Windows 10: Help in adding entry in windows boot manager

Discus and support Help in adding entry in windows boot manager in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is there any way to add this "linpus lite" device in windows boot manager?[ATTACH][ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Anastaciovince, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Help in adding entry in windows boot manager

Is there any way to add this "linpus lite" device in windows boot manager? Help in adding entry in windows boot manager 90b44310-3937-44eb-abcb-ec1473c711bd?upload=true.jpg Help in adding entry in windows boot manager b4ce316a-b5a8-4b2a-8308-a6586109c690?upload=true.jpg

:)

Anastaciovince, Jul 21, 2019

2. Help with adding a linux entry to windows boot manager [UEFI] - Baytrail tablet

I've an Acer One 10 tablet and I've been working on the android x86 project as well...

For dual booting windows with any other OS, I add the option using EasyUEFI software and select the grub.efi file for the OS.

However the entry only exists in the Bios boot options and not in the windows boot menu. This is a problem as my tablet is a 2 in 1 hybrid and doesn't have the keyboard always connected and this makes it impossible to boot into any other OS without the keypad.
    I've to manually boot into windows first then go to advanced reboot menu then select it from other bootable device list.

I wanted a simpler way. I see that the new metro boot menu is touch enabled.. So I was wondering if I could add this menu entry into my current windows boot manager and make it appear at boot in the boot menu.

Someone please help me with a procedure on this.

An entry in the bootmanager that would just do what the current bios uefi entry is doing (a way to run the efi file)

Thank you

zeetherocker, Jul 21, 2019
  3. borgus Win User
    Device Manager "other" entries

After a fresh W10 1703 fully updated install on a 3148 Inspiron laptop, four OTHER DEVICES appear in Device Manager: PCI Data Aqquisition and Signal Processing Controller and three 'unknown devices.' "Drivers not installed; no compatible driver can be found."

Prior to this install several Intel drivers were listed under Programs and Features. likely because they were added after the fact. They are not listed now and Intel's update utility reports nothing missing. SFC is good and PC operation is normal.

The errant entries are redetected at boot even if disabled, or uninstalled via Safe Mode. Suggestions on banishing them for good would be appreciated.

borgus, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Help in adding entry in windows boot manager

Windows boot manager

There could be some system conflict triggered after the said changes. To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform a clean boot. A
    clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This will help to determine what is causing the issue on the Windows boot manager. To do this, click on this
    link and scroll down to the
    How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot section then follow the steps listed..

Note: If the installation is successful and the issue has been resolved. Please go through the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual” to reset your computer to the normal startup.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

Help in adding entry in windows boot manager

1. Help in adding entry in windows boot manager - Similar Threads - Help adding entry

2. Help with windows boot manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with windows boot manager: My OS is on my hard drive and my windows boot manager is on my ssd. How do I get windows boot manager on my hard drive? submitted by /u/CrankingTheCrandon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/183bdwt/help_with_windows_boot_manager/
  3. HELP! windows boot manager error ???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! windows boot manager error ???: I have Windows 11and one of my laptops Lenovo suddenly will not boot. I get this message: Under Setup Notice: Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed. HELP!!!!How can I fix this?Meredith...
  4. HELP! windows boot manager error ???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! windows boot manager error ???: I have Windows 11and one of my laptops Lenovo suddenly will not boot. I get this message: Under Setup Notice: Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed. HELP!!!!How can I fix this?Meredith...
  5. How to remove Windows Boot Manager entry from one disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Windows Boot Manager entry from one disk?: Hello. I have an Acer laptop with Nvme2 disk which I have windows installed on it. I have decided to add secondary 2,5" SSD Samsung EVO 860 and did it. This SSD was used in my previous laptop, it was a main disk, I had windows and all the files there.So before moving to a new...
  6. How to remove Windows Boot Manager entry from one disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove Windows Boot Manager entry from one disk?: Hello. I have an Acer laptop with Nvme2 disk which I have windows installed on it. I have decided to add secondary 2,5" SSD Samsung EVO 860 and did it. This SSD was used in my previous laptop, it was a main disk, I had windows and all the files there.So before moving to a new...
  7. How to add entries to windows boot manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to add entries to windows boot manager: Hello windows community! I've got a repeating problem with my windows installation that is preventing me from using grub with bitlocker. After researching a solution I found the most simple and secure solution is to use the built in windows boot manager. I have found...
  8. Bios windows boot manager has 38 entries

in Windows 10 Support
    Bios windows boot manager has 38 entries: I was going to do a clean install of windows on my friends machine and when going in the bios their was 38 entries of windows boot manager Bios is set to uefi Secure boot disabled Boot option priorities have 38 entries of windows boot manager. Now I’m going to format...
  9. boot manager help plz

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    boot manager help plz: I was doing a clean install on win10 home edition on hp laptop, i reodered the boot order in bios and proceeded using a usb. now after tring to install, i get this error.. "windows failed to restart. a recent hardware or software change might be the cause,...
  10. boot manager help plz

in Windows 10 Support
    boot manager help plz: I was doing a clean install on win10 home edition on hp laptop, i reodered the boot order in bios and proceeded using a usb. now after tring to install, i get this error.. "windows failed to restart. a recent hardware or software change might be the cause,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. help with boot manager

2. windows boot manager editor adding a new boot entry