Windows 10: [HELP] I would like to factory reset my LAPTOP

Discus and support [HELP] I would like to factory reset my LAPTOP in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I got bumped into this one video on YouTube which says that I should do before using a new laptop. It introduces me to Macrium Reflect. New laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Shnxxx, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Shnxxx Win User

[HELP] I would like to factory reset my LAPTOP

I got bumped into this one video on YouTube which says that I should do before using a new laptop. It introduces me to Macrium Reflect. New laptop users should always save a snapshot of the factory-configured laptop (without windows updates) so you could always start fresh when you feel that your laptop is already sluggish.

So, I've been searching if there are available snapshots for the same unit and model of my laptop. I would like to factory reset it. It doesn't perform well now. Last year, I loved to play CS: GO. My FPS back then was 250+ in my low-medium settings, 4:3 aspect ratio. And just last week, I tried to update CS: GO and played it again, same settings, I barely get 90FPS and stables at 60FPS, and it is bad. FPS gets worse when lots are happening in the game.

I tried using DDU for both Intel and Nvidia graphics drivers, thinking that re-installing it will fix my FPS issues, but nothing happened.

My current version: 2004 (OS Build 19041.329)

Here is my Laptop model and specs:

• Acer Aspire E 15 (E5-576G) / (E5-576G-50EN)
    • Intel i5-8250U
    • Nvidia GeForce MX150 2GB
    • 8GB DDR3L RAM
    • Samsung SSD 860 Evo 500GB
    • Realtek HD Audio
    • Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168
    • Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

:)

Shnxxx, Jul 17, 2020
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jul 17, 2020
  3. stanroy Win User
    Reset Acer Travelmate to factory settings

Hi all, I have an Acer Travelmate with Win10 (1607), I would like to save Win 10 to a stick, then reset the laptop back to factory settings and then reinstall Win10. There is no program on the laptop that requires saving. Any advice or suggestions, not to technical, would be very much appreciated, thanks Roy

stanroy, Jul 17, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

1. [HELP] I would like to factory reset my LAPTOP - Similar Threads - HELP factory reset

2. I have windows eleven and i would like to factory reset my lenovo laptop. I do not remember...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have windows eleven and i would like to factory reset my lenovo laptop. I do not remember...: I have windows eleven and i would like to factory reset my lenovo laptop. I do not remember if I have the drivers for the laptop or how I can retrieve the windows after I wipe my laptop...
  3. I have windows eleven and i would like to factory reset my lenovo laptop. I do not remember...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have windows eleven and i would like to factory reset my lenovo laptop. I do not remember...: I have windows eleven and i would like to factory reset my lenovo laptop. I do not remember if I have the drivers for the laptop or how I can retrieve the windows after I wipe my laptop...
  4. HELP! MY LAPTOP FACTORY RESET BY ITSELF!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HELP! MY LAPTOP FACTORY RESET BY ITSELF!: Hello. I'm Dalila. So this morning when I'm trying to turn on my laptop by key in my password, it says that "windows problem.... need to sign out" something like that because I just woke up from sleep and need to do some report. Last time I used my laptop was three days ago....
  5. I need help Factory resetting my laptop with Windows 10

I need help Factory resetting my laptop with Windows 10: Hi, I know this is a common question, yet I'm unable to do it. I have tried factory resetting from being logged in but it restarts the computer and says "something went wrong". So my alternative is to create a USB using the Mediacreationtool.exe downloadable here on the...
  6. would like to sell my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    would like to sell my laptop: best way to set it on default? i've saved on external drive. thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/would-like-to-sell-my-laptop/c06506ed-2f37-49a6-b54a-251bdf2a17e6"
  7. Factory Resetting my laptop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Factory Resetting my laptop?: The main issue is that my Lenovo laptop's speakers no longer work because a pseudo-IT Dude at my high school didn't actually know how to fix it and wound up using up even more space on my drive with who knows what. On top of that installed drivers that don't work. So:...
  8. games not opening ,if i reset my laptop to factory settings will that help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    games not opening ,if i reset my laptop to factory settings will that help: have several gam down loads that have stopped opening.have tried all the self help options,refreshed windows 10,tried to set run in compatibilty .still games wont open....
  9. I would like to have help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I would like to have help: not really sure if this is in right windows topic but correct my wrongs lets start off for the last few 2-3 days my cmd has been popping up saying Too many arguments in command line. The process tried to write to a nonexistent pipe. FINDSTR: Cannot open...
  10. Factory reset my laptop

Factory reset my laptop: [IMG]Hey all, I factory reset my laptop because i was going to be selling it to my brother and i wanted eveeytbing cleared off of it. Well, when i went to get it all ready for my brother i figured out im in an endless loop. The computer is telling me that it needs an update...