Windows 10: HELP! I cant update drivers and BIOS in my old 2008 PC Windows 10 Home

Discus and support HELP! I cant update drivers and BIOS in my old 2008 PC Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I have a 2008 DG33BU motherboard running a Windows 10 and I'm having this issue where I can't update the following driver:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by YanFagundes, Jun 1, 2020.

1. HELP! I cant update drivers and BIOS in my old 2008 PC Windows 10 Home

So I have a 2008 DG33BU motherboard running a Windows 10 and I'm having this issue where I can't update the following driver:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29C4&SUBSYS_50448086&REV_02
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29C4&SUBSYS_50448086
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29C4&CC_078000

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29C4&CC_0780

This seems to be the driver to PCI Simple Communications Controller Driver for INTEL.

I went to the Intel website and they claim they no longer give support to this hardware.

My system seems to be running pretty stable so far nevertheless. I'm just worried it might cause problems in the future.

Is there any way I can update this driver?

:)

YanFagundes, Jun 1, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

HELP! I cant update drivers and BIOS in my old 2008 PC Windows 10 Home

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

HELP! I cant update drivers and BIOS in my old 2008 PC Windows 10 Home

1. HELP! I cant update drivers and BIOS in my old 2008 PC Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - HELP cant update

2. Updates bios driver. Pc not able to start. Help :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates bios driver. Pc not able to start. Help :: I tried to update the bios drivers for my gigabyte b460m gaming HD and once it was over, my pc crashed and now shows the ran into a problem screen. I really need help as i have my exams coming up TOMORROW... HELP!...
  3. Updates bios driver. Pc not able to start. Help :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates bios driver. Pc not able to start. Help :: I tried to update the bios drivers for my gigabyte b460m gaming HD and once it was over, my pc crashed and now shows the ran into a problem screen. I really need help as i have my exams coming up TOMORROW... HELP!...
  4. +4 OSs in many disks as BIOS/MBR - old PC of 2008-9 about 14-15 years old

in Windows 10 Gaming
    +4 OSs in many disks as BIOS/MBR - old PC of 2008-9 about 14-15 years old: +4 OSs in many disks as BIOS/MBR - old PC of 2008-9 about 14-15 years oldThe ^^^ ARE LIMITED TO 4 PARTITIONS PER DISK HDD/SSDWell if I want to have a multiple boot system e.g. Windows 10 & Windows 11 OS, Linux Ubuntu, KALI, Zorin, Fedora,…RedHat, …. etc. all as x-ple boot...
  5. +4 OSs in many disks as BIOS/MBR - old PC of 2008-9 about 14-15 years old

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    +4 OSs in many disks as BIOS/MBR - old PC of 2008-9 about 14-15 years old: +4 OSs in many disks as BIOS/MBR - old PC of 2008-9 about 14-15 years oldThe ^^^ ARE LIMITED TO 4 PARTITIONS PER DISK HDD/SSDWell if I want to have a multiple boot system e.g. Windows 10 & Windows 11 OS, Linux Ubuntu, KALI, Zorin, Fedora,…RedHat, …. etc. all as x-ple boot...
  6. +4 OSs in many disks as BIOS/MBR - old PC of 2008-9 about 14-15 years old

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. if my pc spec is old thats why i cant update windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    if my pc spec is old thats why i cant update windows 10: if my pc spec is old thats why i cant update windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-my-pc-spec-is-old-thats-why-i-cant-update/dbfa953d-21a9-44c2-b335-ba6c5a2dbdc1
  8. Driver Updates on Old Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Driver Updates on Old Windows 10: Hello, I need help! My mom has a laptop that needs its WiFi drivers updated, so much so that it can’t even connect to WiFi (it connects to the network, but it remains on “No Internet Access”). Ethernet doesn’t work either. The WiFi adapter is the Intel(R) Dual Band...
  9. Remove Old Driver on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove Old Driver on Windows 10 Home: I have deleted my printer okay and want to install a new one and my old driver which I will never use again is still on my computer. I want to remove it, but Windows Home 10 does not support Print Management to do it. Can someone suggest a work around for print driver...
  10. Should i update my BIOS Drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Should i update my BIOS Drivers?: Should I update my BIOS Drivers? Actually, it takes a minute for the PC to boot... The boot time is extremely slow. That's why I'm thinking of updating my BIOS Drivers. Thanks *Smile Specs: Motherboard: MSI 880GMS - E41(FX) CPU: AMD FX-6300 GPU: PowerColor Devil R9 270x...