Windows 10: Help. I tried setting up custom app for kiosk mode by replacing winlogon shell...

Discus and support Help. I tried setting up custom app for kiosk mode by replacing winlogon shell... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How can I revert back? When I go back to the regedit winlogon shell it says explorer.exe and I can't fix it. submitted by /u/CheeseFrittata [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CheeseFrittata, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Help. I tried setting up custom app for kiosk mode by replacing winlogon shell...

How can I revert back? When I go back to the regedit winlogon shell it says explorer.exe and I can't fix it.

submitted by /u/CheeseFrittata
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CheeseFrittata, Jul 30, 2020

2. Windows 10 kiosk mode: screen locks after login

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using Kiosk Mode on Windows 10.

Since you are being logged out of Kiosk Mode after every login, I suggest you to refer the article

Troubleshoot kiosk mode issues

Also, you can try removing and creating the Kiosk account again, follow the steps mentioned below to remove the Kiosk account:

1. Go to Settings >
      Accounts > Family & other people.
    2. Under Setup a kiosk option click on
      Assigned access.
    3. Now under Kiosk info click on the
      account name and click on Remove kiosk.
    4. Now click on Remove.

Once the account is removed, refer the article to
    Set up a single-app kiosk

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Proflego Win User
    Win10 how to add app to Kiosk Mode list so I can assign it to a user

Running Windows 10, trying to set up PCs in Kiosk Mode. Everywhere I turn I find how to assign a user to pre-existing Apps in Kiosk Mode, but no one explains how to add an app, in my case an Internet Explorer Shortcut file, to the app list.

You'd think this would be mentioned somewhere.

I tried using Powershell using an administrative account on the PC, but got the following messages:
    Get-AppxPackage : Access is denied
    Access is denied.
    At C:\windows\system32\windowspowershell\v1.0\Modules\AssignedAccess\AssignedAccess.psm1:127 char:22

and

Application was not found. Enter either a valid AppName or AUMID

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

*Confused

Proflego, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Help. I tried setting up custom app for kiosk mode by replacing winlogon shell...

Restrict Task Manager access in kiosk mode

I have an application which is meant to be used in kiosk mode. I have tried the shell launcher method for this purpose with reference to the below link Shell
    Launcher
    . And its working as expected, but if go for Ctrl+ALT+Delete i can able to access task manager which in turns enables the explorer. but this is not desirable behavior, i need to restrict all
    windows explorer access,( I want to use only my app with in that user account, i need access to switch user or shut down with ctrl+alt+delete ) Is that possible? Can anyone guide me? have an application
    which is meant to be used in kiosk mode. I have tried the shell launcher method for this purpose with reference to the below link Shell
    Launcher
    . And its working as expected, but if go for Ctrl+ALT+Delete i can able to access task manager which in turns enables the explorer. but this is not desirable behavior, i need to restrict all
    windows explorer access,( I want to use only my app with in that user account, i need access to switch user or shut down with ctrl+alt+delete ) Is that possible? Can anyone guide me?

kanimozhiKP, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Help. I tried setting up custom app for kiosk mode by replacing winlogon shell...

1. Help. I tried setting up custom app for kiosk mode by replacing winlogon shell... - Similar Threads - Help tried setting

2. I am trying to set up kiosk mode on a Microsoft computer but there are no apps available...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to set up kiosk mode on a Microsoft computer but there are no apps available...: I am trying to set up kiosk mode on a Microsoft computer but there are no apps available except for "Windows Security" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-set-up-kiosk-mode-on-a-microsoft/10fb4501-d18d-4793-ab0c-29059b0a9bf4
  3. I am trying to set up kiosk mode on a Microsoft computer but there are no apps available...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am trying to set up kiosk mode on a Microsoft computer but there are no apps available...: I am trying to set up kiosk mode on a Microsoft computer but there are no apps available except for "Windows Security" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-set-up-kiosk-mode-on-a-microsoft/10fb4501-d18d-4793-ab0c-29059b0a9bf4
  4. I am trying to set up kiosk mode on a Microsoft computer but there are no apps available...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Kiosk Mode - Immersive Shell Tint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kiosk Mode - Immersive Shell Tint: My company is currently rolling out computers that are using the Win 10 Multi-app Kiosk mode. We've been researching, and even using ChatGPT, but have been unable to find a definitive answer for our question. The question we are trying to find an answer to is, can the...
  6. Kiosk Mode - Immersive Shell Tint

Kiosk Mode - Immersive Shell Tint: My company is currently rolling out computers that are using the Win 10 Multi-app Kiosk mode. We've been researching, and even using ChatGPT, but have been unable to find a definitive answer for our question. The question we are trying to find an answer to is, can the...
  7. Kiosk Mode - Immersive Shell Tint

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Setting up Third-Party apps in Windows Kiosk Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up Third-Party apps in Windows Kiosk Mode: I would like to know if there is a way to set up third party apps in the Windows kiosk mode without using an external software. Right now, when I select apps in the assigned apps sections, the list only includes Windows apps. I was wondering if there was an alternate way to...
  9. No button to "set up kiosk mode"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No button to "set up kiosk mode": Hi there,I'd like to set up a kiosk, but there's just no button showing. I can't click the "get started" text or anything. What am I missing? I'm on windows 11....
  10. No button to "set up kiosk mode"

No button to "set up kiosk mode": Hi there,I'd like to set up a kiosk, but there's just no button showing. I can't click the "get started" text or anything. What am I missing? I'm on windows 11....