Windows 10: Help identifying the contents of a large possible video file.

Discus and support Help identifying the contents of a large possible video file. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After looking thru the forum sections it seems this may be the best place to post this. I am wondering if anyone is aware of a program that can scan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rangervegas, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Help identifying the contents of a large possible video file.

After looking thru the forum sections it seems this may be the best place to post this.

I am wondering if anyone is aware of a program that can scan any type of file and report back as to what kind of content, if any, is actually in it, or if it's perhaps one of those fake generated large files with simply nothing in it.

I am attempting to help a friend identify possible copyrighted video content posted from their computer or website and I downloaded an aprox 400MB video file that was a link from a post to download this content. However when trying to open the file, several types of video players report either an error opening it, or that an unspecified codec is needed. I have the K-lite codec pack with the largest # of video/audio codecs but I understand this is not the be all end all codec pack for every possible video/audio type.

I have tried using several different codec identifier programs with no success but many of these programs are also years old. I have also tried renaming the extracted file as a .rar file which is the original container it came in to see if it's a compression inside of a compression but this did not work either.

So now I am here, hoping someone may have an idea of what else I can do to see the actual contents of this file, if there is anything there. Normally on smaller files I will use Notepad++ to open it and look at what kind of content it appears to be if there is any doubt. However for a file this large I think i'd probably need about 40 more GB of RAM to be able to open this with a text editor program without waiting for hours, if it even ever opened it.

Thank you for any ideas.

Eric

:)

rangervegas, Dec 13, 2019

2. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Search Content of MHT files

Hi David,

Most probably, this is a problem with the search and indexing of your Windows 10 computer. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we would like to clarify the following:

• Are you trying to search the content of MHT files using Cortana?
    • Have you tried searching it using the File Explorer?
    • Are you using a third-party app to search for the content of MHT files?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for search and indexing. To run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems.
    • Select Search and Indexing and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Dec 13, 2019
  4. Help identifying the contents of a large possible video file.

Local Video Files buffering

Hi Larry,

You might experience some buffers in playing videos from your hard drive due to a corrupted file, a software conflict, or an incompatible graphics driver. For us to identify the root cause of this issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• What application are you using to play or open your video files?
    • Have you made any software or hardware changes prior to this issue?
    • What is the build number and version of your Windows?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you use System File Checker to scan for corrupted system files.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

Help identifying the contents of a large possible video file.

1. Help identifying the contents of a large possible video file. - Similar Threads - Help identifying contents

2. large video file sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    large video file sharing: I have several large 25GB video files on an external drive attached to my W10 PC. Instead of uploading them to a cloud folder, is there a way to share them over a WiFi home network with another PC or device? How will the other device locate/discover a shared link? Must the...
  3. large video file sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    large video file sharing: I have several large 25GB video files on an external drive attached to my W10 PC. Instead of uploading them to a cloud folder, is there a way to share them over a WiFi home network with another PC or device? How will the other device locate/discover a shared link? Must the...
  4. large video file sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Photos and Videos copied from Samsung S9 to Laptop became very large files, possibly...

Photos and Videos copied from Samsung S9 to Laptop became very large files, possibly...: Hi All,I have ported over some files from my phone to my laptop but they seem to have been corrupted. I've dug into this issue but have yet to find a solution. Does anyone know if this issue is correctable? Or are my files completely lost? Any assistance would be much...
  6. identify folders with no contents

identify folders with no contents: Hi,I am wondering if there is a way to hide folders or have some notification that there is no contents within them in windows explorer.We have a default structure of folders that we copy and rename for new projects and within, there are multiple folders below folders.Once...
  7. Help extracting large file.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help extracting large file.: I have a large 34 gb file that takes up the rest of my storage its in rar file form so if i extract it there will still be the rar file left. How would i go about extracting this file submitted by /u/EDGELORDSICKOBAMBA [link] [comments]...
  8. problem identifying possible virus

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem identifying possible virus: The icons to my microsoft programs are in red. They are usually green or blue work, powerpoint, etc is this a virus? I've also had an ongoing "new update" that is permeating my computer. Its difficult to close, and just keeps popping up. I wont install it because i dont...
  9. Can anyone help identify this file?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can anyone help identify this file?: I have found a file called runexehelper.exe in my Windows\System32 folder. It's creation date is similar to the rest of the Windows files for my current build (16199), but unlike all the other Windows files, it does not contain any Details information in Properties->Details...
  10. How to identify contents of partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to identify contents of partitions: My single ssd has the partitions shown in the attached file. This notebook was converted to win 10 from 8.1. I want to merge C: and D: into one volume. However to do that it appears that I need to have them adjacent. I tried to move the two offending small partitions but...