Windows 10: Help! I have too many partitions and I dont know which ones I need

Discus and support Help! I have too many partitions and I dont know which ones I need in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have only one HDD in my laptop, and it has far too many partitions. There are a few I recognise, such as C: and two more wich were made when I dual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by abrahammurciano, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Help! I have too many partitions and I dont know which ones I need

I have only one HDD in my laptop, and it has far too many partitions. There are a few I recognise, such as C: and two more wich were made when I dual booted Chrome OS. Now I am trying to triple boot Linux Ubuntu as well, but when faced with the option of which partition to use, there were 31 partitions! I cancelled it, and returned to windows to see what these partitons were, but I am absolutely lost!*Confused

I would like to know which ones I can delete because otherwise I cannot install Linux, so if anyone could help me out here I would be extremely greatfull!

Here is a screenshot of my partitons with all their details:

Help! I have too many partitions and I dont know which ones I need [​IMG]

Edit: I deleted most of the partitions which seemed useless to me (I don't think I should have done that... but YOLO*Sleepy) Here is a screenshot of the partitions from windows disk management now:

Help! I have too many partitions and I dont know which ones I need [​IMG]

:)

abrahammurciano, Jun 15, 2016
  2. Alden Rey Win User

Help!, i need to downgrade and i dont know How

Hi Eibon,

Reverting from Windows 10 to Windows 7 wouldn't be possible if you don't have a licensed product key for the specified operating system. We would suggest to return the product to the seller and have a Windows 7 operating system instead.

Alternatively, you can download Windows 7 by simply clicking the article below:

Download Windows 7 Disc Images (ISO Files)

If you don't have a license product key, you can contact our Microsoft Licensing Activation Center by clicking on this

link

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jun 15, 2016
  3. Help!, i need to downgrade and i dont know How

Hi!, Im From Argentina.

I work with several programs that needs Windows 7 and are not optimized for windows 10,

I just Bought a new computer and coudnt find a licens for Windows 7 so a seller told me that i could Buy a Windows 10 Licens and Downgrade the software to use W7.

....So, i bought the W10.. Now i dont know how to downgrade the new fresh instal of windows 10 or if its actually posible.

What can i do?

Thanks for the help!.

Eibon T Raven, Jun 15, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

Help! I have too many partitions and I dont know which ones I need

Post a screen shot from windows disk management: (Win+X->Disk Management) include the graphical portion of partition layout then we'll go from there.

topgundcp, Jun 15, 2016
  5. Done. I edited the original to include the new screenshot

6. topgundcp Win User
    Before we go on. Your D drive shows it's RAW, meaning you cannot access this drive. Do you have any data on this drive ?

topgundcp, Jun 15, 2016
  7. Yes. I think so. I believe this is the drive with Chrome OS's data. The other partition manager says it is ext3 tho....

8. topgundcp Win User

Did you install UBUNTU on this disk ? from the first screen shot ext2/ext3 are linux system files

topgundcp, Jun 15, 2016
  9. I tried to, but the installation failed. I think it was due to too many partitions.

10. topgundcp Win User
    Has nothing to do with many partitions since you use GPT disk style. There's a special instruction to install UBUNTU on a GPT disk. You'd need to go to UBUNTU forum for the instruction.

topgundcp, Jun 15, 2016
  11. One more thing... If I re-install windows from a CD, will all the partitons be joined with the C: drive?
    If not, what do I have to do to end up with only the bare minimum required nuber of partitions.

p.s. I am willing to get rid of chrome OS to acheive this and then re-install it again later

12. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Jun 15, 2016
  13. Help! I have too many partitions and I dont know which ones I need

Thanks a lot. The mini tool partition wizard was extremely simple to use and did the job effectively. I ended up deleting all the partitions except my C: drive and 4 others which I think I still need. I deleted chrome OS for now, and I added all the unassigned space to the C: drive. I will now try to reinstall chrome OS and then Linux.
    Thanks again, you have been very helpful!

abrahammurciano, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Help! I have too many partitions and I dont know which ones I need - Similar Threads - Help too many

2. I dont have the WIFI driver in my device manager and I dont know which one I should install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I dont have the WIFI driver in my device manager and I dont know which one I should install: I dont have the WIFI driver in my device manager and I dont know which one I should install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-the-wifi-driver-in-my-device-manager/c323ee99-a23e-4299-b34b-9518af5f4871
  3. I dont have the WIFI driver in my device manager and I dont know which one I should install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I dont have the WIFI driver in my device manager and I dont know which one I should install: I dont have the WIFI driver in my device manager and I dont know which one I should install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-the-wifi-driver-in-my-device-manager/c323ee99-a23e-4299-b34b-9518af5f4871
  4. i need help ! i dont know what to do now..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i need help ! i dont know what to do now..: Goodevening Moderators!So yesterday an update failed on my windows 10 laptop lenovo ideapad 320and today i cant access display setting in system settings, cant adjust the birghtness it closes automatically if i click on it.the Intel uhd graphics 620 is also getting an error...
  5. i need help ! i dont know what to do now..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help ! i dont know what to do now..: Goodevening Moderators!So yesterday an update failed on my windows 10 laptop lenovo ideapad 320and today i cant access display setting in system settings, cant adjust the birghtness it closes automatically if i click on it.the Intel uhd graphics 620 is also getting an error...
  6. i need help ! i dont know what to do now..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. i need help ! i dont know what to do now..

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. I have too many keyboards. Help!

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have too many keyboards. Help!: As you can see there are tons of Unknown Locale keyboards and so on.It makes switching to the keyboards I want into a huge pain.I believe this started happening when there was a bug that made it hard to select my region, so several regions were selected one after the other in...
  9. I have to many partitions and I don't know why

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have to many partitions and I don't know why: Hello, I was cleaning some space today and while checking my partitions I found out I've got way to many and don't know why. Which one would it be safe to delete? Or what can I do to remove some of them? It looks very unpleasant and messy. [ATTACH]...
  10. Need help with drive partitions, not sure why I have so many ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with drive partitions, not sure why I have so many ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SanarySurMer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/foyou3/need_help_with_drive_partitions_not_sure_why_i/