Windows 10: HELP! I can't find a fix for this anywhere..

Discus and support HELP! I can't find a fix for this anywhere.. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello, I got myself into twinUI mode, I do not know how to get out of it! Currently, all the default apps from windows are: "twinui" on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by heeshassi, Feb 27, 2016.

1. heeshassi Win User

HELP! I can't find a fix for this anywhere..

hello,

I got myself into twinUI mode, I do not know how to get out of it!

Currently, all the default apps from windows are: "twinui" on my windows (image1 below).
    image 1

HELP! I can't find a fix for this anywhere.. [​IMG]

Everything was normal an hour ago, but then I was searching for "fixing the search in start", i stumbled upon the code in image 2, put it in cmd, restared the pc, then ended up with twinui as the default app!

additionally, every time i try to change the default apps from system>defaultapps> it just freezes and does not let me.
    further more, windows photo viewer is not even part of the list, when right clicking to use the "open with" feature. as in image below

also, start button looks like:

I can't open calculator, calendar, email anything!

Help!

:)

heeshassi, Feb 27, 2016

2. Cannot update Mail app (W10)

HI. I cannot update the mail app through Store. I get error 0x8d02005 - can't find answers anywhere. Usual fixes, e.g. troubleshooter doesn't help. TY.

carlevernet, Feb 27, 2016
  3. KadyQ Win User
    Bugcheck 0x0000009f since cumulative update for Windows 10 kb3081448

I have the same problem. I can't find a fix anywhere. I can't role back 1703 because I waited too long.

KadyQ, Feb 27, 2016
  4. lmaneke Win User

Do you have any system restore points that you can use to revert to?

Right click on start menu
    Click system
    Top left pane, click on System Protection
    Click on system restore.

Click on, select different restore point, or, if it doesn't being that up, click next.
    check the dates and find a restore point that you can revert back to before the TWIN UI happened.

You could also try to uninstall TWIN UI and see what happens. If a program gives issues, always try to uninstall the program.

If you can't uninstall, you may need to boot into safe mode, and perform the uninstall.

Click start
    Click power,
    Before clicking restart, hold the shift key. While holding shift, click restart.

Click troubleshoot
    Click advanced options
    Click change startup settings
    Restart.

Choose option 4 when the menu comes up.

Try to uninstall, restart the computer, see if problem has gone away.

If nothing has worked, let me know, and we can troubleshoot further.

Edit: I see that TwinUI is part of Windows 8 and 10. I've never used it, because I don't have a touch screen.

You may need to just do a system restore as you may just have a registry issue.

lmaneke, Feb 28, 2016
Thema:

1. HELP! I can't find a fix for this anywhere.. - Similar Threads - HELP can't find

2. Desktop Won't Load, Can't Find a Fix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Won't Load, Can't Find a Fix: TL;DR: I used a usb to boot into Tails OS and now windows freezes whenever i log into my pc. I ran tails os my computer with a usb stick and now i cant use my computer regulary. I turnt off safe boot on my pc's bios menu in order to boot into Tails and it booted up just...
  3. Can't find Windows audio endpoint builder, neither on service.msc or anywhere.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't find Windows audio endpoint builder, neither on service.msc or anywhere.: My notebook sudenly lost it's sound. I have been looking for fixes and found about this service called Windows audio endpoint builder. But it isn't on my services list....
  4. quick fix for hmmm can't find this page

in Windows 10 Support
    quick fix for hmmm can't find this page: I know this an old topic but I just recently upgraded to windows 10 and had the hmmm can't find this page problem in Edge. My solution: after hitting windows key I typed cleanmgr in search box and ran the computer clean program selecting system files and making sure windows...
  5. can't find my emails. help!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can't find my emails. help!: I can't seem to find my emails. can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/cant-find-my-emails-help/7a46a51c-efa3-4f93-87ca-9bd7094880c3"
  6. Store not working, I can't fix it HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store not working, I can't fix it HELP!!!: So my Store stopped working, I tried to re-install it and I got the following: [img] Can someone help me please? Thanks in advance 46724
  7. Cannot find Edge anywhere: how do I use it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot find Edge anywhere: how do I use it?: Folks, I've just upgraded from 8.1 to 10. During the Welcome screen, I chose Express Install and agreed to the W10 default selections, which included using Edge as my browser. When the install finished, I could not see an Edge icon anywhere. Searching for "edge" did not...
  8. Desktop Folder Suddenly Went Missing - Can't Find it Anywhere

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Folder Suddenly Went Missing - Can't Find it Anywhere: I suddenly lost a folder with a bunch of important files in it. I also lost another folder with a lot of family videos. I'm not as worried about the videos because I have those backed up with Google and on thumb drives, but the other folder I need desperately. I have done...
  9. Alot of bugs, can't find a fix

in Windows 10 Support
    Alot of bugs, can't find a fix: Hello, I have a problem: Nothing opens when I press the items at the little icons near the clock at the taskbar. Also, all the programs that I pinned to the taskbar have a problem: I can't right click on them. I also found out that when I right-click the desktop to open...
  10. bootmgr error, can't find a fix

in Windows 10 Support
    bootmgr error, can't find a fix: Hi, I recently got a new motherboard, processor, SSD, and memory for my old, homebuilt desktop. I'm running Windows 10 which I downloaded as the free upgrade last year. I cloned the OS to my new SSD using EaseUS Todo 10.0. I've activated the new partition and upgraded my...