Windows 10: Help, i have been having problems with my keyboard recently

Discus and support Help, i have been having problems with my keyboard recently in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can't seem to use the letter r or the semicolon, I also cant press backspace, I've had to resort to copy-pasting the letter r and highlighting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by _Elliott_, Nov 18, 2020.

1. _Elliott_ Win User

Help, i have been having problems with my keyboard recently

I can't seem to use the letter r or the semicolon, I also cant press backspace, I've had to resort to copy-pasting the letter r and highlighting the word I want to delete. This all started when I was playing Roblox phantom forces. This is a very annoying problem and I need help asap!

:)

_Elliott_, Nov 18, 2020

2. I"m having a problem with the keyboard in Windows 10

Hi Robert,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Karen Her Win User

Mouse and keyboard driver unknown after recent update

Hi,

This issue normally occurs due to outdated or incompatible keyboard and mouse drivers. We suggest you to run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar, and press Enter on the keyboard.
    • Click View All.
    • Right-click on Hardware and Devices from the list.
    • Select Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article to resolve your concern.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Help, i have been having problems with my keyboard recently - Similar Threads - Help been having

2. I have been having BSOD consistently recently. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been having BSOD consistently recently. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and...: I have been getting IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and other related BSOD recently. They seem to point toward a driver issue, but I have no idea how to find the problematic drivers. How would I be able to find the root of the issue?Here are the minidump files:...
  3. I have been having BSOD consistently recently. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have been having BSOD consistently recently. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and...: I have been getting IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and other related BSOD recently. They seem to point toward a driver issue, but I have no idea how to find the problematic drivers. How would I be able to find the root of the issue?Here are the minidump files:...
  4. Recently been having internet problems on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently been having internet problems on my computer: My internet has been fine until about a couple weeks ago, now when I'm playing games I'm constantly disconnecting. I thought it was just a bug in Rainbow 6 siege at first since its happened to other people, but I tried Roblox and I'm disconnecting even more often. Sometimes I...
  5. Recently been having internet problems on my computer

Recently been having internet problems on my computer: My internet has been fine until about a couple weeks ago, now when I'm playing games I'm constantly disconnecting. I thought it was just a bug in Rainbow 6 siege at first since its happened to other people, but I tried Roblox and I'm disconnecting even more often. Sometimes I...
  6. Recently been having internet problems on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. I recently have been having problem with opening video files on windows as of recently...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently have been having problem with opening video files on windows as of recently...: It happens to any video file no matter what size. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-have-been-having-problem-with-opening/344a24da-e2c7-45d5-ba32-e236ed88fd7a
  8. I recently have been having problem with opening video files on windows as of recently...

I recently have been having problem with opening video files on windows as of recently...: It happens to any video file no matter what size. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-have-been-having-problem-with-opening/344a24da-e2c7-45d5-ba32-e236ed88fd7a
  9. I have been facing problems with my windows recently.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have been facing problems with my windows recently.: My windows keeps crashing from time to time. Blue screen of death keeps appearing from time to time.I have added a photo of the screen for clarity. I tried looking online also but nothing worked for me. It would be great if anyone can help. [ATTACH]...
  10. I have a problem with my keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have a problem with my keyboard: Dear All, I am new to ten forums. Hello. I have a problem with my keyboard. When I type with it I can enter about 8 or nine characters (sometimes more) and no more at all UNTIL I move the mouse to end of the text I just typed and left click then the cursor appears. At...