Windows 10: Help! I installed an ssd thats supposed to be my boot drive but things have become too...

Discus and support Help! I installed an ssd thats supposed to be my boot drive but things have become too... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I installed an 240 gb m.2 ssd on my laptop and was successful in putting windows os in it. Now im trying to save files into either drive but I keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tomtom1129, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Help! I installed an ssd thats supposed to be my boot drive but things have become too...

I installed an 240 gb m.2 ssd on my laptop and was successful in putting windows os in it. Now im trying to save files into either drive but I keep getting "you don't have permission to save in this location". I am trying to manually move my desktop apps to the new drive but I dont know what to do, I still have the old drive with os connected because I wanted it to be my secondary drive as storage.I keep looking at videos and articles on it but im getting information overload and still with no direction as to what I should do. If anyone can point me to a direction that could help I would really appreciate it. If you have any suggestions on how I can do this more efficiently that would be wonderful.

submitted by /u/tomtom1129
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tomtom1129, Sep 14, 2020

2. SSD as Boot Drive? How?

Well, I have Windows installed on the SSD, along with the drivers and browser. Now, I'm trying to install other stuff (Steam, games, etc.), but the mechanical drive isn't showing. I'm sure I missed a step?

Chosen Juan, Sep 14, 2020
  3. SSD as Boot Drive? How?

Hey,

Well, I have new parts coming in tomorrow and the thing that I'm pretty clueless about is the SSD. I ordered a Crucial M4 64GB as a boot drive, and a Spinpoint F3 for a storage drive. How would I go about installing Windows 7 64-bit on the SSD, and have everything else on the Spinpoint F3 (Users, etc.)?

After googling, this is what I've found: http://www.overclock.net/ssd/664738-how-setup-ssd-boot-drive-secondary.html

Is that how you guys did it that wanted an SSD just as a boot drive? Or is there a simpler way?

Also, should I enable AHCI in the BIOS?

Thanks in advance!

Chosen Juan, Sep 14, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Help! I installed an ssd thats supposed to be my boot drive but things have become too...

Wondering about a second hard drive and installing Vista on it and also a ..

Annoying having to go into the bios each time though. And for me not a option unless i run 2 arrays.

AsRock, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Help! I installed an ssd thats supposed to be my boot drive but things have become too...

1. Help! I installed an ssd thats supposed to be my boot drive but things have become too... - Similar Threads - Help installed ssd

2. My ssd won’t become the system drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My ssd won’t become the system drive: I brought a new ssd for my pc Crucial P3 Plus. I installed it, then cloned my hdd onto my ssd as I want my windows on ssd. I went onto bios, put my ssd at the top of boot priority. However, the ssd still remained as a storage drive rather than the main system drive. My...
  3. My ssd won’t become the system drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My ssd won’t become the system drive: I brought a new ssd for my pc Crucial P3 Plus. I installed it, then cloned my hdd onto my ssd as I want my windows on ssd. I went onto bios, put my ssd at the top of boot priority. However, the ssd still remained as a storage drive rather than the main system drive. My...
  4. My ssd won’t become the system drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Is my boot manager suppose to be my m.2 SSD NVMe?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is my boot manager suppose to be my m.2 SSD NVMe?: I have just installed windows on my m.2 SSD NVMe and after doing so I decided to go to my other driveSSD to copy down some notes I have there, but then when I tried to go back to m.2 SSD drive it was only possible if I set my boot manager as the top priority. So my question...
  6. Is my boot manager suppose to be my m.2 SSD NVMe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my boot manager suppose to be my m.2 SSD NVMe?: I have just installed windows on my m.2 SSD NVMe and after doing so I decided to go to my other driveSSD to copy down some notes I have there, but then when I tried to go back to m.2 SSD drive it was only possible if I set my boot manager as the top priority. So my question...
  7. Is my boot manager suppose to be my m.2 SSD NVMe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Help with SSD boot drive change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help with SSD boot drive change: So I have a 240gb and 500gb ssd. I have upgraded and cloned over the years. So Win10 install is on C-500gb drive (C/500). When I removed the 240gb D drive (D/240) to repurpose elsewhere, Windows would not boot, bios error BootManger missing, or something like that. So popped...
  9. Can anyone help me with this keyboard issue. I suppose it's an accessibility thing. But I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can anyone help me with this keyboard issue. I suppose it's an accessibility thing. But I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/HardGamerYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/je93bz/can_anyone_help_me_with_this_keyboard_issue_i/
  10. I wanted too install it on my ssd and just put the usb in and started too install it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I wanted too install it on my ssd and just put the usb in and started too install it: So when I put my pc together I didnt have my ssd yet, so my I decided too install my windows 10 on my hdd. Now a couple of months later I wanted too install it on my ssd and just put the usb in and started too install it (still with it on my hdd), it went fine and all but now...