Windows 10: Help! I hate Windows 10!

Discus and support Help! I hate Windows 10! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Okay, maybe I don't actually hate it, but I'm definitely not happy with it. If this isn't the right sub for me to ask my questions, please point me in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Amethystfostermama, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Help! I hate Windows 10!

Okay, maybe I don't actually hate it, but I'm definitely not happy with it. If this isn't the right sub for me to ask my questions, please point me in the right direction.

For the past five years or so, my only access to the internet was a Kindle Fire. It was okay, but a good friend bought me an HP Stream with Windows 10 for Christmas. I've used computers for over thirty years, but I've never been as frustrated as I am with this one. How do I know which programs I can safely remove? There are no introductions or instructions on these programs, and I don't even know what a lot of them are!

I'm an older woman, and I surf the web and play games, nothing else. I did disable (I think) the part where I can only get things from the Microsoft store. They don't have a lot of what I like.

So, can I delete 3D Viewer, Mixed Reality Portal, Paint 3D, Publisher, Snip & Sketch, Video Editor and the Xbox programs? I will never use any of these, and I'd like to just get rid of them.

Finally, what is the best browser to use instead of Microsoft Edge? I'm sick of that popping up every time I start my computer. I'm not searching for anything online, I just want to play my games! And I hate that that a third to a half of the screen is taken up by empty space, or empty space and banners when I do go online.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

submitted by /u/Amethystfostermama
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Amethystfostermama, Feb 8, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Help! I hate Windows 10!

Windows 8 Haters Club. For anyone who hates Windows 8.

Description:
    • For anyone who hates Windows 8. A single post here is all that's needed to become a member.
    • Also for anyone who does not hate Windows 8 but refuses to upgrade because Windows 7 is perfect.
    Requirements:
    • Be human. Male or female will suffice.
    • Hate Windows 8.
    To Join:
    • Make a post.
    Benefits:
    • You will find true love one day.
    • You have have a chance to get rich one day.
    • You will have a chance for your dreams to come true one day.

vawrvawerawe, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Help! I hate Windows 10!

1. Help! I hate Windows 10! - Similar Threads - Help hate

2. PH315-55 laptop lag issue acer is not doing anything pls microsoft do smth pls help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PH315-55 laptop lag issue acer is not doing anything pls microsoft do smth pls help: I have been having this issue from the month of july, system process is not allowing the gpu to go to idle state and this causes lag in laptop, this lag happens periodically every minute happens, in every app, in videos , when scrolling when typing. If I sign out of windows...
  3. Can someone help me fix this issue so I can quit hating Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone help me fix this issue so I can quit hating Windows?: I used to use OSX. I now have Windows 10 and absolutely hate it even though I've literally been using it for 10 years lol. The way Windows handles files and programs compared to OSX is super annoying. OSX seems to keep all program files as a single cohesive unit. When I...
  4. PLSSSS HELP -----Do I have to update these drives. I hate updating becz it makes more...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PLSSSS HELP -----Do I have to update these drives. I hate updating becz it makes more...: Do I have to update these drives? I hate updating becz it makes more problems and goes on my nerve... my laptop works perfectly fine btw. My question is can I just live with it or if I don't update my laptop will be harmed. Idc about bugs but if it is going to be major then I...
  5. Arghh! I hate Microsoft. Please Help. Registering with Skype changed my username. Unable to...

Arghh! I hate Microsoft. Please Help. Registering with Skype changed my username. Unable to...: Windows 10 I recently got a new Laptop. I didn't have a Microfoft account so created a new email. I setup Windows and all was good for a little while. Until last night, I decided to install Skype. I don't have a Skype account so registered my new and unused Outlook email...
  6. I HATE the login pin. I can't get rid of it. HELP

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I HATE the login pin. I can't get rid of it. HELP: Win10 Pro I just got a brand new laptop, but it has Win10 Pro instead of Home like on my last PC. During setup it would not let me proceed without entering the pin. I hate using the pin. I just want to use my password, but there was no way with proceeding without it. I have...
  7. Computer hate (help me lmao) (see comments)

Computer hate (help me lmao) (see comments): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/charlezel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iknyc8/computer_hate_help_me_lmao_see_comments/
  8. WHAT IS THIS?? I hate it please help me disable it. I have tried everything. Lenovo Think...

WHAT IS THIS?? I hate it please help me disable it. I have tried everything. Lenovo Think...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DustinDirt [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f7nr51/what_is_this_i_hate_it_please_help_me_disable_it/
  9. Windows update on my HP Laptop I can't disable the Touchpad... I hate it! Help me

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows update on my HP Laptop I can't disable the Touchpad... I hate it! Help me: Windows update on my HP Laptop I can't disable the Touchpad... I hate it! Help me Everything was fine until the update... man this pisses me off.... I've done settings and control panel... ????...
  10. I hate windows 10 please help

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I hate windows 10 please help: I made an account here just to post about my extreme hate and dislike for windows 10 and what it has done for my precious laptop. The story is like this my parents bought me this laptop an ACER Aspire E15 touch in February everything was fine , dandy. And smiles nothing at...