Windows 10: HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...

Discus and support HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have no idea what to do I thought I could figure this out but I haven't been on the computer since Windows 7 my phone is about had it so I'm trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tanya Hall, Mar 19, 2024.

1. HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...

I have no idea what to do I thought I could figure this out but I haven't been on the computer since Windows 7 my phone is about had it so I'm trying to extract valuable audio pictures etc I plug it in I saved what I could in a folder for some reason I was thinking if I put it on my desktop it would be more like a shortcut not an actual file boy was I wrong I opened it and there's just pictures all over the desktop it will not let me move anything I have tried to get these one at a time and put them in another file and it's like I can get maybe two pictures every 2 minutes computer will freeze

:)

Tanya Hall, Mar 19, 2024
  2. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Mar 19, 2024
  3. Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Mar 19, 2024
  4. Arun B J Win User

HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...

How do I move photos from the my photo app to the pictures folder on the C drive?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Photo App.

• Select the photo and right click on the photo.

• Select Open Folder.

• From there you will be able to copy all the photos to C: drive
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 19, 2024
Thema:

HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...

1. HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now... - Similar Threads - HELP plugged Android

2. HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...: I have no idea what to do I thought I could figure this out but I haven't been on the computer since Windows 7 my phone is about had it so I'm trying to extract valuable audio pictures etc I plug it in I saved what I could in a folder for some reason I was thinking if I put...
  3. How do i extract the captions on a photo using Microsoft photo desktop app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i extract the captions on a photo using Microsoft photo desktop app?: I received some professional photos and want to extract the captions embedded on the photo file. I'm having trouble as each time i 'ctrl c' copy and paste it is just the photo itself and not the captions. Is there a way to do this?...
  4. How do i extract the captions on a photo using Microsoft photo desktop app?

How do i extract the captions on a photo using Microsoft photo desktop app?: I received some professional photos and want to extract the captions embedded on the photo file. I'm having trouble as each time i 'ctrl c' copy and paste it is just the photo itself and not the captions. Is there a way to do this?...
  5. Can i extract folder?

Can i extract folder?: Can i extract folder? not the zipped one, the normal one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-extract-folder/3866206f-7ac2-4098-b534-fd0e792d45b1
  6. Android/IOS-style folders on desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Android/IOS-style folders on desktop?: I was wondering if there was any way to create a folder for shortcuts/apps on the windows desktop that expands and creates a pop-up on the desktop screen, like the app folders on the home screens of IOS and Android as an alternative to opening a new folder window from the...
  7. Keeping photos (jpegs) open on desktop and in file folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Keeping photos (jpegs) open on desktop and in file folders: When I save a Jpeg photo to my desktop or in file folders they do not show the photo. All they show is a blue coloured square with the word jpeg. In Windows 7 all my Jpegs would stay open(showing the photo) both on the desktop and in my file folders. Why can't I do this in...
  8. Cannot open documents I put into new folders on my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open documents I put into new folders on my desktop: Cannot open documents I put into new folders on my desktop how can I take my computer back one day tp undo what I did today. Thanks * Moved from IE10/other....
  9. how do I put recent import photos into a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I put recent import photos into a folder: How do I put latest import photos into a file and give it a file name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-put-recent-import-photos-into-a-folder/e8d9bdbb-9b9b-4c1b-b567-08d8417c336a"
  10. I need advice. I had a folder on my desktop computer with all my photos now the folder is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need advice. I had a folder on my desktop computer with all my photos now the folder is...: I need advice. I had a folder on my desktop computer with all my photos now the folder is missing i did not delete it i have checked in deleted bin. I do not see the photos in my one drive. Any advise how i can recover 20 years of photos ? Really would appreciate all the...