Windows 10: Help I changed my product key by mistake

Discus and support Help I changed my product key by mistake in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I changed my product key by mistake, my laptop came with a pre-activated windows 10 single languagenow my windows 10 says that please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by IlakianCS, Jul 24, 2021.

1. IlakianCS Win User

Help I changed my product key by mistake

Hi everyone,I changed my product key by mistake, my laptop came with a pre-activated windows 10 single languagenow my windows 10 says that please activate windows 10,so what can I do now if this thing know my dad, my dad will kill me help me pleaseI don't know my old product key came with my laptop

:)

IlakianCS, Jul 24, 2021

2. Get Windows 10 app not responding after changing product key

• Windows 8.1 was with KMS license
    • Reserved free upgrade to Windows 10
    • Bought Windows 8.1 product key and changed product key via PC info app
    • Get Windows 10 app not responding.
    Steps tried

• Uninstall KB 3035583 using wusa /uninstall
    • Restart
    • Reinstall KB 3035583 using Windows Update
    • Restart
    • Click on Get Windows 10 icon, not responding.

Yao BinThen, Jul 24, 2021
  3. product key

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please follow the below steps to resolve this issue:

Steps:

• Press and hold Windows key + R.
    • Type ‘slui 3’.
    • Enter your old product key and try to change product key
    • Use the new product and check if you are able to activate.
    For more information please follow the link given below, this information is provided by Andre Da Costa.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-activate-and-resolve-common-product-key/33f31475-93b3-4d1c-812f-4b21fbd807a7

Please get back to us if you are still facing this problem.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jul 24, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Why was I not asked for a product key when upgrading to Win 10?

According to your spec you have Win 10 Pro, but perhaps that doesn't reflect your PC.

You haven't stated which edition of Win 10 you have on this machine, nor what your Win 10 key is for.

For example, if you already have Win 10 Pro and your key is Win 10 Home, that would be a retrograde step.

For interest only:
    Change Product Key in Windows 10

More on product key if you search this list or look at 'Related Tutorials' in the above.
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index

dalchina, Jul 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Help I changed my product key by mistake - Similar Threads - Help changed product

2. By Mistake i delete my product key of Win11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    By Mistake i delete my product key of Win11 Home: Hi Team,By mistake i delete my product key of win 11 home and i upgrade to win 11 enterprise by following some random video. So, i just want to know can i roll back my system to win11 home again?I dont have the original product key.Thanks,PraveenEmailID: *** Email address is...
  3. By Mistake i delete my product key of Win11 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    By Mistake i delete my product key of Win11 Home: Hi Team,By mistake i delete my product key of win 11 home and i upgrade to win 11 enterprise by following some random video. So, i just want to know can i roll back my system to win11 home again?I dont have the original product key.Thanks,PraveenEmailID: *** Email address is...
  4. I can't change my product key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I can't change my product key.: I downloaded the Microsoft PID Checker, enter in a different OEM product key, and chose the software package Windows 10 / Server 2016 10240, which is only software package that gives me Valid. At Settings > Update & Security > Activation > Change product key, I entered the...
  5. I can't change my product key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change my product key.: I downloaded the Microsoft PID Checker, enter in a different OEM product key, and chose the software package Windows 10 / Server 2016 10240, which is only software package that gives me Valid. At Settings > Update & Security > Activation > Change product key, I entered the...
  6. I can't change my product key.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't change my product key.: I downloaded the Microsoft PID Checker, enter in a new product key, and chose the software package Windows 10 / Server 2016 10240, which is only software package that gives me Valid. At Settings > Update & Security > Activation > Change product key, I entered the key and it...
  7. I can't change my product key.

I can't change my product key.: First built pc and didn't have money to purchase a windows 10 license so I downloaded the free version. Now that I have some money in my pocket I decided to buy a new key. The problem I'm facing is that when I go to change my key I get an error code0xC004f050. The version my...
  8. I need help with my product key

I need help with my product key: So, a couple months ago (2 months ago) I was warned that my product key would expire (I dont have any pictures of it but see the images from a different computer)... but guess what? when it hit the expiry date, nothing happened... it just stayed the way it was. All help is...
  9. Why I can't change my product key. Help how to solve it!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why I can't change my product key. Help how to solve it!: [ATTACH][ATTACH] give me the product key. THANK YOU. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-change-my-product-key-help-how-to-solve/c4d2f6d1-26db-400a-bceb-e329a4cfbca3
  10. why i can't change my product key. Help to solve it!

in Windows 10 Customization
    why i can't change my product key. Help to solve it!: [ATTACH][ATTACH] give me the product key. THANK YOU. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-change-my-product-key-help-to-solve-it/c4d2f6d1-26db-400a-bceb-e329a4cfbca3