Windows 10: help i did something dumb

Discus and support help i did something dumb in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i purchased a desktop with windows 10 on it recently i used it for a couple days soon i found out that the hard drive called windows was full so i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kayto117, Dec 3, 2015.

1. kayto117 Win User

help i did something dumb

i purchased a desktop with windows 10 on it recently i used it for a couple days soon i found out that the hard drive called windows was full so i copied everything to the one called data and erased the originals i found that it caused problems so i moved it back to windows but
    1.documents on the sidebar says it doesn't exist
    2.i cant find my pictures unless i actively search for them
    3.i still need to figure out how to start using the hard drive called data because i have a bunch of games that cannot update as the settings menu on the computer will let everything but apps be stored on data

:)

kayto117, Dec 3, 2015
  2. Skundor Win User

Nokia 1520 RM-937: Cortana not work Please Help

That did it! Sorry about that. I feel dumb. Thanks for the help!

Skundor, Dec 3, 2015
  3. I keep getting a pop up for MSVCP110.dll is not designed to run on windows or it contains an error

Thanks for your help. I now feel really dumb. I found something on a forum to rerun the prerequisite on the HI-Rez support app. And it worked.

DrakeFollmer, Dec 3, 2015
  4. help i did something dumb

You should not try moving stuff from the Operating Systems Hard drive, terrible things will happen. I don't believe you can swap Operating System (Windows 10) to another drive with copy and paste.

You will want to try a system restore or make a windows 10 disc and do a clean install (Erase everything on the drive and start over)

You can get microsoft iso creation tool to make a windows 10 disc or put it on a USB stick.

How big is your Windows drive? Windows 10 does not take that much, all you needed to do was move a few games or videos to another drive to free up some space.

DigDugFighter, Dec 3, 2015
  5. kayto117 Win User
    i cannot find the games to move them though

kayto117, Dec 3, 2015
  6. Get a program called Rid Nacs. It is a program to see what is on your drive. It is fast and free.

Depending on where you are getting your games from you can choose which drive to install them on. In Windows 10 you can go to settings/system/storage and change where all new things will go. You can find your documents/my games and pictures and stuff in your C:\users folder.

Go on youtube and watch a few tutorials how to explore your folders if you don't know. If you do know then you might just need a clean install or remove malware/viruses that are changing drive/folder names and locations. *Sad

DigDugFighter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

help i did something dumb

1. help i did something dumb - Similar Threads - help did something

2. I did something dumb - no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I did something dumb - no sound: I did something dumb -- no sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-something-dumb-no-sound/c9393f6a-fb0c-4c2c-8865-d3ac87d607fb
  3. I did something dumb - no sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I did something dumb - no sound: I did something dumb -- no sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-something-dumb-no-sound/c9393f6a-fb0c-4c2c-8865-d3ac87d607fb
  4. I was dumb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I was dumb: So I turned on my Dell laptop and I was notified that my key was going to expire, so I followed a tutorial from a youtuber I knew and I copied a script from a website to a cmd file, ran it and nothing happened but I figured that it just didn't do anything bc the key hadn't...
  5. I did something stupid

I did something stupid: I tried to add a password to any admin prompt by copying a text from the Internet. I thought that all I had to do was to change the "add" to "delete" and it would be gone. I tried many other words like rm, remove, usw. reg delete...
  6. I did a dumb thing, got the green screen

I did a dumb thing, got the green screen: Hey there! So long story short, i ended up accidently ending a task in the task manager on my laptop (Windows10) and basically shut down the whole 'user friendly' thing. Dont remember what it was called, i think the Windows Manager maybe? I can still sign in (i turned my...
  7. I think i did something? Please help

I think i did something? Please help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/vostful [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e1rrw5/i_think_i_did_something_please_help/
  8. I Did something that I thought would help and now I need help getting rid of it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I Did something that I thought would help and now I need help getting rid of it.: (I'm running on Win 10 btw) Alright, so I am a frequent charger and my laptop asked me if I wanted to limit my charging to 60%, to which I said yes as it would keep my battery life long. And that worked for me until it came to travel. I now regret my decision and want to...
  9. I did something dumb, please help?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I did something dumb, please help?: I was trying to turn in Windows Dark mode it was not working and so I looked it up and found a guild, I did what it said and now I cannot log into my computer. It said perform a clean boot. To do this open system configuration, uncheck startup items then go into services...
  10. I did something really stupid with the Documents shortcut. need help

in Windows 10 Support
    I did something really stupid with the Documents shortcut. need help: Both of my PCs got hacked awhile back, and I'm finally past that with my Desktop, Laptop is next, have formatted my drives, done clean install on Windows 10 Pro... Then I made a big boo-boo. I feel silly even posting to the forum, but I can't figure out how to fix it. I...