Windows 10: Help I lost my OS when I tried to update from 8.1 to Win 10

Discus and support Help I lost my OS when I tried to update from 8.1 to Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I got failed in step " configuring sittings " of installing , my laptop restart then show me only black light screen and keep on that for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by yesme, Aug 1, 2015.

1. yesme Win User

Help I lost my OS when I tried to update from 8.1 to Win 10

Hi everyone,
    I got failed in step " configuring sittings " of installing , my laptop restart then show me only black light screen and keep on that for a while and that why I decided to shut down, and after I turn my laptop on, it started to loging in but just shows a windows logo and restart again.
    Now I wasn't able to go back to previous windows and in the same time win 10 didn't work, I need your help.

I used a windows on USB to go inside and I found that all my files still there and I found also windows.old, but I notice that there two new drives x:\root and G:\system

Help I lost my OS when I tried to update from 8.1 to Win 10 [​IMG]

As you see Windows old

:)

yesme, Aug 1, 2015

2. Help I lost my OS when I tried to update from 8.1 to Win 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time. Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

If you see the black screen or have a flickering screen before sign-in:

• Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:
      • To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, DisplayPort to VGA, or any other combination.
    • Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.
      • Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work)
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Cortan Win User

Hi everyone,

I got failed in step " configuring sittings " of installing , my laptop restart then show me only black light screen and keep on that for a while and that why I decided to shut down, and after I turn my laptop on, it started to loging in but just shows
    a windows logo and restart again.

Now I wasn't able to go back to previous windows and in the same time win 10 didn't work, I need your help.

I used a windows on USB to go inside and I found that all my files still there and I found also windows.old, but I notice that there two new drives x:\root and G:\system

As you see Windows old

Cortan, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Help I lost my OS when I tried to update from 8.1 to Win 10 - Similar Threads - Help lost tried

2. I need help with Win 8 it can't update to get Win 8.1 then I can get Win 10 again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with Win 8 it can't update to get Win 8.1 then I can get Win 10 again.: HELLO after I got a update my windows 10 it would not start up normally and the screen was purple and logo would never come up and the mouse arrow was not working either.I bought this Lenovo Idealpad Z580 back when Win 8 came out. then my laptop was able to get Win 8.1 then...
  3. I need help with Win 8 it can't update to get Win 8.1 then I can get Win 10 again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with Win 8 it can't update to get Win 8.1 then I can get Win 10 again.: HELLO after I got a update my windows 10 it would not start up normally and the screen was purple and logo would never come up and the mouse arrow was not working either.I bought this Lenovo Idealpad Z580 back when Win 8 came out. then my laptop was able to get Win 8.1 then...
  4. I need help with Win 8 it can't update to get Win 8.1 then I can get Win 10 again.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1: I have downloaded Win 8.1 and in an attempt to install it on my system currently running on Win 8, it's taking more than 8 hours and it's still stuck at 0% complete.Therefore something is not right.I have a strong internet connection.Please someone help!...
  6. Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1

Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1: I have downloaded Win 8.1 and in an attempt to install it on my system currently running on Win 8, it's taking more than 8 hours and it's still stuck at 0% complete.Therefore something is not right.I have a strong internet connection.Please someone help!...
  7. Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1: I have downloaded Win 8.1 from Microsoft site and on unzipping to install and upgrade my Win 8, it's taking like forever for the installation to progress past 0% complete.Please what do I do?...
  8. Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1

Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1: I have downloaded Win 8.1 from Microsoft site and on unzipping to install and upgrade my Win 8, it's taking like forever for the installation to progress past 0% complete.Please what do I do?...
  9. original win 8 but after upgrade I lost my original win 8 version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    original win 8 but after upgrade I lost my original win 8 version: I bought an ASUS notebook around 2013 - 2014 with build in windows 8 inside. few months after windows give an update to windows 8.1. I just follow the instruction and since the update, my windows recognized as not activated windows. Till now 2019 after update my windows to...
  10. I lost OS on my Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I lost OS on my Laptop: I lost OS on my laptop/can not down load MSFT window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-os-on-my-laptop/09980fa2-9bd6-44fe-a2f0-e4e5eced843e