Windows 10: Help! Im looking to start fresh on my laptop.

Discus and support Help! Im looking to start fresh on my laptop. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there. I'm looking to start from scratch with my laptop and I already made a backup of all the files I want to keep or consider important. My doubt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iMakishi, May 13, 2020.

1. Help! Im looking to start fresh on my laptop.

Hi there.

I'm looking to start from scratch with my laptop and I already made a backup of all the files I want to keep or consider important. My doubt lies on the method I should choose. I don't know if I should go with "Reset this PC", "Fresh Start" or use a USB Drive with a clean Windows version.

From what I understand, "Reset this PC" takes a bit of along time but it manages to reinstall Windows 10 and deletes all the files you choose on your SSD's and your configuration settings but keeps the bloatware that comes preinstalled from the manufacturer.

"Fresh Start" on the other hand does the complete opposite providing you with a clean installation of Windows, keeping configuration settings and personal files and removing the bloatware.

When it comes to the USB method I don't really understand it. I get lost when it comes to the partitions and how they work and what to do with them.

If someone could provide a bit more of insight on each process and recommend sort of a course of action, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

submitted by /u/iMakishi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iMakishi, May 13, 2020

2. fresh start

I want to reinstall windows 10with a clean version

windows suggest to use the new fresh start that comes with the anniversary packet. I am unable to do a fresh start because my windows defender do have a security centre. please give me advice I am ready to throw this laptop out the window.

all I want is a fresh start. some one please help

faheemabrahams, May 13, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

Support | Dell Deutschland

Namslas90, May 13, 2020
  4. SunnyK Win User

Help! Im looking to start fresh on my laptop.

New Laptop Help, Please.

What about MSI GS60 or Lenovo Y50? THey are light, portable and powerful... also both are 15" and in your budget. *Toast :toast:

SunnyK, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Help! Im looking to start fresh on my laptop.

1. Help! Im looking to start fresh on my laptop. - Similar Threads - Help looking start

2. Fresh start help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh start help: [ATTACH] So, I was just doing a periodic scan of Windows 10 through Windows defender when I stumbled upon the Fresh start option. Although I am not going to use it now, I just wanted to look at it as it might prove useful later. So when I press on the additional settings...
  3. there is no get started option when i tried to fresh start my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    there is no get started option when i tried to fresh start my laptop: I tried to fresh start my laptop because it has become sluggish, so I followed all the steps to fresh start but I am not getting get started option...
  4. Fresh start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fresh start: I recently purchased a new ssd and discovered the fresh start feature. When completing the fresh start do i have to reinstall windows back onto my hard drive or can i install it on the ssd? also if i do a fresh start will i have to buy a new activation key? Many thanks Kyle...
  5. im looking for my bitlockerkey that was store here

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    im looking for my bitlockerkey that was store here: i cant find my bitlocker key that was stored here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-looking-for-my-bitlockerkey-that-was-store-here/58561e36-220d-419f-8077-304321863166
  6. "Fresh start"

"Fresh start": Look at the following image. [ATTACH] What EXACTLY it keeps and removes? Will it improve the performance A LOT? Can I backup things I had before I did it, if I make a mistake?...
  7. Fresh Start

Fresh Start: A friend of mine used Fresh Start hoping to speed up her computer. The result, after an hour and a half or so, was that she couldn't do anything with her keyboard or mouse when she started up (or restarted). I saw that she had a serial port so I found an old serial mouse at...
  8. Fresh Start

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fresh Start: Windows keeps saying to do a fresh start if I do will I need a disc copy of windows 10 or is it on my laptop and to I need the product code. Because I don't have it I got this laptop used and I'm afraid I will mess up my laptop....
  9. fresh start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fresh start: Hi, I did a fresh start yesterday,,, oh my!!! I wish I hadn't. All because I saw that it was recommended. I've been trying to fix my batterey only charging to 58% and it came up so I thought, why not if it needs to. It's wiped my google chrome & my Norton protection to name...
  10. Gmail - A Fresh Look...

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail - A Fresh Look...: Thanks @Edwin found them in the bottom of that window. I just didn't look far enough. But you'd think they should be visible on the "main" display page. Really doesn't matter, I'm going to stick with the old version anyway.