing and every thing from windows environment variable that's why I faces problem in running programe than how can I setup environment variable again?...
  9. Help with environment variables

Help with environment variables: A while back, I made some changes to my environment variables (not realizing this was a bad idea), and Path system variable had system 32 removed (as well as others). This has caused me issues running commands from CMD, however, even after adding the path back and restarting,...
  10. Environment Variables

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Environment Variables: what will happen if i accidentally delete one of those environment variables without realizing it ? and how to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/environment-variables/fedbdf36-ce8e-4861-a775-1dc62dd1c67e