Windows 10: Help! I didn't set this account up....

Discus and support Help! I didn't set this account up.... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What on earth is going on? Could someone help me please. I am desperately trying to get free of my soon to be x He has my computer, my iPhone,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CristiePeck, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Help! I didn't set this account up....

What on earth is going on?

Could someone help me please.

I am desperately trying to get free of my soon to be x

He has my computer, my iPhone, I'm on my third phone this year.

My 80 year old parents had to take out a loan to pay for all of my attorney's fees.

He is able to read/delete my emails, and had administrative control of my computer.

Any advice?

:)

CristiePeck, Mar 31, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Notification didn´t appear

Windows 10 has ben released for 1 day and a half,and I didn´t get the notification for installing.I reserved it.Can anyone help me?

PS I am running Windows 7 and it´s up to date.

Megabladme, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Help! I didn't set this account up....

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Help! I didn't set this account up....

1. Help! I didn't set this account up.... - Similar Threads - Help didn't set

2. My laptop is now locked by BitLocker, and I didn't set it up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is now locked by BitLocker, and I didn't set it up.: I purchased my laptop about 1 year ago, and it's been working great. Today I booted it up and now it wants a BitLocker code. I have never set it up, never heard of it. I logged into my account and doesn't show the device. I AM NOT FORMATTING MY DRIVE! Please tell me how to...
  3. My laptop is now locked by BitLocker, and I didn't set it up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is now locked by BitLocker, and I didn't set it up.: I purchased my laptop about 1 year ago, and it's been working great. Today I booted it up and now it wants a BitLocker code. I have never set it up, never heard of it. I logged into my account and doesn't show the device. I AM NOT FORMATTING MY DRIVE! Please tell me how to...
  4. My laptop is now locked by BitLocker, and I didn't set it up.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Account set up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Account set up.: I sent up an account for my wife, everything works good, then I log off, when I log back in to her account I get black screen ? and I used her Microsoft account @outlook.com to set up her account....
  6. Account set up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account set up: Okay so I set up my son as the admin and myself as the child. I need to switch it so I can set up screen time etc. i tried making us both admins then change him to member but i cant because now im a child. Ugh!...
  7. Adware in Browser and Proxy I didn't set up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adware in Browser and Proxy I didn't set up: The option "Use a proxy server" (Network & Internet -> Proxy) turns on automatically then i get shown ads on google.com (after the search) that aren't actually from google, but from https://search.becovi.com/. After I delete the Proxy Adress (127.0.0.1), Port (8003) and...
  8. Just booted up my pc and found a wallpaper that I didn't set up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just booted up my pc and found a wallpaper that I didn't set up.: So, i booted up my pc after a week, but I found a wallpaper. I am not a fan of them, I use the default blue one with the windows logo. I don't know why that happened. Please help submitted by /u/RaigardasSav [link] [comments]...
  9. Set up account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set up account: How do I set up a local administrator account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-account/acfac99c-4589-44eb-b7a8-60faae4ffaac
  10. set up help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    set up help: is it possible to make the start up menu on the left side i do not even know what to call it look like windows 7 with extensions tiles etc while staying in windows ten. please be nice im old and easily addled and apt to be contused again i bow 2 u 75697