Windows 10: Help, I think I have been scammed

Discus and support Help, I think I have been scammed in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received today numerous pop ups telling me that Microsoft had locked my computer due to a security breach and urging me to contact Microsoft on 020... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JuliaDe Carteret, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Help, I think I have been scammed

I received today numerous pop ups telling me that Microsoft had locked my computer due to a security breach and urging me to contact Microsoft on 020 7097 4845 to sort it out. I did so believing it genuine. I spoke to an Asian gentleman who, I thought, helped me sort out the problem. As per his instructions, I gave him full access to my computer. I do internet banking and he asked me to check my last ten transactions online which I did. After everything was sorted, I worried about the call and googled the phone only to find out that it had been listed as dangerous. I contacted my bank and informed them. I have tried to contact Microsoft to check if this was a scam but cannot get through. I really worried that my computer is contaminated. Help, what do I do?

:)

JuliaDe Carteret, Mar 5, 2021
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Help, I think I have been scammed

1. Help, I think I have been scammed - Similar Threads - Help been scammed

2. Have I been scammed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have I been scammed: Last month my desktop computer was blocked and I had to call this number to get help, +1 425-310-5434. A man called Thomas Maier said that I had no Firewall and no security on my computer, he used Ultraviewer to get access to my computer. I knew that my protection had run out...
  3. Have I been scammed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have I been scammed: Last month my desktop computer was blocked and I had to call this number to get help, +1 425-310-5434. A man called Thomas Maier said that I had no Firewall and no security on my computer, he used Ultraviewer to get access to my computer. I knew that my protection had run out...
  4. I have been scammed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have been scammed: if you are in the crypto coin world do not us <Removed> they are a scam site they are in the Microsoft 2 factor authentication site its a scam don't use it!!!! [Original Title: scammed]...
  5. have i been scammed

have i been scammed: Error code-0x8024402c with a phone number that obviously was not microsoft however i am now worried that the phone number i did think was microsoft was not & concerned as i let her share my screen. can someone please give me some advice as im not very good with technology....
  6. have i been scammed

have i been scammed: error code 0x8024402c asking me to call 01215120016 it obviously was not microsoft BUT i did ring this number 03448002400 & shared my screen can anyone please tell me if this is a microsoft phone number as im not sure what to do...
  7. I think I have been scammed

I think I have been scammed: My computer came up with a message saying that it had been blocked because of a virus threat. I could not 'x' out of it or any of the programmes that I had open so I called the number on the screen - an 0800 number so it looked ok. I then stupidly gave them remote access...
  8. please help i think i was scam

in Windows 10 Customization
    please help i think i was scam: customer id-Gets5807 toll free no-1844-915-3111 Gateway-Aspire mareting service- 1years amount-149.99 company-sys tech solutions notepad inetcpl.cpl appwiz.cpl msinfo32 iexplore helpme.net...
  9. Have I been scammed?

Have I been scammed?: Have I been scammed? My computer was running very slow and I kept getting a pop up window saying it has 5 drivers outdated with a help number, The advisor was very helpful and said I could update the 5 drivers for $39.99. As we got into downloading the drivers, he often...
  10. HELP! Have I just been scammed??

HELP! Have I just been scammed??: Last night I got an alarm that said "Windows Immediate Action Alert & Alarm" complete with warning sounds. It said I needed to call 877.242.8595 immediately to work through this issue. My computer was acting up all day, screen turning milky white, freezing up, I couldn't get...