Windows 10: [HELP] I want to use my nVidia as PRIMARY GRAPHICS CARD

Discus and support [HELP] I want to use my nVidia as PRIMARY GRAPHICS CARD in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a newly bought acer E 15 laptop with i5-8th gen 4GB RAM DDR3L Intel UHD 620 and a dedicated nVidia MX150 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card. I wan't to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Shnxxx, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Shnxxx Win User

[HELP] I want to use my nVidia as PRIMARY GRAPHICS CARD

I have a newly bought acer E 15 laptop with i5-8th gen 4GB RAM DDR3L Intel UHD 620 and a dedicated nVidia MX150 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card. I wan't to use nVidia as my PRIMARY GRAPGICS CARD.

[HELP] I want to use my nVidia as PRIMARY GRAPHICS CARD [​IMG]

All I can see here is Intel UHD 620 as my Primary Graphics Card. Is there anyway to make nVidia as my Primary? Instead nVidia is only sitting and waiting for some apps to be run so it will be used too.

What I have already done:

• Disabled Intel but it only made my screen resolution lower.
    • Updated nVidia and no success.
    • Opened nVidia control panel and chose nVidia MX150 as PhyX processor also set my Global settings to nVidia HIGH PERFORMANCE under '3D Settings' but still doesn't work.
    • Uninstalled nVidia drivers fully and re-installed an updated driver still no success.

I want to make nVidia as primary because as I said earlier, not all the times it works, in some cases, Intel handles the graphics and makes the application crappy.

:)

Shnxxx, Mar 29, 2018
  2. MattTkzR Win User

Windows 7 to Windows 10 pc tech problems!!

So.. I have two graphics cards on my laptop (Intel & Nvidia) when I was windows 7, my nvidia graphics card was the primary default use on all my games! But when I upgraded to windows 10... They started using Intel graphics card... I downloaded the new Nvidia
    hardware that suits my nvidia graphics card for windows 10 and yet it didn't work!!

My games:

Gta San Andreas

Counter Strike : Global offensive

BattleField 3

Payday the heist

Osu!

Minecraft

Ghost recon

league of legends

MattTkzR, Mar 29, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary update switched my graphics driver from NVIDIA to Intel

I have a Lenovo laptop --less than a year old-- with NVIDIA GeForce GT730M graphics card. The Windows 10 Anniversary update disabled the NVIDIA driver and switched the display to Intel HD Graphics 4600. Thinking there might be an upgrade compatibility
    issue, I downloaded and installed the newest (last week's driver update) NVIDIA driver for my card. How do I get my system to recognize my NVIDIA card again and set it to be my primary display driver?

LindaKelley, Mar 29, 2018
  4. Plankton Win User

You have to do that in your BIOS.

Plankton, Mar 29, 2018
  5. Even then I do not believe it is possible.

Masterchiefxx17, Mar 29, 2018
  6. That's your PRIMARY graphics card. Laptops with dedicated GPU in general will not display your dedicated GPU in that specific window.

The dedicated GPU will only do it's part of the job when there are graphically-intensive tasks that needs it (ie. gaming).

There's nothing wrong with your system. That's how it's supposed to be, even with AMD's.

RoasterMen, Mar 31, 2018
  7. Shnxxx Win User
    I already did that, I can't found anything similar in BIOS.

Shnxxx, Mar 31, 2018
  8. Shnxxx Win User

But for some time it doesn't work at all times, my

Shnxxx, Mar 31, 2018
  9. Faith Win User
    You use NVIDIA Optimus?

Nvidia Optimus - Wikipedia

DO NOT disable the Intel APU as it's needed for the nvidia processor to be fully utilized on a Optimus enabled laptop. DO NOT update the graphics drivers from Nvidia on Optimus laptops, instead get your drivers directly from Acer - in your case - as they provide compatibility specifically for your laptop. Using the nVidia GPU as your primary graphics device should work by simply opening up the nvidia controlpanel and choose "nVidia" in the drop-down menu under "manage 3D settings" for the preferred graphics proccesor.

1. Right Click on your desktop, and choose NVIDIA Control Panel.
    2. Click Manage 3D Settings.
    3. Click the Program Settings tab.
    4. Choose your desired program from the list. If your program is not in the list, uncheck the box Show only programs found on this computer.
    5. Choose the processor you want to use from the dropdown menu in step number 2.
    6. Select High-performance NVIDIA processor from the list.
    7. Click Apply.

https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answ...774.1499897887

Faith, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. [HELP] I want to use my nVidia as PRIMARY GRAPHICS CARD - Similar Threads - HELP nVidia PRIMARY

2. Change primary graphics to nvidia

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change primary graphics to nvidia: Greetings, sorry for asking, i've been 2 night to solve this but nowhere.I have Lenovo Idepad Gaming 3 which is have Nvidia GTX 1650 on it, and I have external monitor.I want to change my external monitor display adaptor to dedicated GPU, the Nvidia GTX 1650.I'm already tried...
  3. Change primary graphics to nvidia

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change primary graphics to nvidia: Greetings, sorry for asking, i've been 2 night to solve this but nowhere.I have Lenovo Idepad Gaming 3 which is have Nvidia GTX 1650 on it, and I have external monitor.I want to change my external monitor display adaptor to dedicated GPU, the Nvidia GTX 1650.I'm already tried...
  4. I need help with my Nvidia graphics card NOT DETECTED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need help with my Nvidia graphics card NOT DETECTED: Please help me my Asus Tuf Gaming F15 is not detecting my nvidia rtx 3060Not showing in device managerTried to reset pcTried to install latest driverTried to check it on Uefi/BiosTried to launch Geforce Experience appTried to launch Nvidia Control PanelTried to show hidden...
  5. Nvidia graphic card

Nvidia graphic card: My laptop broke down a few days ago and it got repaired and after the repair i was left in dust i had to start all over without knowing anything I downloaded my games but then realized that there was no graphic card in my laptop I don't know what to download how to download...
  6. NVIDIA graphics card not being used

NVIDIA graphics card not being used: I have tried just about everthing I can find only my games won't use NVIDIA high performance graphics card. The game in particular I am trying to get to work is GTAV. I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop with AMD Ryzen 5 and NVIDIA Geforce Gtx 1050. The Geforce is listed...
  7. I UNISTALLED MY NVIDIA GRAPHIC CARD AND I WANT TO INSTALL IT AGAIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I UNISTALLED MY NVIDIA GRAPHIC CARD AND I WANT TO INSTALL IT AGAIN: What xan I do to install my graphics card again? Does it harm my laptop when I deleted the grahics card? I tried going to recylce bin but it wasn’t there. What can I do?...
  8. Cannot use the Nvidia Graphic card on my laptop

Cannot use the Nvidia Graphic card on my laptop: I am using a MSI laptop which comes with a Nvidia GTX 970M graphic card, however I couldn't use it as my primary graphic card. In the device manager, it does show the graphic card is working properly, but when I plug into another monitor/ use the laptop monitor and go to the...
  9. Nvidia graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia graphics card: Hello! I have a pc with a Gigabyte A320M-S2H motherboard AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Vega 8 graphics. I have purchased a Nvidia GTX1050TI graphics card. When I first installed the graphics card and powered up the screen was 800 x 600. I inserted the driver disk that came with the...
  10. Graphic card nvidia

Graphic card nvidia: I recently did a clean installation of windows 10 and after installing the new os windows wont detect and use my primary graphic card which is nvidia 940mx and i tried installing the latest drivers but it still uses on board graphics what shoud i do? P.S: i tried the nvidia...