Windows 10: Help, i encounter freeze after loading to desktop

Discus and support Help, i encounter freeze after loading to desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi, can't figure out how to fix problem. PC start on desktop but freeze and can't click anything, cursor is moving. Anyone know how to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bratora97, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Help, i encounter freeze after loading to desktop

Help, i encounter freeze after loading to desktop VOU62Pp4RhsM0o9UEDM97IIlkZvYbJkxpA5nh1tEwGg.jpg

Hi, can't figure out how to fix problem. PC start on desktop but freeze and can't click anything, cursor is moving.

Anyone know how to fix this?

submitted by /u/bratora97
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bratora97, Jan 30, 2023
  2. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Jan 30, 2023
  3. Windows 10 reboot Freezes on the ASUS logo with the loading circle.

Hi,

Before we assist you, we would like to know the below information,

• Does the computer freezes for long time, more than 10min?
    This issue may occur, due to the Display driver’s corruption. Since you are able to get into the Desktop screen I suggest you to follow the below steps to fix the issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to Disconnect all he external devices connected to the computer. This is to check if the issue is conflicted to the external devices.

Also install all the Windows pending updates.

I suggest you to
    install the updates again, and restart the computer.

• In search type Check for updates and hit enter.

• Click on Check for updates, Windows will automatically download the latest updates.

Method 2: Try updating the display driver through device manager and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.

• Select Device Manager.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
        Update driver software.

Method 3: I suggest you to
    install
    drivers, also install Windows 10 chipset drivers from the same link and check.

I suggest you to go to the motherboard manufacturer website and download/install all the devices driver.

X99-DELUXE - Support

Also, install the updated graphic driver from the manufacturer website.

https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/STRIXGTX980DC2OC4GD5/HelpDesk_Download/

Since the computer freezes while booting and as it take too long time to boot to desktop screen, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

Method 4:

I suggest you to follow the Fast startup option Settings, if you are able to boot to the desktop screen.

• You may also try enabling the Fast Startup.

• Press Windows
      + X key and click Control Panel.

• Click on Power options.

• Click on "Choose what the power buttons do".

• Click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable". If it prompts to click on yes, then click
      yes.

• Uncheck "Turn on fast startup (Recommended)" under shutdown settings.

• Click Save changes
      to configure the settings.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Jan 30, 2023
  4. Help, i encounter freeze after loading to desktop

Desktop freeze after log in

Hi Keith,

In order for us to find out what causes your desktop to freeze after logging in, we would like to gather more information:

• Did you make any recent changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • When the computer freezes, do you get an error message?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

Help, i encounter freeze after loading to desktop

1. Help, i encounter freeze after loading to desktop - Similar Threads - Help encounter freeze

2. After Update Restart , Desktop not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Update Restart , Desktop not loading: Desktop is not loading and refreshing again and again ,just able to open Edge which is on desktop but no other app .I can't open settings also. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-update-restart-desktop-not-loading/4072d107-ebcf-4914-a5c3-98cbd0bab669
  3. Computer freezes loading desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer freezes loading desktop: Power on, get login screen, login and computer starts coming up with desktop display, and freezes before icons and apps load. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-freezes-loading-desktop/0c10a7c4-4a1c-49b2-9fca-83da8ee815ef
  4. My desktop freezes after I right click. Help please!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My desktop freezes after I right click. Help please!: So today I restored my pc to its factory settings and my pc has since been acting really weird. When I right click on my desktop, everything freezes. But here’s the weird thing I can still use the taskbar, for example on my taskbar I got google, and I’m able to open up google...
  5. Desktop not loading after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop not loading after 1903 update: Looking for ideas! After updating to 1903, I type my password on the login screen, and then it starts to load into my profile. However the desktop doesn't load. The toolbar and start appears but flickers on and off every second continuously as if it's crashing then...
  6. My Computer Freezes and then restarts after I load up a game. please help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer Freezes and then restarts after I load up a game. please help me: im having a problem where everytime I start a game from the Microsoft store, it freezes my computer and then, my computer restarts. I have a pretty good gaming computer,and ive checked that its not over heating. The weird thing is that this problem only happens with two games...
  7. Windows 10 boots but freezes while loading desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 boots but freezes while loading desktop: Windows 10 64 bit machine has suddenly stopped working. Not joined to any domain and no password so goes straight into launching the desktop. But as startup items are loading the mouse or keyboard do not respond. Caps lock light etc do not respond light up either when pressed...
  8. Win10 freezes at loading or desktop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 freezes at loading or desktop.: Hi, Windows 10 is freezing on my custom PC. It does boot to safe mode, though. I was able to do a little work on it there, but it didn't resolve the issue. I checked my reliability report and found a few items. Here they are. Adobe Acrobat DC Windows Installer reconfigured...
  9. Freezes after windows 10 loads

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Freezes after windows 10 loads: Built a new computer and it all worked fine. Moved it to another area and now it freezes after Win 10 loads. Ran a compatibility report and all are to work together. Tried to reinstall Win10 and it can't even do that. 70055
  10. Slow loading desktop and freezing issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow loading desktop and freezing issues: So for the past month I been having issues with logging in my computer. It would load my desktop slowly or freeze if I leave it the I see the mouse with the loading icon and it will load for an hour. I try restarting multi times. I also went into safe mode and it loads fine I...