Windows 10: HELP I renamed a folder Recovery and its disappeared!

Discus and support HELP I renamed a folder Recovery and its disappeared! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was reorganising things in my folders and renamed one of them Recovery because it was files I recovered from my SD Card. Its gone! I tried termial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by peteB12, May 19, 2024.

1. peteB12 Win User

HELP I renamed a folder Recovery and its disappeared!

I was reorganising things in my folders and renamed one of them Recovery because it was files I recovered from my SD Card. Its gone! I tried termial but is recovery is denied. Help!

:)

peteB12, May 19, 2024
  2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

HELP I renamed a folder Recovery and its disappeared! upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, May 19, 2024
  3. files and folders "renaming music folder to audio"

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Are you facing any issues in renaming folder?
    • When you say, "music folder does not apply anymore as a primary designation" what exactly are you referring to?
    Follow the steps below to rename folder:

• Right click on a folder which you want to rename.
    • Select Rename and enter new name for it.
    Hope this helps. Kindly get back to us with the above details to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, May 19, 2024
  4. HELP I renamed a folder Recovery and its disappeared!

Can't rename folder.

Hi Howard,

It is possible that the difficulty renaming your folder is due to access/account limitation or a recent change was made on your computer. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Are you getting an error message when trying to rename the folder?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the "Public" folders?

We will be waiting for your response.

Dennis Mop, May 19, 2024
Thema:

HELP I renamed a folder Recovery and its disappeared!

1. HELP I renamed a folder Recovery and its disappeared! - Similar Threads - HELP renamed folder

2. HELP I renamed a folder Recovery and its disappeared!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP I renamed a folder Recovery and its disappeared!: I was reorganising things in my folders and renamed one of them Recovery because it was files I recovered from my SD Card. Its gone! I tried termial but is recovery is denied. Help!...
  3. My OneDrive and its folders disappeared.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My OneDrive and its folders disappeared.: Much to my surprise, I got a message saying my OneDrive was full. I did not even know that any of my files were loaded into OneDrive which I do not want anyway. So now when I search for a file, I sometimes get an error message saying it was in OneDrive which I cannot access....
  4. My OneDrive and its folders disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My OneDrive and its folders disappeared.: Much to my surprise, I got a message saying my OneDrive was full. I did not even know that any of my files were loaded into OneDrive which I do not want anyway. So now when I search for a file, I sometimes get an error message saying it was in OneDrive which I cannot access....
  5. My OneDrive and its folders disappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Renaming a Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming a Folder: HelloI transferred a folder to Google Drive as a back up. It seems automatically the original folder was named as MobilMover.exe., and my original folder was made sub-folder! I am not sure what the folder name MobilMover.exe is doing? I tried to rename it but will not allow...
  7. Batch renaming folders Help

Batch renaming folders Help: I found some folders on my A: drive the drive I assigned to my EXHDD because nostalgia that had slightly misleading names. Basically these folders have certain words/phrases in their names that I wanted to remove entirely. The only way I can think to do that is to go to...
  8. I can't rename the folder

I can't rename the folder: after the update my window 10. I can't rename the folder or I can't move the folder..this problem show [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-rename-the-folder/2b7d7977-8ab0-4260-b267-1154dfc1f626
  9. Renamed User account, now want to rename its folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Renamed User account, now want to rename its folder: I renamed a User account by using netplwiz. It was all good - the user can easily login and see all his files. Now I need to rename C:\User\<name> folder accordingly, but it does not work. The user cannot see his files upon logging in. I believe that there must be...
  10. renaming folders

renaming folders: I cannot rename folders with the usual right click method. When I right click and try to rename, I get 2 messages: 1) "Can't find the specified file." Then when I x out of that message, I get: 2) "The file or folder does not exist." I can rename the folder by going to the...