Windows 10: HELP I can't log in with my pin code and can't empty the Ngc folder.

Discus and support HELP I can't log in with my pin code and can't empty the Ngc folder. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can no longer log in with my pin and instead have to use my Microsoft accounts password to log into my computer. And apparently I'm not the first one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CactuzNeko, Apr 13, 2021.

1. HELP I can't log in with my pin code and can't empty the Ngc folder.

I can no longer log in with my pin and instead have to use my Microsoft accounts password to log into my computer. And apparently I'm not the first one so I've tried to fix this with tutorials, and to empty the Ngc folder. But I can't access that by doing the steps necessary... I still lack administration apparently... And command prompt doesn't work either.

Is there anyway I can fix this? Will I lose any data or files from my account, if I use any other way? Please help.

submitted by /u/CactuzNeko
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CactuzNeko, Apr 13, 2021

2. Windows Hello Pin won't allow setup - Tried Ngc folder contents deletion

At some point I stopped being able to log in with my PIN or fingerprint reader. Since logging on with my password and trying to reset the PIN I have not been able to use Windows Hello.

Trying to add a new PIN leads to the eventual message of "Something went wrong. We weren't able to set up your pin..."

Following instructions from various help forums I have deleted the contents of the Ngc folder and have also tried resetting the Access Control Lists on the Ngc folder. Neither of these things have worked.

Does anyone have any further suggestions?

loginprobs, Apr 13, 2021
  3. mxmxm~ Win User
    No NGC folder

hi! after some major update happened to may laptop i had a hard time logging to my account using the PIN password. I want to fix this by deleting files in NGC folder but this folder is nowhere to find. There's no NGC folder in the appdata . I tried to
    find it everywhere but there's none.Please help me HELP I can't log in with my pin code and can't empty the Ngc folder. :(

mxmxm~, Apr 13, 2021
  4. HELP I can't log in with my pin code and can't empty the Ngc folder.

Unable to log in with a PIN

Step #1: Delete the Ngc folder.

I was able to reset my PIN by deleting the contents of the Ngc directory. However, the provided directions were missing a step. This caused me much confusion until I discovered what was going on.

The issue is that for whatever reason it's impossible to recursively apply the ownership settings to the subdirectories under Ngc. So, the following step should be inserted between steps 7 and 8:

• Open the Ngc folder and perform steps 3-7 on each subfolder.

Upon modifying the instructions thus, I was successful.

ScottSeverance, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

HELP I can't log in with my pin code and can't empty the Ngc folder.

1. HELP I can't log in with my pin code and can't empty the Ngc folder. - Similar Threads - HELP can't log

2. Can't reset Windows Hello Pin and can't find Ngc folder

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't reset Windows Hello Pin and can't find Ngc folder: Whenever I open my laptop and then click sign in, it tells me to create Windows Hello PIN, but before creating my PIN it tells me to verify my identity and enter the PIN for my account, though I don't have one. And when I click 'I forgot my PIN' it says 'You can reset your...
  3. Can't reset Windows Hello Pin and can't find Ngc folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reset Windows Hello Pin and can't find Ngc folder: Whenever I open my laptop and then click sign in, it tells me to create Windows Hello PIN, but before creating my PIN it tells me to verify my identity and enter the PIN for my account, though I don't have one. And when I click 'I forgot my PIN' it says 'You can reset your...
  4. Can't reset Windows Hello Pin and can't find Ngc folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleted NGC folder, now can't log in

Deleted NGC folder, now can't log in: Hi, i really need help ASAP!So recently my Windows 10 sometimes shows "Something went wrong on our end" and shows error code 0x80280013 when im trying to sign in using my fingerprint or pin.Just like any other user, i search for that error code and got this result from...
  6. Deleted NGC folder, now can't log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted NGC folder, now can't log in: Hi, i really need help ASAP!So recently my Windows 10 sometimes shows "Something went wrong on our end" and shows error code 0x80280013 when im trying to sign in using my fingerprint or pin.Just like any other user, i search for that error code and got this result from...
  7. Deleted NGC folder, now can't log in

8. PIN not available, PIN reset not working, Ngc folder empty?

PIN not available, PIN reset not working, Ngc folder empty?: Hi, so recently my PIN quit working. For some reason when I boot up my computer it says something like “Something happened and your PIN is unavailable.” And so I have to sign in via password. Once I’m actually on my desktop, I go into settings and try to reset my PIN but it...
  9. PIN not available, PIN reset not working, Ngc folder empty?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN not available, PIN reset not working, Ngc folder empty?: Hi, so recently my PIN quit working. For some reason when I boot up my computer it says something like “Something happened and your PIN is unavailable.” And so I have to sign in via password. Once I’m actually on my desktop, I go into settings and try to reset my PIN but it...
  10. PIN not available, PIN reset not working, Ngc folder empty?

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to delete ngc folder shortcut