Windows 10: Help I need permission

Discus and support Help I need permission in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there everyone, I'm hoping I can find some help here I've really exhausted all my resources around me. So my problem is with file sharing. I got a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Karbonxiii, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Help I need permission

Hi there everyone, I'm hoping I can find some help here I've really exhausted all my resources around me.

So my problem is with file sharing. I got a second computer to put in my sound booth for recording and am trying to locally setup a shared folder between it and my main PC. (connected over wifi, as network cable would require wires across the entire house)

My first attempt, I selected a folder on my MAIN pc to connect to with my REMOTE computer. I was able to get the remote computer to see the main pc, but was unable to connect saying something about not being able to connect to the PC, I cant really remember the error.

I kept fooling around trying to figure it out, and now the remote PC doesn't see the main PC, but the main PC can see the remote.

Soo, I set up a folder on the remote computer and gave permission to Everybody with FULL CONTROL.
    Now my main PC can see the Remote, and can open up the shared folder, even take files out.
    But I cannot add/or change anything.

Says I need permission to perform this action.

I'm fine with the shared folder being on the remote PC, its not the end of the world, and it seems like my closest solution.
    I just cant figure out how to give my main PC the permission it requires.

Can anyone help me? I'm helpless when it comes to networking. Its the most convoluted mess.

:)

Karbonxiii, Jun 13, 2020

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jun 13, 2020
  3. help on permission

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

To better understand and to help you resolve the issue please let us know

• How exactly are you facing issue with Permissions?
    • Are you trying to install any Software?
    • Are you trying to get access of any file folder ?
    Meanwhile I suggest you to refer to the Link below and try the troubleshooting steps provided by Pavan_N on a similar issue and see if It helps to resolve the issue.

Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access denied. Permissions Issue with Windows 10

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Help I need permission

Restore Security Permissions

Hello Deepak,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have cancelled the security permissions while setting it to folders and you are trying to restore back. We will help you.

• Which folder are you trying to set the permissions?
    • What are you referring to " files is affected "?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the file explorer and select the destination folder
      for which you wanted to revert back the permission changes.
    • Right click on the folder. Select the Previous versions
      tab.
    • Select the previous version in the below list and click
      apply
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Help I need permission

1. Help I need permission - Similar Threads - Help need permission

2. I need help with deleting a file, asking for permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need help with deleting a file, asking for permission: Hi,i wanted to delete a file but I couldn't because it said that some other program is using it. I have checked and couldn't find any program using it. i have opened properties window and did something there, actually a couple of things which I'm not very clear of, basically...
  3. I need help with deleting a file, asking for permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with deleting a file, asking for permission: Hi,i wanted to delete a file but I couldn't because it said that some other program is using it. I have checked and couldn't find any program using it. i have opened properties window and did something there, actually a couple of things which I'm not very clear of, basically...
  4. I need help with deleting a file, asking for permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need help resetting file permissions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help resetting file permissions.: So... my old pc died and I had to buy new parts and do a fresh install of windows. I forgot that one of my drives have permission lock i think? It has been quite a while. So when I open the videos it goes 'file not found' while it's obviously there it has duration and size...
  6. Need help resetting file permissions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help resetting file permissions.: So... my old pc died and I had to buy new parts and do a fresh install of windows. I forgot that one of my drives have permission lock i think? It has been quite a while. So when I open the videos it goes 'file not found' while it's obviously there it has duration and size...
  7. Need help resetting file permissions.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Need help resetting permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need help resetting permissions: I had a problem with some file encryption and accidentally messed up the permissions on my PC, I have been trying all day but I cannot access files on both of my drives. Would really like some help on quick assist since I have been trying for hours and already failed at all...
  9. Sudden loss of admin permissions, need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sudden loss of admin permissions, need help: Good evening, I noticed this today, but I am not sure when it started. On my desktop computer, I am unable to access anything that requires admin permissions even though I have verified that my account is considered an administrator. For example, if I were to try and open...
  10. Need help with permissions on new HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with permissions on new HDD: I just installed a new 2TB SeaGate HDD as a storage drive to go along with my 256gb SSD and I am trying to make the drive writeable. I have put ownership of the drive under the administrator (me) but still when I add folders they are not writeable and I am unable to change...