Windows 10: Help i did "diskpart and need to find ssd

Discus and support Help i did "diskpart and need to find ssd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, i wanted to wipe my backup ssd and then tranfer files to it after, i used "diskpart" it then disappeared from my pc. I ran diskmangment and it said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by markfresh, Jul 16, 2019.

1. markfresh Win User

Help i did "diskpart and need to find ssd

Hi, i wanted to wipe my backup ssd and then tranfer files to it after, i used "diskpart" it then disappeared from my pc.
    I ran diskmangment and it said something like it needed to be configured, i selected GPT.
    In disk managment its there but it say unallocated , not sure what the next step is.
    Thanks Mark

:)

markfresh, Jul 16, 2019
  2. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Help i did "diskpart and need to find ssd :cool:

jmcslob, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Please help. Messed up SSD after installing windows 10 from usb

You could 'clean' it with diskpart, I am not 100% sure what the windows installer did to it, 'cleaning' it with diskpart may make your OS not load even if it is on the HDD depending on where it put the MBR, so proceed at your own risk.

To clean:
    From windows command line...

diskpart <enter>
    list disk <enter>
    note the disk # of the SSD
    select disk # (Number of ssd)
    clean <enter>

NOTE: once the SSD is 'cleaned' it cant be undone and everything will be wiped.

Psychoholic, Jul 16, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

How to view 2nd drive?

as suggested by Steve (enssenbe). Open Admin Command Prompt and type:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk

is your SSD listed ?

topgundcp, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Help i did "diskpart and need to find ssd - Similar Threads - Help did diskpart

2. Actually , i Need Help , But Can't Find a Flair for "Need Help"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Actually , i Need Help , But Can't Find a Flair for "Need Help": My Laptop (DELL Precision M4800) Perfect Laptop For The Time Being , Not Talking About The Specs RN , So , it Has This Problem Where The CPU Caps at 27% When Battery is 30% or The First Minute After Unplugging it , How do i Solve it ? submitted by /u/ALICOOL412 [link]...
  3. need help with corrupt ssd

need help with corrupt ssd: I just bought a brand new m.2 and installed it on my mobo. I messed around with it and now I can't access it . when I load up disk manager and try to initialized the disk it says a device does not exist and it also says its unknown Disk 1. submitted by /u/No-Piccolo9279...
  4. Need help with SSD and TRIM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with SSD and TRIM: I've read this tutorial here: Enable or Disable TRIM Support for Solid State Drives in Windows 10 | Tutorials. After checking my SSD according to the tutorial, I had this: [img] Yesterday I installed O&O Defrag Professional Edition 23, which I got from a giveaway...
  5. I need help with my disk and SSD.

I need help with my disk and SSD.: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, Recently I upgraded to an SSD. The SSD installation and windows installation on it was done by a service person in my locality. I had 1TB HDD which is now installed in CD drive for extra storage.. now... here is where I need help, The hard drive...
  6. Diskpart Help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Diskpart Help: I would like to write a batch file that uses diskpart to partition 6 partitions, assigns drive letters ,to 60 ,20,20,250,80 , 80,DVD and USB Flash and formats the partitions to NTFS . How is this done? John 145221
  7. Diskpart Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Diskpart Help: I would like to write a batch file that uses diskpart to partition 6 partitions, assigns drive letters ,to 60 ,20,20,250,80 , 80,DVD and USB Flash and formats the partitions to NTFS . How is this done? John 145221
  8. Help i did "diskpart and need to find ssd

in Windows 10 Support
    Help i did "diskpart and need to find ssd: Hi, i wanted to wipe my backup ssd and then tranfer files to it after, i used "diskpart" it then disappeared from my pc. I ran diskmangment and it said something like it needed to be configured, i selected GPT. In disk managment its there but it say unallocated , not sure...
  9. I need help finding cabling to connect two SSD SATA III for cloning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need help finding cabling to connect two SSD SATA III for cloning: Hi everyone, I am trying to find out the cabling to connect two SATA III drives together so I can clone the SDD in my new Win 10 desktop SDD to the replacement SDD i bought to install in my old win 7 machine so I have a backup PC ready to go. I am connecting SATA III to...
  10. Need diskpart commands

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need diskpart commands: I am going to reinstall but i forgot the typical diskpart commands that i want to do before hand on my SSD , i know clean is one of them but i forgot the others . I just have one SSD for boot and usage . Thank you 19116