Windows 10: Help! I have f**ked up my pc messing with bios settings and disk part!

Discus and support Help! I have f**ked up my pc messing with bios settings and disk part! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have done A LOT of messing with settings while trying to boot my pc..idk why it's been stuck on the spinning circle. I am so lost at this point,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bobbielynjordan, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Help! I have f**ked up my pc messing with bios settings and disk part!

I have done A LOT of messing with settings while trying to boot my pc..idk why it's been stuck on the spinning circle. I am so lost at this point, please someone?? I have an hp stream 11 and I'm clueless...

:)

Bobbielynjordan, Aug 2, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

local disk f

This looks like the F: drive is the EFI partition having a size of 300MB. Open Admin Command (Win+X->Command Prompt (Admin)) and type:
    diskpart
    select disk 0
    list partition =====> take a note of the partition # having 300MB. My guess is partition 2
    select partition # =====> replace # with the number in step above
    remove =====> remove the drive letter
    exit

This should remove the drive letter and won't show up in "This PC"

P.S
    do not delete this partition, you won't be able to boot.

topgundcp, Aug 2, 2018
  3. zbook Win User
    Help with hard disk "corruption"

The information about clone versus image was to report the problem related to disk signatures. If you are not experiencing that problem then you can move on to other steps. It was not a suggestion to clone or not clone. It was to report an unforeseen problem that can occur.

If you are able to run chkdsk /x /f /r on the drive it can place files on parts of the drive where there are no bad blocks.

zbook, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Help! I have f**ked up my pc messing with bios settings and disk part!

Windows 10 missing F drive

Hi Judy,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

We regret for the inconvenience caused. Let us know some more details:

• Have you used any third part software to manage Disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?
    • Have you performed a Clean Install?
    I suggest you to check for the drive in Disk Management and see if it appears there. Follow the steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc, and then click OK.
    See if the drive F: appears and does it appear as unallocated?

Get back to us with the information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

Help! I have f**ked up my pc messing with bios settings and disk part!

1. Help! I have f**ked up my pc messing with bios settings and disk part! - Similar Threads - Help f**ked messing

2. Disks are messed up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disks are messed up: There is this computer, more specifically a Life Digital Zed PC running Windows 10 Home, with 4 GB RAM, Intel® Celeron N3350, Intel HD 500 GPU, and more specs, and there's a drive problem. As you know, all important system files are always in Drive C:/, whereas Drive D:/ and...
  3. I messed up with my cloning, help?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    I messed up with my cloning, help?: [img] So what I was trying to do was to clone my SSD to HHD so that I can install my new SSD. Now the HHD I cloned to was previously 1TB but not it's saying it's 120GB exactly the same as my SSD? I have no idea what's going on and it's not going going well this cloning...
  4. I messed up with my cloning, help?

in Windows 10 Support
    I messed up with my cloning, help?: [img] So what I was trying to do was to clone my SSD to HHD so that I can install my new SSD. Now the HHD I cloned to was previously 1TB but not it's saying it's 120GB exactly the same as my SSD? I have no idea what's going on and it's not going going well this cloning...
  5. Help, I think I F-up my windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, I think I F-up my windows.: Today I was installing DOOM from the Xbox season pass app and I selected the ssd, but then I changed my mind and canceled the installation because I thought It would be better to install it on my HDD, then I noticed the space the app took to install DOOM was still occupied, I...
  6. W10 Updates have messed up my PC

W10 Updates have messed up my PC: Windows 10 has updated a few times over the last few days, and it has turned my computer into an unstable mess. My firewall (comodo) constantly crashes, firefox sometimes won't load pages when the address is typed into the bar, there's a 50/50 chance that chrome will crash...
  7. Microsoft Techs F**ked up my computer and then was no help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Techs F**ked up my computer and then was no help: So what started out as needing help with an upgrade that wasn't taking at 11am ended up with my whole computer wiped clean and no one can help. 5 different ways & 5 different techs - which none work. 1 managed to wipe my computer clean and no operating system. After...
  8. I f*cked up my pc

I f*cked up my pc: I accident skrink c drive using the AOMEI tools To d drive to get more storage on that drive to download cod warzone My pc is stuck on a blue screen error plz help How can i fix it? submitted by /u/Yehmanthatcool [link] [comments]...
  9. Help! I have messed up my pc messing with bios settings and disk part!

in Windows 10 Support
    Help! I have messed up my pc messing with bios settings and disk part!: I have done A LOT of messing with settings while trying to boot my pc..idk why it's been stuck on the spinning circle. I am so lost at this point, please someone?? I have an hp stream 11 and I'm clueless... 115235
  10. Messed up Bios settings. Please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Messed up Bios settings. Please help: I Changed BIOS OS mode selection setting from CSM to "UEFI and Legacy." Now laptop boots to blank screen. No bios splash screen. I hear the optical drive being recognize and the fans turn on. Fans intermittently speed up and slow down. Samsung NP365E5C-S05US with Windows...