Windows 10: [HELP] Immersive Search not working in Windows 10 2004!

Discus and support [HELP] Immersive Search not working in Windows 10 2004! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 version 2004 via a clean installation. I did the same registry week that I did in 1909 but now it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/m_beps, May 30, 2020.

1. /u/m_beps Win User

[HELP] Immersive Search not working in Windows 10 2004!

[HELP] Immersive Search not working in Windows 10 2004! 2VyY4sk7Bk9HuxizTWI-1eOhkELlFqC5pCCksVH-kJk.jpg

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 version 2004 via a clean installation. I did the same registry week that I did in 1909 but now it's not working properly. The Search box would stay in the same place but be at the top of everything. I tried Googling the issue but I didn't find anything. Do I have to use a different registry entre?

What it should look like - 1909

What it looks like now - 2004

submitted by /u/m_beps
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/m_beps, May 30, 2020
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

immersive control panel stops working

Hi sharvilpandit,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

To get clarity of this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. What is the build version of Windows 10 you are using?

I suggest you to follow the below method, and check if that helps.

Method 1: Perform SFC Scan.

Sfc Scan will inspect all of the important Windows files on your computer, including Windows DLL files. If System File Checker finds an issue with any of these protected files, it will replace it.

1. Click on search box and type CMD.
    2. Right click on command, launch Command Prompt as administrator in Windows 10.
    3. Then type Sfc /scannow
    4. System File Checker will now verify the integrity of every protected operating system file on your computer. It might take quite a while to finish.
    5. Once the verification reaches 100%, restart the PC and check if that helps.

I suggest you to refer this article
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Method 2: Re-register the Immersive Control Panel on PowerShell command.

1. Click on search box and type in PowerShell.
    2. Right-click on Windows PowerShell icon and select
      Run as Administrator
    3. Copy/ paste this command on PowerShell: PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *immersivecontrolpanel*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode
      -Register $manifest}"
    4. Restart the PC, and check if that helps.

Kindly provide us the results so that we can assist you further.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, May 30, 2020
  3. Hyscore Win User
    Hyscore, May 30, 2020
  4. [HELP] Immersive Search not working in Windows 10 2004!

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 30, 2020
Thema:

[HELP] Immersive Search not working in Windows 10 2004!

1. [HELP] Immersive Search not working in Windows 10 2004! - Similar Threads - HELP Immersive Search

2. Does The Immersive Search Reg Edit Still Work ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does The Immersive Search Reg Edit Still Work ?: Does the registry edit to enable the floating immersive search in the center of the screen still work in ? Every post or article I see was posted in 2019 … I just tried the registry edits and it doesn't seem to be working anymore. Jus upgraded to a large 32 inch monitor and...
  3. File Explorer Search Not Working - Windows 10 Version 2004

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Search Not Working - Windows 10 Version 2004: Hello. I've seen many other posts about this issue, but none of the suggested solutions have worked. The search function in File Explorer stopped working a few months ago. I have Windows 10, version 2004 OS Build 19041.508 with all the latest updates. Help please?...
  4. Windows Search is not working since 2004 update

in Cortana
    Windows Search is not working since 2004 update: Windows Search is not working since 2004 update. When I click the search button, nothing happens. Same with Win + Q. Task Manager doesn't show any SearchUI.exe running. And I have done sfc scam and DCIM scans.... No luck!...
  5. Windows 10 Build 2004 Update Windows Search Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Build 2004 Update Windows Search Not Working: After updating to Build 2004, Windows Search and File Explorer Quick Access no longer work. The troubleshooter reports no problems. Any suggestions? I am on a 64 bit Lenovo desktop, with Windows operating on a SSD....
  6. Windows 10 2004 Immersive Search

Windows 10 2004 Immersive Search: Has Microsoft removed Immersive Search from the latest version? I recently updated to version 2004 and the search feature is not working. None of the resources I found on the internet worked. Is there a way to enable it? submitted by /u/Youth-Different [link] [comments]...
  7. BROKEN IMMERSIVE SEARCH

BROKEN IMMERSIVE SEARCH: [ATTACH] Followed several tutorials including one on tenforums to enable immersive search. Frustratingly I can never get the immersive search box to match the windows light theme. I've reinstalled windows multiple times, and tried multiple registry edits, but it never...
  8. Enable Immersive Search and Rounded Corners in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable Immersive Search and Rounded Corners in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In Windows 10 v1903 and later, the overall experience to search files, folders, remain more or less the same as seen in previous versions. However, you can make changes to the User Interface. For instance, you can replace the flat [...] This post Enable...
  9. Immersive search with a black border around it

in Cortana
    Immersive search with a black border around it: I've enabled immersive search via regedit, but it have a weird black border around it, did I do something wrong or is it the problem of 1809. I'm able to make it function normally in a previous version of windows 10. [ATTACH]...
  10. Enable or Disable Floating Immersive Search Bar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Floating Immersive Search Bar in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Floating Immersive Search Bar in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Floating Immersive Search Bar in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17040, there is a hidden new floating Search bar that can be enabled for a more immersive Cortana...