Windows 10: HELP! I can't control my Windows Defender to do scans and some of my settings are GONE!

Discus and support HELP! I can't control my Windows Defender to do scans and some of my settings are GONE! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, this is my first time doing this and I have a super serious problem. I can't control Windows Defender 'cuz I have some sort of organization... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WyattJones, Mar 5, 2019.

1. HELP! I can't control my Windows Defender to do scans and some of my settings are GONE!

Hi, this is my first time doing this and I have a super serious problem. I can't control Windows Defender 'cuz I have some sort of organization controlling me. Same for Settings too HELP! I can't control my Windows Defender to do scans and some of my settings are GONE! 90480b95-700a-43a9-8b3e-253b3a34e82e?upload=true.jpg HELP! I can't control my Windows Defender to do scans and some of my settings are GONE! d78def66-1539-4d28-bc93-6c7cda7011d3?upload=true.jpg HELP! I can't control my Windows Defender to do scans and some of my settings are GONE! 23319192-4a78-4e7a-be74-3662ecc027d9?upload=true.jpg

:)

WyattJones, Mar 5, 2019

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Windows Defender Scans

Windows Defender is set to scan weekly but every time I boot up I get the message "Windows Defender needs to scan your computer". Sometimes I boot up once a day, sometimes I boot up 3 or 4 times in a day - has anyone any ideas as to why this is happening.

I am running Windows 10 (updated) and have CCleaner 5.25 - some suggestions say to un-check Windows Defender in CCleaner- but Windows Defender is not listed anywhere in CCleaner (I have gone through all the subheadings).

<Moved from Windows>

LesleyBate, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Brian Cab Win User

HELP! I can't control my Windows Defender to do scans and some of my settings are GONE!

Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

Hi Joe,

to scan external drives using Windows Defender, follow the steps provided below.

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Go to Settings tab.
    • Select the Advanced option.
    • tick the checkbox for Scan removable drives.

Regards.

Brian Cab, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

HELP! I can't control my Windows Defender to do scans and some of my settings are GONE!

1. HELP! I can't control my Windows Defender to do scans and some of my settings are GONE! - Similar Threads - HELP can't control

2. My Windows defender is gone along with my nvidia control panel and windows update is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows defender is gone along with my nvidia control panel and windows update is...: Actually last week i noticed that my windows defender was completely gone and also my nvidia services. I have tried every solutions that i could find from google except for reinstalling windows 10, haven't tried that yet. As for my nvidia control panel, it is showing me that...
  3. My Windows defender is gone along with my nvidia control panel and windows update is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows defender is gone along with my nvidia control panel and windows update is...: Actually last week i noticed that my windows defender was completely gone and also my nvidia services. I have tried every solutions that i could find from google except for reinstalling windows 10, haven't tried that yet. As for my nvidia control panel, it is showing me that...
  4. My Windows defender is gone along with my nvidia control panel and windows update is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't do defender offline scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't do defender offline scan: Whenever I press offline scan, it does the UAC prompt and I accept, but it never restarts the laptop. When I do it from Powershell also it doesn't do anything and says this:...
  6. My windows defender will not quick scan.

My windows defender will not quick scan.: whenever I click quick scan it will not do the scan. Rather it will grey out for a second like I clicked it then not do anything. Also when I go into virus and threat protection settings nothing is turned on and I can't turn them on. Please help Kind regards Jack...
  7. I can't access to some of my control panel settings!

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't access to some of my control panel settings!: I can't open up any external hardware settings in control panel. Whenever I click on the settings like sound, keyboard, mouse - it says that application not found. As a result, I can't use my mic in any apps. I searched online but there's no solution of this problem. What can...
  8. I can't do windows defender scans

I can't do windows defender scans: I tried several times to run windows security scan.But every time I click on windows quick scan nothing happens.How do I address this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-do-windows-defender-scans/027e47a9-c132-4b6d-a7f9-dc584ebd938a
  9. offline scan my windows defender

offline scan my windows defender: I would like to see if I have malware or virus offline https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/offline-scan-my-windows-defender/34b05372-8764-4f2b-9d15-04d861db16c9
  10. Some of my options in settings and other Windows menues gone?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some of my options in settings and other Windows menues gone?: so I was prompted to update, but afterwards i noticed I can only choose Shut Down and Reset when i went to turn off my pc, oh no sleep option, no big deal. But i went to swap my hdmi from a moniter to a tv like i have done many times before and now i can only choose between 2...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant controle windows defender