Windows 10: Help, I had a failed factory reset, now Windows won't boot up

Discus and support Help, I had a failed factory reset, now Windows won't boot up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please help. Recently, I decided to do a factory reset, to cleanly wipe my drive, with the exception of Windows. When the reset was about 30% through,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Isoldmyname, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Help, I had a failed factory reset, now Windows won't boot up

Please help. Recently, I decided to do a factory reset, to cleanly wipe my drive, with the exception of Windows. When the reset was about 30% through, the reset failed. Now, when I try and use my laptop, it only gets to the ASUS logo, then goes to a black screen with a flashing underscore symbol on the top left corner. I've tried doing F9, SHIFT+F9, and everything else in between. My laptop is an ASUS G74SX, and I don't have a recovery partition for the laptop. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. I also cannot get any external programs for the laptop, such as ISOs, etc.

:)

Isoldmyname, Feb 14, 2016

2. Reinstalling Windows 10 after recovering back to Windows 8 using the manufacturer's recovery program

I had the same experience with Windows 10 failing to complete its boot up after upgrading. I have tried resetting but have not gone quite so far as back to factory settings. Must I? Is there no other solution?

CharlesMcParland, Feb 14, 2016
  3. windows 10 factory reset not finished blank screen no backup!

I have bought a new HP laptop with windows 10 in it. Due to many unreasonable issues I tried to reset the laptop to factory settings. Factory reset only proceeded till 54%. Later on an error sprung up and it was not completed. I had to exit from the factory
    reset screen. Soon after that the laptop restarted. Now, it won't go past hp logo screen. I don't have any partition or backup? What to do about it? I am very frustrated. Please help.

Abdul RehmanLiaqat, Feb 14, 2016
  4. lgentry Win User

Help, I had a failed factory reset, now Windows won't boot up

lgentry, Feb 14, 2016
Thema:

Help, I had a failed factory reset, now Windows won't boot up

1. Help, I had a failed factory reset, now Windows won't boot up - Similar Threads - Help failed factory

2. Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset: I completed a total wipe using factory reset on my windows 11 Lenovo ideapad 330 laptop Settings>System>Recovery>Reset this PC>Remove all Files and reinstall Windows from hard drive and it will not reboot. It goes to the screen as shown in the attached pic, stays on that...
  3. Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset: I completed a total wipe using factory reset on my windows 11 Lenovo ideapad 330 laptop Settings>System>Recovery>Reset this PC>Remove all Files and reinstall Windows from hard drive and it will not reboot. It goes to the screen as shown in the attached pic, stays on that...
  4. Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset: I completed a total wipe using factory reset on my windows 11 Lenovo ideapad 330 laptop and it will not reboot. It goes to the screen as shown in the attached pic, stays on that screen for approx. 30 seconds and then the screen goes blank for approx. 20 seconds and the Lenovo...
  5. Computer won't boot up after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't boot up after factory reset: I factory reset my PC after getting a new computer but the second after everything was completed the computer is in a constant state of booting up, starts to load, abruptly stops loading, shuts off, restarts, begins to boot up, starts to load rinse and repeat. I cannot access...
  6. Windows failed factory reset now wont boot

Windows failed factory reset now wont boot: I tried to factory reset my laptop but it failed now when i try to turn the laptop onto it goes to the fujitsu logo and then a black screen then goes back to logo in a continuous loop. How can i fix this? Thanks...
  7. Windows 10 froze, had to hard reset, now won't boot

Windows 10 froze, had to hard reset, now won't boot: I was working with my laptop (which has Windows 10) today, and for unknown reasons it just froze (couldn't use the mouse, Curl+All+Delete wouldn't work) so after 10 minutes or so had no other choice so I had to do hard reset, after that It wont start/boot the windows, it goes...
  8. Computer Factory Reset Now Its Not Booting up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Factory Reset Now Its Not Booting up: I recently have been having so much problems with my brand new alienware computer. From my search bar not working what so ever to my disk defrag not even allowing me to clean my computer for a month now. i decided to just reset my pc and start over fresh (again) and now that...
  9. I had a failed factory reset, now Windows won't boot up

I had a failed factory reset, now Windows won't boot up: Please help. Recently my laptop was very slow. Today i decided to do a factory reset and when it was about 80% through, the reset failed. Now, when I try and use my laptop , it only gets to the HP logo, then goes to a black screen with a flashing underscore symbol on the top...
  10. Windows won't boot or do a factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't boot or do a factory reset: I'm beginning to reach the end of the road with my laptop, and I'd rather get it working than get a new one, but I'm a tad bit of a noob, so please explain things clearly, thanks. Upon my intense dissatisfaction with windows 10, I decided to switch to linux, and I...