Windows 10: HELP! I can't find a fix for this anywhere..

Discus and support HELP! I can't find a fix for this anywhere.. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello, I got myself into twinUI mode, I do not know how to get out of it! Currently, all the default apps from windows are: "twinui" on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by heeshassi, Feb 27, 2016.

1. heeshassi Win User

HELP! I can't find a fix for this anywhere..

hello,

I got myself into twinUI mode, I do not know how to get out of it!

Currently, all the default apps from windows are: "twinui" on my windows (image1 below).
    image 1

HELP! I can't find a fix for this anywhere.. [​IMG]

Everything was normal an hour ago, but then I was searching for "fixing the search in start", i stumbled upon the code in image 2, put it in cmd, restared the pc, then ended up with twinui as the default app!

additionally, every time i try to change the default apps from system>defaultapps> it just freezes and does not let me.
    further more, windows photo viewer is not even part of the list, when right clicking to use the "open with" feature. as in image below

also, start button looks like:

I can't open calculator, calendar, email anything!

Help!

:)

heeshassi, Feb 27, 2016

2. Cannot update Mail app (W10)

HI. I cannot update the mail app through Store. I get error 0x8d02005 - can't find answers anywhere. Usual fixes, e.g. troubleshooter doesn't help. TY.

carlevernet, Feb 27, 2016
  3. KadyQ Win User
    Bugcheck 0x0000009f since cumulative update for Windows 10 kb3081448

I have the same problem. I can't find a fix anywhere. I can't role back 1703 because I waited too long.

KadyQ, Feb 27, 2016
  4. lmaneke Win User

Do you have any system restore points that you can use to revert to?

Right click on start menu
    Click system
    Top left pane, click on System Protection
    Click on system restore.

Click on, select different restore point, or, if it doesn't being that up, click next.
    check the dates and find a restore point that you can revert back to before the TWIN UI happened.

You could also try to uninstall TWIN UI and see what happens. If a program gives issues, always try to uninstall the program.

If you can't uninstall, you may need to boot into safe mode, and perform the uninstall.

Click start
    Click power,
    Before clicking restart, hold the shift key. While holding shift, click restart.

Click troubleshoot
    Click advanced options
    Click change startup settings
    Restart.

Choose option 4 when the menu comes up.

Try to uninstall, restart the computer, see if problem has gone away.

If nothing has worked, let me know, and we can troubleshoot further.

Edit: I see that TwinUI is part of Windows 8 and 10. I've never used it, because I don't have a touch screen.

You may need to just do a system restore as you may just have a registry issue.

lmaneke, Feb 28, 2016
Thema:

1. HELP! I can't find a fix for this anywhere.. - Similar Threads - HELP can't find

2. I can't find WLAN AutoConfigWLANSVC Service anywhere!!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't find WLAN AutoConfigWLANSVC Service anywhere!!!!: I can't find WLAN AutoConfigWLANSVC Service anywhere. I checked services, did tutorials and much more! I can't connect to wireless routers because they don't show up. I have to use the Bluetooth sharing. Please help me, my computer is like this for a month....
  3. I can't find WLAN AutoConfigWLANSVC Service anywhere!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find WLAN AutoConfigWLANSVC Service anywhere!!!!: I can't find WLAN AutoConfigWLANSVC Service anywhere. I checked services, did tutorials and much more! I can't connect to wireless routers because they don't show up. I have to use the Bluetooth sharing. Please help me, my computer is like this for a month....
  4. I can't find WLAN AutoConfigWLANSVC Service anywhere!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bluetooth stopped working. Can't find a fix anywhere.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth stopped working. Can't find a fix anywhere.: So I recently did a Disk Cleanup and Defragmentation, after resetting my computer I found I couldn't connect to Bluetooth and that it was apparently turned off, I clicked "Add a device" and it said it couldn't connect. This has happened before but I eventually fixed it,...
  6. Bluetooth stopped working. Can't find a fix anywhere.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth stopped working. Can't find a fix anywhere.: So I recently did a Disk Cleanup and Defragmentation, after resetting my computer I found I couldn't connect to Bluetooth and that it was apparently turned off, I clicked "Add a device" and it said it couldn't connect. This has happened before but I eventually fixed it,...
  7. Bluetooth stopped working. Can't find a fix anywhere.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Please help i cant find a solution anywhere

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help i cant find a solution anywhere: Please help! Ive been using three monitors for a couple months now and suddenly my main monitor is the only one that works! If i unplug it, the other two come on but it still detects the first one and all my windows still pop up on the first so i cant check the settings....
  9. i can't find my files anywhere

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i can't find my files anywhere: help needed please, I've recently upgraded to windows 10 and now I can't find my files anywhere, all photos - videos-documents, everything just gone, does anyone have any advice on this? also when i write something in word,then save in documents, i switch on my computer the...
  10. Build 1809 -- can't find anywhere

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Build 1809 -- can't find anywhere: EDIT: Is there somewhere to dl the ISO or something of version 1809 to re-install it over the current version? I really need to roll back my windows 10 from version 1903 to 1809. However, despite looking for almost the entire day I've had no luck. submitted by...